Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Options
    Enjoyed his 15 minutes. Thought he looked strong and didn’t expect the pace he has. Look forward to seeing what he can do over 90 minutes, but initially looks like a smart signing for us. 
    Clearly wasn’t match fit but showed some
    nice touches and movement. Saw enough in that period to see he will offer something in this division.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Will most likely play more games & score more goals than his dad did at The Valley. 
    What an idiotic comment 
    I could probably look it up but I dont thknk Robert Lee played much at the Valley. He scored the last goal there but as a sub so I'm thinking that might have been his breakthrough season. He left us before we went back, so although he played a lot of games & scored a lot of goals I'd stick my neck out to say probably a handful of games & 1 goal at THE VALLEY.
    Had a beer - whilst your negative comments are usual, poor spelling is not ??

Robert Lee scored more than 1 goal at The Valley - annoyingly my Home and Away book is in the loft - pretty sure he scored on his debut at The Valley 

My point is that your original comment was not needed - Robert Lee played lots of games and scored lots of goals for us at home games - sadly most at grounds that were not our ‘home’ - he was however a massive player for us and one of the key players that kept us in Div 1 way beyond what was thought possible 
    I'm a bit cheesed off with your digs at Golfie.

FYI, if his spelling is off, it's because he had an eye operation two days ago.

He doesn't want any sympathy but leave it out. He wasn't criticising Robert Lee. He probably saw and appreciated the player more than the average Lifer of equivalent age.
    Maybe, but he doesn't seem to remember many of his goals!

(hope the eye op has gone well and gives him a slightly more "rosy" view!)
  • Options
    Has he had the rose tint removed? 😉
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Has he had the rose tint removed? 😉
    Added, hopefully!
  • Options
    He reminded me of di canio funnily enough - not sure what his game is exactly but I like it - bags of talent there - and yes I know it was only 15 minutes but he is exactly what this team needs 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Stocky, strong, vision, controls midfield. Racking my brain for who he reminded me of. Then it came to me. Don’t laugh now. 

Luis Figo.
    I thought you were going to say Ralph Milne!
    ;-)
  • Options
    A really good first impression from Lee jr. Can see him doing really well AND lifting the game of others. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    could have sworn Rob was sat with Chris Parkes yesterday
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    could have sworn Rob was sat with Chris Parkes yesterday
    He prolly was,  our seats are next to the directors box
  • Options
    “We went 1-0 up, Charlton got a penalty and I think they ended up beating Luton 3-1. Ever since then I’ve really wanted to play for Charlton at The Valley. I feel like it is a proper football club and a proper stadium.”

My new fave player
  • Options
    he's got to make the line up first....
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    That's a first, Newcastle and Charlton legend Rob Lee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although the way we are going everybody is going to forget us..
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    League One Andy Reid. Excellent again today. Such a hard worker for an attacking player. Has that great quality of knowing what he wants to do with the ball before he receives it and once he gives it he wants it back again. Quick mind and feet and very willing to do the defensive running required of him. Really like him and I expect he’ll be getting amongst the goals again soon. 

What a pass to Washington as well. 
  • Options
    POTS frontrunner imo
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    POTS frontrunner imo
    Between Lee - Purrington - Dobson at the moment 

The latter probably gets my vote
  • Options
    Proper good player, seems that half a yard ahead in this league so wins a lot of the 50/50s etc by reading it.

Can see him starting to get on the scoresheet more with the runs he makes too.
  • Options
    Proper good player, seems that half a yard ahead in this league so wins a lot of the 50/50s etc by reading it.

Can see him starting to get on the scoresheet more with the runs he makes too.
    Yeah shame his injury time effort was so tame
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    POTS frontrunner imo
    Between Lee - Purrington - Dobson at the moment 

The latter probably gets my vote
    I’m throwing DJ into the mix too…