Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• Options
    Why are these protesters always gammons?
    Its clear there is a lack of D&I in this group. Studies have shown that groups with D&I at their core deliver better results and this is clearly a case in point.
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Rothko said:
    Oh no people were delayed again, lucky the planet is all fine and dandy 
    But some bloke missed his hair replacement appointment, mate. It was in The Telegraph.
    Ah, down to researching the sublime now rather than focussing on commenting on the response to the issues you raised and a quick couple of Google searches.

I've tried to provide clear and simple practicalities that have answered your queries in the real World.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Addickted said:
    Rothko said:
    Laughable.

Have you actually read this thread?
    Yeah, and there are some good points in here surrounded by people who want blood spilt and think a little delay is more important than the climate emergency and so what is your point then? 
    Nobody is saying they want blood spilt, the video clip outside the palace clearly shows they can be moved with very little force, as does today’s action on the M25. Clearly you have not read the thread 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Oh no people missed their chemo appointments again, lucky the planet is all fine and dandy 
    Edited for you Rothers
    Cool Daily Mail trope, well done you 
    Classy as always Rothko me ole chum
  • Options
    What a shame there isn't a steam roller in those queue's

just causing a nuisance to people who can’t do much - I understand this is about insulating homes - but let’s be honest these people would turn up to the opening of a vegetable crisp packet if it meant they can cause issues - morons need a good kicking. 

literally run the fuckers over, the old bill will steam in on most scenarios but not when these poxy tree huggers are involved - drag them off the road and cuff them.

the ones the other day that blocked the M25 for 4 hours, how on earth are they allowed to get away with that.
    Couldn’t agree more. They should be treated like the average football fan, they would soon move on then.

The thread is riddled with it. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:

just causing a nuisance to people who can’t do much - I understand this is about insulating homes - but let’s be honest these people would turn up to the opening of a vegetable crisp packet if it meant they can cause issues - morons need a good kicking. 

literally run the fuckers over, the old bill will steam in on most scenarios but not when these poxy tree huggers are involved - drag them off the road and cuff them.

the ones the other day that blocked the M25 for 4 hours, how on earth are they allowed to get away with that.
    Couldn’t agree more. They should be treated like the average football fan, they would soon move on then.

Fortunately I don’t give a toss about your opinion and neither you mine, so all fine and dandy 
  • Options
    Nope. Don't see the demand for blood spilling in those.

And steam rollers are illegal on a motorway.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Addickted said:
    Rothko said:
    Laughable.

Yeah, and there are some good points in here surrounded by people who want blood spilt and think a little delay is more important than the climate emergency and so what is your point then? 
    Nobody is saying they want blood spilt, the video clip outside the palace clearly shows they can be moved with very little force, as does today’s action on the M25. Clearly you have not read the thread 

“Morons need a good kicking”

“Run the fuckers over”

And that was just page 1, clearly you have not read the thread.

• Options
    Is the soap approach acceptable? Non-violent means and very effective.
  • Options
    I suspect that lot today only use Molton Brown
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Are they allowed on a A road as the road up to and including the bridge/tunnel in Dartford is the A282 (i think someone on here mentioned that this is because it then doesn't have to meet regulated pollution levels like a motorway does) 
  • Options
    get the water cannons out
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Fortunately I don’t give a toss about your opinion and neither you mine, so all fine and dandy 
    clearly, that you've come on here within a couple of minutes of my post, and wrote that, but keep on keeping on
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Are they allowed on a A road as the road up to and including the bridge/tunnel in Dartford is the A282 (i think someone on here mentioned that this is because it then doesn't have to meet regulated pollution levels like a motorway does) 
    That was me, and in fact the protestors at Dartford were on the roundabout above the tunnel approach road, so not on the ‘motorway’ at all

If they really wanted to cause chaos, then around 4pm today at the Dartford Tunnel will do the trick, as it’s usually bad on a Friday afternoon around here anyway in terms of traffic

I’m just off to buy a steamroller….
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

clearly, that you've come on here within a couple of minutes of my post, and wrote that, but keep on keeping on
    You’ve simply come on here to stir it up then cry victim. I will if I want to really no bother to me. 
  • Options
    They are only legal when using on Catholics in NI.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

You’ve simply come on here to stir it up then cry victim. I will if I want to really no bother to me. 
    No victimhood here, I’m not the one whining to crowd here 
  • Options
    Have a look at ross kemp in Northern Ireland the shank hill Protestant boys flute band get a good pasting off of them also 
  • Options
    Have a look at ross kemp in Northern Ireland the shank hill Protestant boys flute band get a good pasting off of them also 
    Not surprised, can't stand a flute band.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    thing is @Rothko i and others know that climate change is a issue that should/has to be dealt with. 

