Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    I had high hopes for him, it only led to disappointment. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    SDAddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Scoham said:
    Holden’s comments here make me think of Lavelle.

Not that he didn’t put the effort in because I think he did, but handling that step up in expectations and continuing to improve as a player. That might be the biggest difference between Lavelle and someone like Lockyer who did well in the Championship and has continued to progress.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-holden-really-comfortable-with-transfer-window-state-of-play-for-addicks/

We need to make sure we not only bring the right quality of player in but also the right mentality as well.
    With Lavelle I don't think it comes down to mentality, but ability. 
    Agreed, I just don't think he's quick enough, good enough in the air, or reads the game well enough. He's poor on the ball. 
    I also agree. It's a struggle to pick out any real strengths in his game. I can't wrap my head around the fact Gallen said he watched him multiple times before signing him.
    Probably because Gallen was telling porkies, unless you can see the pitch at Morecambe from the west stand.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Pleased for Sam and for Cafc in Lavelle's move to Carlisle. 
    Mitchell and Deji can be options along with the 3 senior CB in Thomas, Hector and Jones.

Good luck to Sam in 44 matches next season. 
    Ness too. Just a shame we don’t have any left footers, especially if we’re playing 3 CBs.
    Isn’t TT left footed?
  • Options
    Phew.  Nice guy, but a defender with no physical attributes . 
  • Options
    Decent guy. Not up to it for the level we aspire to. Best of luck to him at Carlisle. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Mitchell and Deji can be options along with the 3 senior CB in Thomas, Hector and Jones.

Ness too. Just a shame we don’t have any left footers, especially if we’re playing 3 CBs.
    Isn’t TT left footed?
    I think he's actually right footed, but can control and use both.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Isn’t TT left footed?
    No, he’s just comfortable on the ball and with using either foot.
  • Options
    Unless I missed it, there's no mention of a fee being paid. I'm assuming there wasn't one?
  • Options
    Unless I missed it, there's no mention of a fee being paid. I'm assuming there wasn't one?
    Yeah Cawley confirmed no fees for Lavelle and Wollacott.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    No surprise regarding Lavelle, but shocked we didn't ask a fee for Wallacott  :o
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    But I bet there future fees percentage 
  • Options
    I assume that the transfers (for Wollacott and Lavelle) came with clauses meaning we'll get something if and when they get traded on. 

• Options
    I read (somewhere) we got a fee for Wallacott. Bur nothing official.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    That's bonkers that we didn't get anything for Wollacott. I think he could have been first choice for us this season. I understand if he views the Scottish top flight as a step up both in terms of playing level and wages, but I don't get how we wouldn't get something for him. I don't expect something massive, but I expect something. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    That's bonkers that we didn't get anything for Wollacott. I think he could have been first choice for us this season. I understand if he views the Scottish top flight as a step up both in terms of playing level and wages, but I don't get how we wouldn't get something for him. I don't expect something massive, but I expect something. 
    The official site I note says ‘undisclosed terms’ as opposed to ‘undisclosed fee’. Maybe a fee is payable after a set number of games, maybe a fee depending on games played or final league position, or maybe just a sell on percentage but agree it’s bonkers we didn’t even get say 50k. Likewise Lavelle must have been worth a small fee.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    What would we have done if they refused to pay the fee? 

Ok well keep an unhappy keeper on good wages as our backup 

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    What would we have done if they refused to pay the fee? 

Ok well keep an unhappy keeper on good wages as our backup 

I see that he has gone to Hibs as a back up to their No. 1, seems a strange move as can't imagine he's going to be on mega wages.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RedChaser said:
    I guess £0 can be an undisclosed fee
    Err no it can’t, a fee is an exchange of cash even if it’s a penny. Check out the dictionary definition Gaza and all you lolers 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tried his best but was so slow .

That sums up Sam Lavelle.

• Options
    A post on Sam Lavelle might reach 1k. I don't think the bookies ever gave odds on such an action!
  • Options
    I liked him and felt he gave his all. I am pleased that he had the Brighton penalty winner as a highlight of his time with us.

In career terms he is back where he started.

Although a different club he has the opportunity to establish a newly promoted team in League One.
  • Options
    Expect we did get small fees for Lavelle & Wollacott but prefer to say we didn’t to help us with negotiations for other players.

If people/clubs know you have money they want it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Expect we did get small fees for Lavelle & Wollacott but prefer to say we didn’t to help us with negotiations for other players.

I think you’re being hopeful. It’s not as easy as people think to get players with contracts off of books, and very few fees pass in lower division transfers. May be a case of the new club taking on a future scheduled payment from the releasing club, but I doubt a purchase fee featured in either of these.
  • Options

I think you’re being hopeful. It’s not as easy as people think to get players with contracts off of books, and very few fees pass in lower division transfers. May be a case of the new club taking on a future scheduled payment from the releasing club, but I doubt a purchase fee featured in either of these.
    The summer window, especially in the early stages, is difficult to sell for a fee at our level. Realistically, a club like Carlisle would look at free agents and loans. So even if we wanted a minor fee, like 50k, they could go explore other options and it leaves us stuck with a player we don't want and continuing to pay his wages.  
  • Options
    https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/24174511.carlisle-united-boss-sam-lavelle-charlton-defeat/

He got away with so many fouls (pulling/pushing/dragging) that would have been given for us! Looked to be carrying a few pints on Cumbrian Ale in him.