Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately he's a very poor player and O'Connell is no better. 
    Other than needing a striker who suits Garners system a new centre half is our top priority. 
    I cannot see us reaching the playoffs with these two as regular starters.
  • Options
    Other than needing a striker who suits Garners system a new centre half is our top priority. 
    Not sure what you’ve been watching this season 
    Shit centre half partnerships mainly.
  • Options
    Not completely unfair but O’Connell has been the best, miles ahead of Lavelle 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Not completely unfair but O’Connell has been the best, miles ahead of Lavelle 
    Fair enough. 
    The point I was trying to make is that I don't think any of our centre halfs are good enough for a promotion push. 
    The amount of goals we have conceded this season is ridiculous and a high % of those have been down to our centre halfs. 
    Inniss,Lavelle and O'Connell are all very poor imo. 
  • Options
    thecat said:
    Last year after his 2 injuries it took him a while to get to his best, then he was good. Maybe he is one of those players who needs a good run of games......
    Yet didn't play for the u21s despite being fit and not in the match day 18 recently....
  • Options
    Inniss/O'Connell was turning into a fantastic partnership before it was taken away
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Probably one of his biggest weaknesses is that he isn’t entirely comfortable with the ball, and the way we play, our centre backs see quite a bit of it.

The other issue, across our whole team but unfortunately Lavelle highlighted yesterday was the lack of urgency and aggression and how it turns into naivety. Steve Brown is completely right, and it’s that which will hinder us throughout the season.

O’Connell looks a better player because he’s far better on the ball and looks more mobile. Defensively though, he’s not that great. We certainly need another centre back in January.

You can’t concede the amount we do and expect to get top 6. It simply won’t happen.

7 times in 18 games we have conceded 2 or more. 4 of those we have conceded 3 or more. You can’t keep doing that and think you can be getting results.

We need another striker, 100%, but we also need another defender too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Leuth said:
    Inniss/O'Connell was turning into a fantastic partnership before it was taken away
    It was also flawed for large parts of the season because we didn't have another option other than Sessegnon at Left-Back. 

So when Clayden played there, it left O'Connell twice as much to do, and more exposed as a result of that. 
  • Options
    Morecambe is exactly his level unfortunately. I was willing to give him time after the injuries but whether his confidence has been destroyed or he’s simply not a very good player, we need better in January.
  • Options
    I still think Inniss is good enough when got , O connell is ok too, lavelle no good and we need one more for sure 
  • Options
    Laville was the best of the back 4 yesterday .. Inniss was our muscled and bullied by their number 14 which put pressure in Laville and he defended pretty well 
    Good grief 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Probably one of his biggest weaknesses is that he isn’t entirely comfortable with the ball, and the way we play, our centre backs see quite a bit of it.

The other issue, across our whole team but unfortunately Lavelle highlighted yesterday was the lack of urgency and aggression and how it turns into naivety. Steve Brown is completely right, and it’s that which will hinder us throughout the season.

O’Connell looks a better player because he’s far better on the ball and looks more mobile. Defensively though, he’s not that great. We certainly need another centre back in January.

You can’t concede the amount we do and expect to get top 6. It simply won’t happen.

7 times in 18 games we have conceded 2 or more. 4 of those we have conceded 3 or more. You can’t keep doing that and think you can be getting results.

We need another striker, 100%, but we also need another defender too. 
    And that’s with O’Connell and Inniss.  O’Connell was getting stronger before his injury and I think he was doing okay given he’s a right footer playing on the left side of centre back, but as you’ve pointed out, we’ve conceded a lot of goals.  

Inniss has done well to dodge injuries this season, but we’ve seen the other fault in his game continue to be a problem with 2 sending offs.  

Overall @blackpool72 nails it when he said that none of our partnerships are good enough for promotion 
  • Options
    would like to see Deji get a start
  • Options
    How long is Thomas out? Is he always injury prone or just unlucky recently.
  • Options
    How long is Thomas out? Is he always injury prone or just unlucky recently.
    Don't know the serious answer but the fact he has become a Charlton player guarantees that he is injury prone. Lavelle didn't get injured before joining Charlton then picked up two bad ones.
  • Options
    Lavelle is the tall non-physical lump you dream of playing against.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agent McKeeper doing his job.

Burton Athletic.

• Options
    Of course, Charlie Kirk and Sam Lavelle are good mates.

• Options
    Surely we aren’t shifting lavelle and eoc?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    If we get a fee for Lavelle the salesman needs a promotion.
  • Options

Got his replacement lined up 

• Options
    Good, never been good enough.
  • Options
    Confirmed