Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    Good signing. A bit awkward for dad when we play the Gills!
  • Options
    Not exactly a marquee signing or one which will make the rest of L1 shudder, but a sensible signing who fills a major gap in the squad
    Might not make them shudder but I can't imagine many teams will relish coming up against him either. Especially not if Kirk finds form too.
  • Options
    How tall is he? 
    Can he play in both half's? (Of the game and the pitch)
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    -----------McGivalry
    Matthews - Innis - Famewo - *NEW*
    ---------Dobson - Gilbey
    DJ----------- Lee ---------Kirk
    -----------Stockley

looks a good team to me
    Hoping Dobson comes good (I reckon he will) and that looks like the begginings of a decent starting 11
    Can we not play this rigid system ?  We don’t have the passing quality to make it work 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This signing should mean that somebody is now near Stockley! Bet he's smiling.
  • Options
    Will most likely play more games & score more goals than his dad did at The Valley. 
    If he scores 16 goals this season then I’m sure his old man will be more than happy that his scoring record at the Valley has been beaten! 
  • Options
    me likey! just what we need, well part of what we need still a few more to go. But very happy with this signing! 
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    Not exactly a marquee signing or one which will make the rest of L1 shudder, but a sensible signing who fills a major gap in the squad
    I think that is slightly underestimating his ability... Championship side #10, with experience of this league as well as a hat full of goals and assists. I think its a quality signing and he should go straight into the team.

Not to mention the fact he is delighted to be here, family ties etc. etc. 
    Again I'm not trying to sound negative because I think he's a decent signing, but he's someone who didn't hack it in the Championship, hence his loan spells at Oxford and us. A decent L1 player yes
  • Options
    Cant be any worse that what we’ve got. Welcome aboard. 
  • Options
    Good signing, one that will improve is. Need more depth but this is a good start. 
  • Options
    Getting excited about loaning a 26 year old from Luton. 

Coquelin, Beilik, Gallagher, Cullen, Maatsen, Lee

“How are the mighty fallen”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never any guarantees in this game, but feels like a good fit of a signing. Right kind of player, pedigree, and experience. Just a shame it's only a loan.

I know there's a bit of weird bitterness towards his Dad from some on here, but Rob(ert) was my first favourite Charlton player as a kid (along with Paul Williams) so there's a certain romance, for me, to seeing his kid sign for us.

Welcome Elliot, and best of luck as an Addick.

• Options
    That’s a good signing - the kind we needed. Repeat that for 2 x CMs and a left back and the starting eleven is looking better…. Get a similar level as back ups for CBs and strikers and even better still
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    -----------McGivalry
    Matthews - Innis - Famewo - *NEW*
    ---------Dobson - Gilbey
    DJ----------- Lee ---------Kirk
    -----------Stockley

looks a good team to me
    Hoping Dobson comes good (I reckon he will) and that looks like the begginings of a decent starting 11

Would expect to see an improvement, Gilbey and Lee are a step up from Clare and Morgan (on paper at least) with them two being able to hang on to and move the ball better that should SHOULD mean less mistakes and by default, less pressure on Dobson mopping up and covering mistakes. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    He's been scoring 1 in 3 games in L1.
    I suggest that puts him somewhere around 10th to 15th in the top scorer L1 tables, in the last few seasons.
    Similar to Stockley's expected level or not far behind?
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    I think that is slightly underestimating his ability... Championship side #10, with experience of this league as well as a hat full of goals and assists. I think its a quality signing and he should go straight into the team.

Not to mention the fact he is delighted to be here, family ties etc. etc. 
    Again I'm not trying to sound negative because I think he's a decent signing, but he's someone who didn't hack it in the Championship, hence his loan spells at Oxford and us. A decent L1 player yes
    We're not in The Championship.
    I was replying to the previous comment describing him as a Championship No 10