Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THOMAS SANDGAARD COMPLETES FIRST YEAR OWNERSHIP ON SATURDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

I suggest regardless of the performance and result next Saturday against Portsmouth a rousing "there's only one Thomas Sandgaard" should be sung at The Valley to the man who saved our club. Possibly the most significant event in our recent history.

Comments

• You can suggest it.
  • After the summer transfer window, I'll have a wager Adkins wont be saying Singing Is Brilliant.
  • Pity he can not save The Valley.
  • ct_addick said:
    iainment said:
    He hasn’t made it better has he?
    A lot Better than where we were heading......
    We never would have ceased to exist, but better than admin in league 2 for sure. 

Won't be singing that though.
  • Sponsored links:

• I must be living in an alternative  reality. 
    Roland owns the valley. 
    Roland owns sparrows lane. 
    We are almost bottom of the third division. 
    I won't be singing  that stupid song that's for sure. 
    Perhaps Tommy can play his guitar while you sing along. 
    Roland owns The Valley and Sparrow's Lane because he mistakenly and stupidly thinks he can get £50m for them. Andrew Barclay, The Aussies and the Cardiff city CEO walked away from that. 
    ESI and the crooks said they would pay Roland what he wanted, BUT had no fucking money!! TS stepped in and stopped certain admin, he's negotiated a 15 year lease so that we can still have training facilities and a ground to play on.
    Now TS has said he hopes to eventually buy both, whether he does or not neither of us know, however for now I'm glad CAFC still exists, which a year ago we might not have done!
    Yes he has made mistakes, and needs to make changes, we are in a shite position in the League, but for fuck sake cut him some slack, or, as I've said before, find a 'willing' buyer who can pay Roland £50m for the assets, give TS his circa £12m back and pick up the monthly losses whilst spending on transfers.
    I don't think there are many buyers around, other than the usual crooks, who are currently available.
    I get people are pissed off with the current football and league position, I am as well, but we have a club to debate and argue about....it could've been so much worse!

There, there.
     Those nasty people winding you up again, you’re starting to feel very drowsy………….😉

• It's not that hard.
    If you want to sing his name Saturday then sing it.
    If you dont want to then dont.
  • I won’t sing his name because I think singing names for owners is cringe central. 

But he is still about a thousand times in credit with me. He saved our club and though with a number of things with him it certainly wouldn’t be the way I’d go about it, I genuinely sense he is a good guy and his intentions are good. 

I really wish he (and his missus) would withdraw from social media as I worry about what they will potentially be exposed to when things are not good. 
    They’re good now?
  • edited September 2021
    iainment said:
    Gribbo said:
    iainment said:
    It’s no better than when he took over. Of course I wouldn’t want the arseholes who were owners then to be owners now. It would have been worse under them.
    But it isn’t better now under Sandgaard.
    How should he be making it better? 

From his pov -

He's tied up a lot of the lose ends left by ESI etc.

He's accepted that he can't run the club and, in Gallen and Roddy, employed the right people to come in and take over (on paper at least). Although Adkins' appointment weren't celebrated by everyone, he's an experienced manager and I think TS done okay with his appointment at the time.

He's also made funds available.

This season is obviously not going well and people have got their theories on who or what is to blame, but I cannot see how people can call out TS at this point, even if you do think the blame lies at his feet. He isn't doing anything intentional to line his own pockets (like Southall etc.) and he's not being a pig headed stubborn old flake, like RD. 

Imo if anyone is to blame its any one, or all of, Roddy, Gallen, Adkins or the players

One day he decided he wanted to own a football club. 

He looked and decided he would buy Charlton. 

He has no connection or empathy with the club or it’s fans. He made a financial decision.
    And now he is in the position where he bought a club that doesn’t own it’s ground or training centre. 

He put some effort, it is said, into getting a manager who would push Charlton on. But hasn’t so far been able to win games in League 1 and put Charlton in the relegation area with a real risk of going down.

He inherited a staffing structure that included at least one senior manager who actively acted against fans. That included at least one security manager who treated fans appallingly.
    And hasn’t done anything about those staff members.

He wrote a song.

When will he be responsible for the current crisis at Charlton? 
    So you'd have been more content with ownership reverting back to RD, once ESI and Farnell were jogged on?

Not even sure how that would've panned out considering RD weren't bothered who owned the Club as long as his rent was paid....
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't chant his name
  • Gribbo said:
    iainment said:
    Gribbo said:
    iainment said:
    It’s no better than when he took over. Of course I wouldn’t want the arseholes who were owners then to be owners now. It would have been worse under them.
    But it isn’t better now under Sandgaard.
    How should he be making it better? 

From his pov -

He's tied up a lot of the lose ends left by ESI etc.

He's accepted that he can't run the club and, in Gallen and Roddy, employed the right people to come in and take over (on paper at least). Although Adkins' appointment weren't celebrated by everyone, he's an experienced manager and I think TS done okay with his appointment at the time.

He's also made funds available.

This season is obviously not going well and people have got their theories on who or what is to blame, but I cannot see how people can call out TS at this point, even if you do think the blame lies at his feet. He isn't doing anything intentional to line his own pockets (like Southall etc.) and he's not being a pig headed stubborn old flake, like RD. 

Imo if anyone is to blame its any one, or all of, Roddy, Gallen, Adkins or the players

One day he decided he wanted to own a football club. 

He looked and decided he would buy Charlton. 

He has no connection or empathy with the club or it’s fans. He made a financial decision.
    And now he is in the position where he bought a club that doesn’t own it’s ground or training centre. 

He put some effort, it is said, into getting a manager who would push Charlton on. But hasn’t so far been able to win games in League 1 and put Charlton in the relegation area with a real risk of going down.

He inherited a staffing structure that included at least one senior manager who actively acted against fans. That included at least one security manager who treated fans appallingly.
    And hasn’t done anything about those staff members.

He wrote a song.

When will he be responsible for the current crisis at Charlton? 
    So you'd have been more content with ownership reverting back to RD, once ESI and Farnell were jogged on?

Not even sure how that would've panned out considering RD weren't bothered who owned the Club as long as his rent was paid....
    No I wouldn’t. But he hasn’t done anything yet to move things on. It’s not worse, it’s not better though.
  • I won’t sing his name because I think singing names for owners is cringe central. 

But he is still about a thousand times in credit with me. He saved our club and though with a number of things with him it certainly wouldn’t be the way I’d go about it, I genuinely sense he is a good guy and his intentions are good. 

I really wish he (and his missus) would withdraw from social media as I worry about what they will potentially be exposed to when things are not good. 
    Exactly how I see it.
  • edited September 2021
    Off the pitch he has moved us forward from Southall et al. That’s the positive to start with.

On the pitch we have moved backwards from Roland and arguably even from the other chancers.

A transfer window like the one we just had would not have been as happily received under previous owners.