Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Steak .......Advice please

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Re-igniting this great thread. 

Mrs birthday coming up, both steak lovers so thought I would take her for a steak up in London.

Where would people recommend? Looking for the best London can offer in terms of quality steak.

Not looking to go to STK, Gaucho or Hawksmoor just as we have been there in the last 12 months. I am leaning towards Goodman's unless anybody can convince me otherwise and there is a hidden gem out there :)
    High Timber is worth a visit if you want to try somewhere new
  • Options
    kakaka said:
    OK so I've read through this thread and my input.
    The wife and I went to Gaucho's in the O2  for an anniversary meal a couple of years ago, I'm not an expert in steak because I don't often eat red meat.
    We had a couple of cocktails which were excellent then got shown to our table, whilst we were waiting to be served  there was a couple at the next table and he was not happy saying 'no mate that's the second steak I've tried and I just want a steak that doesn't taste like a mouthful of salt' Just get me the bill and I thought 'fussy sod'.
    So, our waiter came over with the cuts of choice and I think we both ordered sirloin or whatever.
    When the meal came out the steak was very very salty (and I actually love salt) but this was overpowering.
    We didn't say anything because didn't want to make a fuss but to be honest if I had a choice to have that meal again or go to a Berni inn or such I would choose the later.
    The whole experience was good except for the food!
    As it’s a restaurant that’s a bit like saying “everything about our starting line up is good except for the players”
  • Options
    Blimey. People have home pizza ovens. Never knew they were a thing ( tho I am not a pizza fan
    steaks look really delicious though. 
    Sorry, what?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Proper dad joke