Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THOMAS SANDGAARD COMPLETES FIRST YEAR OWNERSHIP ON SATURDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    It’s no better than when he took over. Of course I wouldn’t want the arseholes who were owners then to be owners now. It would have been worse under them.
    But it isn’t better now under Sandgaard.
    What isn’t better?  

We are currently on a bad run on the pitch, granted but we are signing players on long contracts, we are building for the future. The 5 year comment was stupid but we have an off field strategy in place now

how else are we not better off? Are crooks taking other crooks to court claiming ownership?

are we under a transfer embargo where the chairman forgot to tell the fans?

is Tommy’s wife sending invoices for £80k for interior design?

land rovers and bitches

city flats for £12k a month

Do I need to carry on?
    For me the comparison isnt to that utter disaster of an ownership which was undeniably terrible.

It is more the comparison to the Roland generation - where we went all in on our CEO and the owner. Who weren't doing any of the above, but were (rightfully) not immune from criticism of stuff they did do wrong.

I am not comparing to MS and Elliott etc..... I am comparing to the owner at a time when we had JBG, Buyens, Bulot, Texeira, Bauer, Taylor etc coming in and infinitely better football on the pitch. Thats the bit that seems out of kilter - if Roland and KM had been overseeing this transfer window and on field performance they would have been lynched.

• Options
    iainment said:
    It’s no better than when he took over. Of course I wouldn’t want the arseholes who were owners then to be owners now. It would have been worse under them.
    What isn’t better?  

We are currently on a bad run on the pitch, granted but we are signing players on long contracts, we are building for the future. The 5 year comment was stupid but we have an off field strategy in place now

how else are we not better off? Are crooks taking other crooks to court claiming ownership?

land rovers and bitches

Do I need to carry on?
    For me the comparison isnt to that utter disaster of an ownership which was undeniably terrible.

It is more the comparison to the Roland generation - where we went all in on our CEO and the owner. Who weren't doing any of the above, but were (rightfully) not immune from criticism of stuff they did do wrong.

I am not comparing to MS and Elliott etc..... I am comparing to the owner at a time when we had JBG, Buyens, Bulot, Texeira, Bauer, Taylor etc coming in and infinitely better football on the pitch. Thats the bit that seems out of kilter - if Roland and KM had been overseeing this transfer window and on field performance they would have been lynched.

That team was in the Championship, and then faded badly in the second half of the season, and was relegated a year later. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    What isn’t better?  

land rovers and bitches

Do I need to carry on?

I think one day we’ll be able to have a rational conversation about the Roland era, but it’s still too raw now. That being said, just because what came next (Manchester chancers, Arab mystery men and Welsh dentist accountants) was worse doesn’t mean we were wrong to want Roland out. As fans are should establish the standards we expect ownership to meet, if they fall below those standards we need to let them know. If they fail to correct after we let them know then things escalate. I think a mini example of this is Sandgaard’s “Addicks to Victory” debacle. It was made clear to him that messing with the RRR was interfering with the history and culture of our club and he corrected the mistake.  
  • Options
    iainment said:
    What isn’t better?  

land rovers and bitches

Do I need to carry on?

But Sandgaard didn't take over from Roland, he took over from the guys that were asset stripping the club. Sandgaard also doesn't have the same wealth of Roland so expectations at least on my part are somewhat reduced despite intentions of PL in x years. 
  • Options
    End of year report .. 'an enthusiastic chap but needs to watch who he employs and hangs round with. An aspiring musician who knows how to make a pound or two and is very careful how he spends it. All in all a mixed start and he could do a lot better' B-
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He saved us and has spent the most in the division on transfer fees this season. He employed a manager with a good track record but early on in the season it has not gone to plan.

How anyone can suggest TS is the bad guy is really beyond me.
    Have a word.
    How many are actually calling him a bad guy?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    He saved us and has spent the most in the division on transfer fees this season. He employed a manager with a good track record but early on in the season it has not gone to plan.

Have a word.
    How many are actually calling him a bad guy?
    Depends where you look. On here, only one or two but in the stinking cesspit that is social media it's depressingly higher.
  • Options

He's not a bad guy, can't say I've seen him called that personally but I would imagine I'm just not looking in the right places! 

As I said he's not a bad guy, just a totally deluded one who has made more than his fair share of incorrect decisions thus far and possibly someone who doesn't perhaps have the capitol as some of us thought he did. Not a bad guy but in my opinion not what we need and things haven't improved since Roland left - on the pitch that is which is all I (and I would imagine most of the fan base) really care about! 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    A lot of people on here have short memories.....we were in the the grips of con-men who were asset stripping the club and would have driven us into admin and possibly extinction. Yes we are 23rd in L1 but we have a decent squad who will take a little time to gel and hopefully push on.  Thanks you TS
    Well said. Summed up in a nutshell.
  • Options

I will keep the champagne and singing on ice for now, while the current sh*t show continues.

Of course, Mr Sandgaard is a legitimate business person and seemingly nice fella,  who deserves basic levels of respect and courtesy but my early optimism has 100% gone.

I just hope he isn't a wealthy narcissist on a self-financed ego trip because something is profoundly wrong at the club at the moment and it needs sorting out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he had come in and said that he was in it for the long haul, but the state the club was left in means that it will take time to build up, without giving the dreams of PL football I think most fans would have forgiven a dodgy start to this season as teething problems.