Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Energy Bills

Comments

• Options
    This, along with EVERYTHING Shamdiq Khan't is up to, plus the skims the banks are taking, has just become too much.  The mug-offery of this nation's people is a total joke, and we're a laughing stock of a nation.
  • Options
    Energy pricing cap here in Spain has meant our bills have barely gone up at all in last couple of years and extremely grateful for that especially as have to have air conditioning on quite a lot in the summer.
  • Options

Annual energy bills for a typical household are expected to fall slightly to £1,926 from October, according to a new forecast.

Consultancy firm Cornwall Insight predicts bills could drop by £148 under a new official price cap set to be announced by Ofgem next week.

In a statement, Cornwall Insight said that the slow reduction of bills along with the "volatility" associated with the energy price cap might mean more customers look to going back to a fixed tariff for their gas and electricity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66542340

• Options
    BG announced a 889% rise in profit, criminal.
    Yep and we have a government more than happy to watch and do nothing while everyone is worried how to keep warm this winter. They are incompetent in the extreme, couldn’t care less or are happy to see the rich get richer and everyone else put on a jumper. It’s scandalous absolutely scandalous.
    It's very much not incompetence, getting rich mates richer is going extremely. 
  • Options
    Davey said:
    This, along with EVERYTHING Shamdiq Khan't is up to, plus the skims the banks are taking, has just become too much.  The mug-offery of this nation's people is a total joke, and we're a laughing stock of a nation.
    I'm staggered that there hasn't been rioting, can anyone imagine the French sitting back and letting this happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I fixed my energy for 12 months with Octopus energy, they reckon it will save me £28 a month.

I know I could have taken a risk and left it till October / later, but just wanted to know exactly how much I’d pay, rather than it going up and down all the time.
  • Options
    What prices did you fix at?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The prediction is that the cap will reduce by a small Amount in October. I think it’s then likely to go back up in January. My fixed deal ends at the end of August so I’m at a crossroads in deciding to fix now or wait until October. Surely the prices can’t stay as high as they are now indefinitely?
    also. Why’s fuel at the pumps going up again ? 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    What prices did you fix at?
    Electricity - 29.29p per KWH
    Standing charge - 36.54p

Gas - 7.05 per KWH
    Standing charge - 27.47p

Gas was the biggest decrease from memory, a lot of stuff was the same, I think has had gone down 0.5p not much but over a year it adds up.

It does have a £75 early exit fee for gas and the same for Electric, even if I change tariff during the year, I guess it will have to fall a lot to make it pay to take the hit on paying that.
  • Options
    Doesn’t Martin Lewis suggest not fixing yet as the cap will come down (October?) and you are fixing at the higher rate now ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Doesn’t Martin Lewis suggest not fixing yet as the cap will come down (October?) and you are fixing at the higher rate now ? 

The forecasts are that the cap is unlikely to fluctuate by more than £100 here and there for the rest of this decade. I would wait until October and then fix.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He’s probably right, but the last time I paid attention to him on energy bills, I didn’t fix, war broke out in Ukraine, my energy bills doubled and I’d have wanted to go on a fixed rate deal, it would have doubled again!
  • Options
    I think anyone coming off of a fixed rate deal soon, is in for a big shock.
  • Options
    Energy prices - they shoot up like a rocket and flutter down like a feather.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I think anyone coming off of a fixed rate deal soon, is in for a big shock.
    We were shocked just how much it has gone up after our fix came to an end on 30th June. We're finding that our daily spend since then, is about the same as it was last winter, when we had the heating on. Not looking forward to the bills for the coming winter. 
  • Options
    The prediction is that the cap will reduce by a small Amount in October. I think it’s then likely to go back up in January. My fixed deal ends at the end of August so I’m at a crossroads in deciding to fix now or wait until October. Surely the prices can’t stay as high as they are now indefinitely?
    also. Why’s fuel at the pumps going up again ? 
    Agree, why is fuel increasing again. Heating oil has risen by 20p a litre in the last six months too. What is driving this?
  • Options
    Given that at the end of August I need to stick or twist I have been doing price comparisons on my energy and quite honestly there’s not a fag paper between any of them. I’m going to stay on variable tariff for September and then fix in October. Currently with Shell Energy. I thought there might be a saving to be made by switching but it seems not.
  • Options
    Given that at the end of August I need to stick or twist I have been doing price comparisons on my energy and quite honestly there’s not a fag paper between any of them. I’m going to stay on variable tariff for September and then fix in October. Currently with Shell Energy. I thought there might be a saving to be made by switching but it seems not.
    EDF recently offered us a fixed deal, but it was slightly more expensive than the variable tariff, so have decided to wait until the Autumn.

• Options
    EDF recently offered us a fixed deal, but it was slightly more expensive than the variable tariff, so have decided to wait until the Autumn.

^^^ same for us with British Gas 
  • Options
    Might be because all the cheaper companies have gone bust?
  • Options
    It’s very difficult to know exactly the best course of action. 

• Options
    E.D.F have written to say my Electric Meter needs changing because of R.T.S.My meter does not have R.T.S.They only  want to change it so they can fit a Smart Meter which
     iam not going to have.
    About 2,530,000 results (0.37 seconds) 
    Smart meters are not compulsory. You are perfectly within your legal rights to refuse your provider's offer or insistence to install one. This is unless, as Eon claims in your case, your current meter is about to become obsolete and cannot be repaired or replaced with another traditional one.12 Jul 2023.

• Options
    I find people that don't like smart meters sweet in an incredibly patronising way. I threatened to go to the energy ombudsman if mine wasn't upgraded from a SMETS1 to SMETS2, and won. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I find people that don't like smart meters sweet in an incredibly patronising way. I threatened to go to the energy ombudsman if mine wasn't upgraded from a SMETS1 to SMETS2, and won. 
    Agree. It’s such a convenience and having the customer display is a real help.