Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 21st September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    this ain't looking good VFRfor life - might be worth clarifying whether this is your guess or info you have received otherwise, whether u r right or wrong, u r not going to look good  
    It’s the correct team sheet. That’s what will start tomorrow.
    Really?

You and @VFR4life could fairly be accused of being traitors to the club then, couldn't you?

Indeed - but I don’t believe them 
    One pound to ten says it was right, or leaked as right, at the time it was leaked. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    this ain't looking good VFRfor life - might be worth clarifying whether this is your guess or info you have received otherwise, whether u r right or wrong, u r not going to look good  
    Really?

You and @VFR4life could fairly be accused of being traitors to the club then, couldn't you?

VFR got it spot on an hour before the team got announced on Saturday.

Dont have issue with those two so much - Its more the person @ the club thats a bit of a concern
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Really?

Dont have issue with those two so much - Its more the person @ the club thats a bit of a concern
    Ok - but I do agree with @jimmymelrose - if I had that info, I wouldn’t plaster it all over a fans forum - I would keep quiet

In fact I would be contacting the Club and telling them they have problem

Or maybe it’s a double bluff !!!
  • Options
    Lee to turn it on for the Addicks 3-0
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Really?

Furthermore - if true, that’s the 2nd match in a row the team has been ‘leaked’ before it should have been, by the same person - only this time it’s given the oppo even longer to make their own plans - yes, the ‘mole’ is an issue, but so is this poster

F’ing ridiculous
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Really?

Ok - but I do agree with @jimmymelrose - if I had that info, I wouldn’t plaster it all over a fans forum - I would keep quiet

Genuinely if Gillingham read this forum, I don't think they'll be changing their side cause we've changed some personnel around.   THAT side will not be able to do a lot apart from lump it long if Watson and Albie are playing central midfield.

Different players, same tactics.   We just have a more mobile, but much worse center forward.

Rinse and repeat.

IF the line up is being leaked, it is better to expose the leak is happening and that our manager is actually dropping our captain and top goalscorer because people keep passing to him.   I mean fcuk me sideways....
  • Options
    The proof will be in the pudding when the team is announced tonight.

If it's correct, isn't it fair to say that the Lifers making these posts should be grilled by admin with a view to suspending their accounts and / or unearthing the worm at source?

We simply cannot, as Charlton fans, tolerate anyone posting team line ups on social media.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Just disappointing if anything.

If the person within the club is happy to leak the team news, then what info could they put out there next?

Hopefully the fact that its been posted on here means that people that post on here who work with / for the club can pass it back to the powers that matter so a proper internal investigation can be carried out, if they're bothered.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Really?

Genuinely if Gillingham read this forum, I don't think they'll be changing their side cause we've changed some personnel around.   THAT side will not be able to do a lot apart from lump it long if Watson and Albie are playing central midfield.

Different players, same tactics.   We just have a more mobile, but much worse center forward.

Rinse and repeat.

IF the line up is being leaked, it is better to expose the leak is happening and that our manager is actually dropping our captain and top goalscorer because people keep passing to him.   I mean fcuk me sideways....
    Inclined to agree with you re the way we will play, but this leaking of line ups is appalling (if it’s actually happening)
  • Options
    Some people getting a bit sanctimonious 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not comfortable with line-ups being leaked to be honest. It's undermining for someone who's already struggling and it doesn't exactly help the team having out out there, does it?
    If it's accurate though it does worry me. Not just because of the personnel but more because it's smacking a bit of the latter Bowyer months of wholesale changes every time things don't go well in a match and hoping this one is the magic line-up. I get some of the changes to an extent; Souare is never playing Saturday-Tuesday considering how little football he's had recently and Arter probably needs more bedding-in time as well. That I get. CBT did well the other day, but I'm not sure what the benefit is in dropping Dobson, who is young, previously proven in L1 and likely needing some time and trust to return to the level he's shown before, and replacing him with 36 year old Ben Watson. Dropping Stockley but replacing him with Davison in this line-up will probably not change a lot given the rest of what's there. We'll still panic and lump it up there onto a big lad. I don't think Stockley has done a lot wrong except be tall, so if you're going to take him out and still play in this disjointed way it just seems like a bit of a kick for him more than anything elses, as much as I genuinely do think Davison will work his arse off and bring a lot. We'll have to see what the shape is, but I suspect a 4-2-3-1, so a lot will have to have changed in our approach play if we're expecting things to be very different
  • Options
    Surely a "youth team player"would not know the starting lineup 2 days before a game?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Seriously ?

