Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    👍🏻
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Rothko said:
    Perfect, runs beyond the lines, wants to get close to the striker and is a proper 10. What’s not to like? 
    Don’t you worry people will find something not to like….something like one of his boot laces is longer than the other one. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    That’s more like it Thomas / Gallen/ Adkins 
    And Roddy then. If he's been involved with the other signings then he's logically got to take his share of the credit for this one.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    AND that's turnstyle 6 sorted in the North Wezt quadrant!
    I hope a few more people make this joke, can't get enough of it...
    Yeh sorry 1990,  it is one of those that just goes around and around...
  • Options
    A great signing at this stage. I think this is a case of he'll be good for the club and the club will be equally as good for him. More of the same please! 
  • Options
    Solid signing especially with our lack of a proper 10. 4/5 more please and we’ll be ok.

Did anyone confirm if he’s been training with us for a few days?
  • Options
    Great signing for so many reasons. His old man must be made up! 
    I’m not sure how made up Rob Lee would be, he never comes across like a lot of our other ex players in reference to being with us. ( may just be his demeanour, but seems to mention more after us). If people know differently then I apologise for misreading him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    MrOneLung said:
    That’s more like it Thomas / Gallen/ Adkins 
    And Roddy then. If he's been involved with the other signings then he's logically got to take his share of the credit for this one.
    Yeah, didn’t leave out on purpose 
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    Not exactly a marquee signing or one which will make the rest of L1 shudder, but a sensible signing who fills a major gap in the squad
    I think that is slightly underestimating his ability... Championship side #10, with experience of this league as well as a hat full of goals and assists. I think its a quality signing and he should go straight into the team.

Not to mention the fact he is delighted to be here, family ties etc. etc. 

How tall is he? 
    Can he play in both half's? (Of the game and the pitch)
     1m 80 or 5' 11 just under.
    He looks more like 5'8 and if he's standing on the same level as Rob he is.
    Rob's 5'10 and Elliot is a couple of inches shorter in that photo.
  • Options
    Will most likely play more games & score more goals than his dad did at The Valley. 
    What an idiotic comment 
    I took it as a joke because his dad spent parts of his Charlton career playing away from the valley?
    Or a lack of knowledge during his time with  us
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Will most likely play more games & score more goals than his dad did at The Valley. 
    What an idiotic comment 
    I took it as a joke because his dad spent parts of his Charlton career playing away from the valley?
    Or a lack of knowledge during his time with  us
    I suspect that Golfie saw almost, if not all, if Roberts games at the Valley. 
  • Options
    What an idiotic comment 
    Yep. Played a lot at Selhurst 
  • Options
    He reminds me of a younger version of Michael Lonsdale (Anglo-French actor, Ronin and the baddie in Moonraker).
    I heard he had a good eye for goal too...
  • Options
    Think it's a good signing. Would like to think we might sign him on a permanent basis if he does well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone remember a flood lit game, against Bradford City I think, where Lee ended up on his hands and knees at the Holmesdale end (Sept /Oct 1985 ) searching the ground . A Bradford  player joined in and then others. They were looking for a contact lens apparently belonging to Lee.
    I couldn't recall the game, but yes I do remember Lee searching for a lens.
  • Options
    What an idiotic comment 
    Not quite.  Most of Rob Lee's Charlton career was at Sellout Park and Upton Park so it is quite feasible.
    Yeah you totally missed the point of my comment - Robert Lee was a teenager when we were at the Valley and he made his debut - shortly after we did of course move to Shithurst - to say his son will play more games and score more goals is a typically pathetic and negative comment from @golfaddick - if we had stayed at the Valley, Robert Lee’s appearances and goals would never be beaten by his son(s)

Robert Lee is - in my opinion - a very much overlooked Charlton legend
    Robert Lee was a favourite of mine, but surely Golfie's comment was pretty accurate (and a good quiz question in the future), rather than an attack on him?
    A pity the answer is already on this thread then 
  • Options
    What an idiotic comment 
    Not quite.  Most of Rob Lee's Charlton career was at Sellout Park and Upton Park so it is quite feasible.
    Yeah you totally missed the point of my comment - Robert Lee was a teenager when we were at the Valley and he made his debut - shortly after we did of course move to Shithurst - to say his son will play more games and score more goals is a typically pathetic and negative comment from @golfaddick - if we had stayed at the Valley, Robert Lee’s appearances and goals would never be beaten by his son(s)

Robert Lee is - in my opinion - a very much overlooked Charlton legend
    Robert Lee was a favourite of mine, but surely Golfie's comment was pretty accurate (and a good quiz question in the future), rather than an attack on him?
    You know very well how golfie behaves….
  • Options
    His dad played for us 
    his Dad played for uuuuusssssss
    not that he’d ever admit it
    his dad played for us 
    He’s better than Dad
    He’s better than Dad
    Elliott Lee is better than Dad
  • Options
    His dad played for us 
    his Dad played for uuuuusssssss