Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Elliot Lee - gone to Wrexham (p15)

Comments

• Technically good but not athletic enough

• Wouldn’t it be nice if they just felt able to say / explain what things went / go on. 
  • Liked him meself 
  • Hate to say it, but the way we’re going, could be playing Wrexham next season.
  • Gribbo said:
    Liked him meself 
    Cos he’s part of your good beard clan ! 
  • SDAddick said:
    I don't follow every twist and turn, but I hadn't heard it Sangaard's running of the club affecting the playing staff (apart from recruitment), just the non-playing staff. If it also affects the playing staff then that is...alarming, to say the least. 
    Precisely.

You are a professional footballer, the non-playing staff goings on should not be an issue if they are not interfering with you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Disagree, it's a workplace atmosphere thing. Footballers aren't gods just normal employees. 
    Agree.

EVERYTHING around & about our club is toxic at this moment in time. 

Why would the players be immune from being affected ? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:
    I don't follow every twist and turn, but I hadn't heard it Sangaard's running of the club affecting the playing staff (apart from recruitment), just the non-playing staff. If it also affects the playing staff then that is...alarming, to say the least. 
    We are so close to the "end of Rome" I don't think it matters if I say this now.

The problems started a couple of months after the takeover.  Bowyer, Adkins, Jackson and Garner all hinted at it.

The lack of discipline and players not doing what they were told.  It all comes from people (Thomas firstly, then mainly Martin) undermining the manager, slagging players off to others, telling players they should be playing when they weren't etc etc.
    That explains a lot. But for me, that makes things far worse than what I've seen to this point. 
  • Given the Martin - Washington - Jackson fiasco it's not hard to imagine other cases of club  and playing staff altercations. 

Gotta make use of that training gear.
  • Hang on, I thought it was his dad who was a turnstile at The Valley, turns out it was his grandfather also.
  • Hang on, I thought it was his dad who was a turnstile at The Valley, turns out it was his grandfather also.
    And didn't Elliott have a go himself the second half of last season to keep up the family tradition. He certainly disappeared somewhere whilst he was still on the pay roll...
  • ct_addick said:
    Technically good but not athletic enough

He started well and the early days of the Gilbey, Dobbo, Lee midfield were quite good . Jacks couldn’t legislate for the outer 2 losing the plot 
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    That's an Elliot Lee cross. 
    Must be. And if it wasn't an attempted cross, then it would have been a poor decision considering their striker was free at the back post.
  • The contract was there for him. He just managed to play himself out of it somehow. He fell behind Albie in the pecking order, partly as he couldn't beat the first man on fks and corners. 
  • I think he’s a lot better than the national league but then most Wrexham players are 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I think he’s a lot better than the national league but then most Wrexham players are 
    I don't think there is a massive difference between the bottom half of league 1 and the top 5 or 6 teams in the conference.  You don't seem to get clubs yo-yoing like Norwich and Fulham or Rotherham and Barnsley between league 1, 2 and the national league.

It's only Forest Green, I think, that were promoted and in the relegation zone or relegated and in the promotion places.
  • Have seen he's reportedly on 6k a week, good money.
  • Thats a sensible observation as well, you could probably swap out the whole bottom half of league 2 for the top half of the national league as so many of them are on the up, have money behind them and aren't carrying the overheads of a bigger or older stadium whilst also being fully professional. They are growing at a sustainable rate whereas tons of clubs in league 2 are properly struggling