If you think it’s fine for people to post what is secret info (up until it has to be delivered to referee’s room / made public), I’m afraid I disagree, and find your position odd in the extreme 
  • Options
    Anyone got any parking suggestions?? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Seriously ?

If you think it’s fine for people to post what is secret info (up until it has to be delivered to referee’s room / made public), I’m afraid I disagree, and find your position odd in the extreme 
    I never said it was “fine”, you put those words in my mouth/keyboard. Just calm down a bit. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

On Charlton Life? 

See the source image
  • Options
    TomNight said:
    try to look like a local by sticking a screwdriver in the ignition and hold the boot down by a piece of string.

In all seriousness, I parked in Ingram Road last time, but think I got lucky. Can always prebook the station if you want something guaranteed. 
  • Options
    Nigel to swallow his pride and go 442.

1-1 with another penalty miss.
  • Options
    TomNight said:
    try to look like a local by sticking a screwdriver in the ignition and hold the boot down by a piece of string.

In all seriousness, I parked in Ingram Road last time, but think I got lucky. Can always prebook the station if you want something guaranteed. 

Haha! Cheers mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TomNight said:
    On your front drive, rather than going to watch the match...
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Is the alleged shit-stirrer/bully/info-leaker Basey still at the club?
  • Options
    TomNight said:
    You could park down on the Strand...? - https://www.medway.gov.uk/strand

Really easy to get to and from if you need to get back to the A2

You've then got about a 5min / 0.9mile walk up to the Ground itself

• Options
    MacGillivray
    Matthews Lavelle Famewo Souare
    Watson Dobson Arter
    Leko Lee Washington

Harness Gunter Morgan Clare Kirk Stockley Davison

Front 3 to constantly rotate and pull players out of position
  • Options
    edited September 2021

• Options
    The club is looking a right shambles at the moment, with the wild swings in team selection and formation, and leaks

The transfer window is looking more and more like a disaster as every week passes, as we've ended up with too many midfielders, too many unfit players signed at the last minute, too many average players and too many players suited to a different system to the ones we've been playing

Yes you need backups and squad depths, but ultimately most successful sides have a best 11, or at most 13 or 14. You have your first choice players, and your backups, whereas we've ended up with a vast number of so so players, where you rotate to your heart's content without ever finding the right combination. 

The Powell 2011/12 side had depth, but it was clear in most cases who the first teamers were, and who were the backup players, whereas we can't say that now

Hamer
    Wiggins
    Morrison
    Cort/Taylor
    Solly
    Jackson
    Stephens
    Hollands
    Wagstaff/Green
    BWP
    Yann

A midfield 2 of Stephens and Hollands, with Pritchard, Hughes and Russell able to cover

Now we have Morgan, Watson, Dobson, Clare, Arter, Gilbey, the injured JFC, the left out Dempsey plus other academy options like Vennings and Henry. What are the odds that the 2 chosen tonight will change again for Pompey and again for Bolton?
  • Options
    That big old geezer on the touchline will be their 12th man again no doubt. Cannot see a win, a draw possibly but on current form let the wrath of the away end cry unto Adkins. 3-1 Gillingham.
  • Options
    MattF said:

Logistically, that's going to be almost impossible.
  • Options
    Time to drop Stockley IMHO, not cos he's let anyone down, but we have to find another way.
    Would like to think that 3 central midfielders can hold their own. Lee in the #10 role with Leko and CBT frightening their centre halves with pace.

MacGillivray
    Gunter / Lavelle / Famewo / Souaré
            Arter / Dobson / Morgan
                          Lee
              Leko / Blackett-Taylor
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!