Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    Good 
    Pony 
  • Options
    Burton get a new penalty taker
  • Options
    Even in the last picture he's not kicking the ball properly - yet he's a professional footballer. Just!......
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Lavelle’s a gormless donkey was he loaned to Burton to fill up one relegation space?
    We’re left with no experienced CH of any quality 
    Ness is 20 with barely half a season under his belt
    Inniss is a big thick disaster in waiting when he’s even fit 
    After that there’s just kids or utility man Clare
    The new bloke Hector basically hasn’t played for 2 years 
    If Holden is wearing this bullshit he must be in on the con or he’s unemployable for reasons as yet unknown He’s had his squad disassembled the minute he got close to getting a tune out of it No manager with a grain of self respect puts up with that shit
    None of this is good and the trajectory from here is sharply down
    Holden is a nobody, of course he's going to suffer this s***.
  • Options
    Must be a positive thing towards my Burton to be relegated bet. Biggest disappointment it wasn’t a perm deal. Have to try and shift him to Burton for a long term deal.
  • Options
    Thomas is better, just hope he stays fit...
  • Options
    When does his contract run out here ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really don't like being too harsh about our players but he really was the worst we've had in a long time. I felt worse for him every time he played. He started ok, got an injury and came back looking like a man who'd forgotten the basics of his job. He was never a ball-player but he started losing headers, getting out-muscled, he couldn't turn, he switched off in the second phase and he didn't even seem to like getting out to close down attackers so they had all the time they wanted to pick their spot. He was a total liability and when Garner dropped him for a 17 year old you couldn't even blame him. And it worked, we defended better. He's a player where I honestly felt I would take literally anyone ahead of him, certainly on his form for us. Hope he rediscovers himself at Burton.
    Yep. He didn't challenge attackers for the ball, he let them receive it, he let them turn, he let them shoot. Awful player
  • Options
    Totally agree. Weirdly passive defender. No real strengths to his game. Awful signing. 
  • Options
    I think his goals glossed over how bad he was at defending. Made it appear he'd at least be useful in the other box. A bit like a reverse version of Stockley, crediting his defensive abilities.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    You have to feel sorry for Burton fans - already in the relegation zone and they’ll now have MacGillivray in goal, Lavelle and Oshilaja in front of him + Kirk on the wing. Putrid.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Was a last minute panic buy, when we signed him, lost out on our preferred signing.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Redhenry said:
    Was a last minute panic buy, when we signed him, lost out on our preferred signing.
    I'm not sure that's quite right, at least it's not how I remember it... I believe Lavelle said he was sat in a hotel room, about to come over to sign his contract with us, when his agent called him and said we'd heard that Kerr was available and were trying to go for him instead. So Lavelle had to sit there and wait to see if that panned out. When Kerr went somewhere else, we went back to Lavelle. I remember thinking football is a bloody brutal game. 

Obviously that makes it even worse, because he's someone we really wanted. I remember listening to a Steve Gallen interview where he talked about going to watch Sam a number of times, to make sure he was the right kind of player. Just shocking. 

• Options
    Was told by a mate at the time, "Lavelle? weird signing that"
  • Options
    Still remember the bloody Cheltenham game at home. His debut. From kickoff, the ball was passed back to our new ball playing centre-half, who launched the ball into touch as if playing Rugby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    arny23394 said:
    You have to feel sorry for Burton fans - already in the relegation zone and they’ll now have MacGillivray in goal, Lavelle and Oshilaja in front of him + Kirk on the wing. Putrid.
    It does seem unusually cruel
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Maybe he does work hard but he's just not very good.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Yer playing golf up birchwood on Saturdays when first team are at home and your not even injured.😂
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Don't underestimate the mental and psychological factors that dictate every player's performance.

Players droop! 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    didn't the defender we wanted get signed by Wigan?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    didn't the defender we wanted get signed by Wigan?
    Yes Jason Kerr
  • Options
    cazo said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Yer playing golf up birchwood on Saturdays when first team are at home and your not even injured.😂
    If he wasn't in the squad, why not?