However these protesters are causing a disservice to the cause. All they seem to do with these type of protests is cause division amongst the 'common man'. The reaction of some on this thread and in the outer world shows this. Yes we can all do our part in tackling climate change as individuals but the real menace is the governments, countries and companies that cause alot of the pollution. All these protests do is yes attract attention but for the wrong reasons. 

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Addickted said:
    Rothko said:
    Laughable.

“Run the fuckers over”

Okay you can have that one.  

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Addickted said:
    Rothko said:
    Laughable.

“Run the fuckers over”

Okay you can have that one.  

Dignified response, well played East stand, and I hope I didn’t come across rude, sarcasm was my intention.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    rananegra said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Just for clarity as some people seem confused by the objectives of the protesters:

WE DEMAND 

That the UK government immediately promises to fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025;

That the UK government immediately promises to produce within four months a legally binding national plan to fully fund and take responsibility for the full low-energy and low-carbon whole-house retrofit , with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030 as part of a just transition to full decarbonisation of all parts of society and the economy.

Ah so they want insulation done in "social housing"

So all the job dodging, benefit claiming protesters yesterday can get their council gaff all warm and toasty for free. 
    Can we establish whether the protestors are middle class hippie drop-outs or scumbags on dole? I can't really tell from this thread, may be they're both?

(The police's hands' off reaction make it clear even if not everyone here can see it)
    I'll profile them for you if you want -

- Retired teachers, reliving their militant student days, but because they've never lived in the real world (school - Uni - back to school again), they don't realise that quite a lot if other people don't get paid if they're late / don't turn up for work and can even lose their job over it. 

- She does reiki and yoga.

- He's started a little plot in the garden, but because that's something else he knows f*** all about, all the produce has gone or died by mid May, so they're back to buying bio from their local Waitrose.

- They've got a Buddha stature in the corner of the garden. They tell everyone it's carved in special stone, but it's cast in not-so- eco concrete and they got it from Whelans down Sheerness for a fiver.

- Dream catchers in the garden.

- Gaff stinks of joss sticks

- Jeremy Vine blaring out every morning.

- They've got a holiday home in France or Italy. 

- They inherited shed loads from the sale of their parents property in Lewes and look for the best schemes that give the best returns when investing, even though their anti Capitalists.

- They all definitely go Glastonbury. 
    You've gone and written an entire Half Man Half Biscuit song, kudos
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Gribbo said:
    rananegra said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Just for clarity as some people seem confused by the objectives of the protesters:

WE DEMAND 

That the UK government immediately promises to fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025;

That the UK government immediately promises to produce within four months a legally binding national plan to fully fund and take responsibility for the full low-energy and low-carbon whole-house retrofit , with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030 as part of a just transition to full decarbonisation of all parts of society and the economy.

Ah so they want insulation done in "social housing"

So all the job dodging, benefit claiming protesters yesterday can get their council gaff all warm and toasty for free. 
    Can we establish whether the protestors are middle class hippie drop-outs or scumbags on dole? I can't really tell from this thread, may be they're both?

(The police's hands' off reaction make it clear even if not everyone here can see it)
    I'll profile them for you if you want -

- Retired teachers, reliving their militant student days, but because they've never lived in the real world (school - Uni - back to school again), they don't realise that quite a lot if other people don't get paid if they're late / don't turn up for work and can even lose their job over it. 

- She does reiki and yoga.

- He's started a little plot in the garden, but because that's something else he knows f*** all about, all the produce has gone or died by mid May, so they're back to buying bio from their local Waitrose.

- They've got a Buddha stature in the corner of the garden. They tell everyone it's carved in special stone, but it's cast in not-so- eco concrete and they got it from Whelans down Sheerness for a fiver.

- Dream catchers in the garden.

- Gaff stinks of joss sticks

- Jeremy Vine blaring out every morning.

- They've got a holiday home in France or Italy. 

- They inherited shed loads from the sale of their parents property in Lewes and look for the best schemes that give the best returns when investing, even though their anti Capitalists.

- They all definitely go Glastonbury. 
    You've gone and written an entire Half Man Half Biscuit song, kudos
    Fuckin' 'ell - It's Fred Titmus!
  • Options
    Far from it, it’s very believable, par for the course in UK now. 

Whilst other countries would have hosed the fuckers off the road and got the traffic moving we hold their hands.

Why do you think thousands are crossing the channel in rubber boats, we welcome them with open arms and a nice warm cuppa.
    Crossing the channel from where? From France? Where we had roads blocked for months with no action taken? You had one day of inconvenience. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!