Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    He reminds me of a younger version of Michael Lonsdale (Anglo-French actor, Ronin and the baddie in Moonraker).
    You forgot probably his best film/ performance as the police inspector in The Day of the Jackal
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Perfect, runs beyond the lines, wants to get close to the striker and is a proper 10. What’s not to like? 
    Don’t you worry people will find something not to like….something like one of his boot laces is longer than the other one. 
          Bad signing I think as he has one boot lace longer than the other one.
  • Options
    welcome Elliott, keep it in the family .. though I'd be a lot happier if this type of decent signing was on a permanent basis 
  • Options
    Will most likely play more games & score more goals than his dad did at The Valley. 
    What an idiotic comment 
    I could probably look it up but I dont thknk Robert Lee played much at the Valley. He scored the last goal there but as a sub so I'm thinking that might have been his breakthrough season. He left us before we went back, so although he played a lot of games & scored a lot of goals I'd stick my neck out to say probably a handful of games & 1 goal at THE VALLEY.
    I made my debut in the 83/84 season and played 10 games.
    84/85 season I played 39 games

So all in probably about 25 at The Valley.
  • Options
    I've got a feeling Alan Shearer is the Godfather ......
  • Options
    Will most likely play more games & score more goals than his dad did at The Valley. 
    What an idiotic comment 
    I could probably look it up but I dont thknk Robert Lee played much at the Valley. He scored the last goal there but as a sub so I'm thinking that might have been his breakthrough season. He left us before we went back, so although he played a lot of games & scored a lot of goals I'd stick my neck out to say probably a handful of games & 1 goal at THE VALLEY.
    Had a beer - whilst your negative comments are usual, poor spelling is not ??

Robert Lee scored more than 1 goal at The Valley - annoyingly my Home and Away book is in the loft - pretty sure he scored on his debut at The Valley 

My point is that your original comment was not needed - Robert Lee played lots of games and scored lots of goals for us at home games - sadly most at grounds that were not our ‘home’ - he was however a massive player for us and one of the key players that kept us in Div 1 way beyond what was thought possible 
  • Options
    I really hope he does the business and don’t really know a lot about him but not sure where this level of positivity comes from? 

Got an average goal record at this level and can’t get in a championship side. The past promotion teams have comprised players ready to make the step up to the championship. Better than nothing and clearly a steady league one player… but would be surprised if he’s gonna transform us into a competitive side. We need some premiership
    youth quality IMO. 

Hope I’m proved wrong. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an idiotic comment 

Robert Lee scored more than 1 goal at The Valley - annoyingly my Home and Away book is in the loft - pretty sure he scored on his debut at The Valley 

My point is that your original comment was not needed - Robert Lee played lots of games and scored lots of goals for us at home games - sadly most at grounds that were not our ‘home’ - he was however a massive player for us and one of the key players that kept us in Div 1 way beyond what was thought possible 
    To be fair I don't think Golfie was knocking Robert?  He even said he played many games and scored a lot of goals.  He merely pointed out most of them weren't at the Valley.

The only criticism I have ever seen on here about Robert is the common reference to him as Rob and the fact, like Paul Walsh, he sometimes comes across like he forgot he played for us. 
  • Options
    I really hope he does the business and don’t really know a lot about him but not sure where this level of positivity comes from? 

Got an average goal record at this level and can’t get in a championship side. The past promotion teams have comprised players ready to make the step up to the championship. Better than nothing and clearly a steady league one player… but would be surprised if he’s gonna transform us into a competitive side. We need some premiership
    youth quality IMO. 

Hope I’m proved wrong. 
    1 in 3-4 goal record is pretty respectable honestly, about par with the legend that is Johnnie Jackson.

Plus we've seen that 1) Morgan just isn't right for the no.10 role and 2) that role is crucial to our style of play.

He himself is a decent player at least but potentially is the key to making the midfield more than the sum of its parts simply by the role/position he plays.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What an idiotic comment 

To be fair I don't think Golfie was knocking Robert?  He even said he played many games and scored a lot of goals.  He merely pointed out most of them weren't at the Valley.

The only criticism I have ever seen on here about Robert is the common reference to him as Rob and the fact, like Paul Walsh, he sometimes comes across like he forgot he played for us. 
    Lee averaged one goal in every 2 games whilst playing at the Valley for Charlton Athletic 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What an idiotic comment 

I don’t put Robert Lee in the Paul Walsh camp - Robert spoke fondly about his time with us on Charlton TV during no fans in stadiums - admittedly he wasn’t as media friendly as Curbs or Lennie - some are better on camera than others  

Paul Walsh can simply do one - and I say that sadly, as I stood on the East Terrace and thought he was a footballing god when he appeared on the scene in 1980 - I was 12 when he was sold and I cried (with my late Dad trying to explain to me that supporting Charlton this would always be the way things would be !!)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What an idiotic comment 

Lee averaged one goal in every 2 games whilst playing at the Valley for Charlton Athletic 
    That's not disputed or relevant 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Watched him fairly closely on the Oxford game when he scored. He looked pretty useful and arguably just what we need. 
    His goals reel is quite tasty.

https://youtu.be/Sb8wA_5lxZ4
    He didn’t score against us last season. We won 2-0 and drew 0-0 with them. 

His brother scored for Gillingham when they beat us at home. 
    Oh, jeez, my memory :-( 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What an idiotic comment 

But if only someone knew exactly how many games he played and goals he scored - that way they could put it on this thread and the matter would be over ......

Oh, someone already has you say .......
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    What an idiotic comment 
    Well then you would be wrong.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I've got a feeling Alan Shearer is the Godfather ......
    That was Marlon Brando...........

But your right he is. 
    Apparently Lincoln and wigan are after him 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally agree. I was on the East Terrace at a similar time with my dad and he pretty much said exactly the same as your dad! Paul has never really referred to his time at Charlton since he left, despite being a local lad at the time, having been brought up in Plumstead If I recall correctly. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    What an idiotic comment 
    Well then you would be wrong.
    Thanking you - well said 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Totally agree. I was on the East Terrace at a similar time with my dad and he pretty much said exactly the same as your dad! Paul has never really referred to his time at Charlton since he left, despite being a local lad at the time, having been brought up in Plumstead If I recall correctly. 
    Think it might have been next door just in Abbey Wood mate, Basildon Road😉.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Watched him fairly closely on the Oxford game when he scored. He looked pretty useful and arguably just what we need. 

A few seasons old now, but that;'s definitely one of the better new signing highlights reels I've seen.
    Yeah, but he's clearly no Franck Mousa!
    :-)

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Which Oxford game ?
    Ignore me. Brain’s gone. Was thinking of Olly. 
  • Options
    38.26 on this link is another - that's three!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKRhHKdrieM
  • Options
    Thought he was a striker rather than a no10, but fine yeh goal record okay for that.

key point for me though is he doesn’t appear to be championship quality. We need to be trying to assemble a championship side, like we had in 11/12 and like we had in 18/19.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What an idiotic comment 

I little known fact, it's pretty much only football fans and his mum that called him Robert. Ask anyone else, team mate, friend, family, he was always Rob.