Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THOMAS SANDGAARD COMPLETES FIRST YEAR OWNERSHIP ON SATURDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone else immediately think of Bad News (Comic Strip), when they hear the open chords to TS's songs?
  • Options
    One year in its time for TS to now take stock, less air guitar, aviators  & pseudo positivity, as fans were not mugs and can see things aren’t right with manager, Ged Roddy & recruitment etc. As fans of course we all want Charlton to be successful and i'm sure hope that TS now realises that he needs help, surely an experienced football CEO & good football people on the board of directors can only TS. 

My dream would be for Charlton Fans to somehow own the club with a majority 51% of the share. Bringing the Team, Valley & Sparrows Lane back together and the secure long term future. God knows how this would be possible? As fans we know the Ups & downs are part and parcel of being a football fan. It would be better, if NADS rained back on the pseudo-therapy positivity and adopt a more honest tone with fans. As fans we are used to Charlton managers being no nonsense & plain speaking . I miss Lennie / Curbs & Bows dour honest vibe.  I'm now getting increasingly irritated by "PA" Positive Adkins when i see him on Charlton TV. 
    Who knows what the season holds, two good home results and this poor start will be forgiven i'm sure. That's both the joy and pain of being a fan, we all just don't know! 
  • Options
    However, we have had approximately 13,000 paying plus some complementary home fans, which is of course what clb was referring to. 
    Probably nearer 12,000.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    He saved us and has spent the most in the division on transfer fees this season. He employed a manager with a good track record but early on in the season it has not gone to plan.

How anyone can suggest TS is the bad guy is really beyond me.
    Have a word.
    How many are actually calling him a bad guy?
    Sadly mate look at social media and some other forums, people are being abusive, people telling him to sell up and fuck off etc etc. 
    As I keep saying, yep he's made mistakes and needs to put them right, including in my opinion, getting a UK CEO (a proper one..maybe PV?), to run things for him, he still needs to concentrate on Zynex, but I'll also say again I believe without him we may not have a club, if I remember rightly we were 48 hours from admin.
    I get the frustration of the teams position, but being abusive, thinking he's not all he seems is going beyond the limits in my opinion.
    I've actually seen people saying they want Roland back!!! TS has been here 12 months, things appear better off the pitch, now HIS team need to make sure that the team on the pitch deliver.
    By the way I won't be singing his name, it's not my cup of tea, but those that do or don't is fine by me.

Well that's not on and hopefully it's only minority.
    The word Gutted sums me up at the moment.
    I see the club in a bit of a pickle and to me theres no need for it to be.
    As you say TS has made a few mistakes , the trouble is quite a few fans find it hard to forget them mistakes especially when things are not going that well.
    With the way TS was talking how many of us thought we were going to do a bit more pre season  in the transfer market?
    I think quite a few fans were and then it became a bit of a let down.
    3 games into the season im witnessing fans turning on the players, a few games later the manager aswell.
    Would the fans of turned so quickly if the expectations weren't so high
    I've got the hump a bit with TS because I think his partly to blame.
    If from the start TS would of had a right hand man and bounced his ideas off him/her half these mistakes wouldn't  of happened.
    Big big season for us, weve got 13000 home fans  coming through the gates every week.
    Off the top of my head averaging about 1700 at the away games.
    Me I can wait as long as it takes, the problem is how many others are willing to wait?
    Literally not true. We’ve had closer to 10,500, 9,000, and 10,000 home fans coming through the gates at the last three home games. Lots of reasons for that, including rubbish football, August, Covid, opposition, but those are the real figures.
    I'm assuming the 9000 figure is for the Crewe game.
    So are we saying with the attendance at 13167 and 500 from Crewe.
    12667 home fans that over 3000 season ticket holders didnt attend?

• Options
    edited September 2021
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    He saved us and has spent the most in the division on transfer fees this season. He employed a manager with a good track record but early on in the season it has not gone to plan.

How anyone can suggest TS is the bad guy is really beyond me.
    Have a word.
    How many are actually calling him a bad guy?
    Sadly mate look at social media and some other forums, people are being abusive, people telling him to sell up and fuck off etc etc. 
    As I keep saying, yep he's made mistakes and needs to put them right, including in my opinion, getting a UK CEO (a proper one..maybe PV?), to run things for him, he still needs to concentrate on Zynex, but I'll also say again I believe without him we may not have a club, if I remember rightly we were 48 hours from admin.
    I get the frustration of the teams position, but being abusive, thinking he's not all he seems is going beyond the limits in my opinion.
    I've actually seen people saying they want Roland back!!! TS has been here 12 months, things appear better off the pitch, now HIS team need to make sure that the team on the pitch deliver.
    By the way I won't be singing his name, it's not my cup of tea, but those that do or don't is fine by me.

Well that's not on and hopefully it's only minority.
    The word Gutted sums me up at the moment.
    I see the club in a bit of a pickle and to me theres no need for it to be.
    As you say TS has made a few mistakes , the trouble is quite a few fans find it hard to forget them mistakes especially when things are not going that well.
    With the way TS was talking how many of us thought we were going to do a bit more pre season  in the transfer market?
    I think quite a few fans were and then it became a bit of a let down.
    3 games into the season im witnessing fans turning on the players, a few games later the manager aswell.
    Would the fans of turned so quickly if the expectations weren't so high
    I've got the hump a bit with TS because I think his partly to blame.
    If from the start TS would of had a right hand man and bounced his ideas off him/her half these mistakes wouldn't  of happened.
    Big big season for us, weve got 13000 home fans  coming through the gates every week.
    Off the top of my head averaging about 1700 at the away games.
    Me I can wait as long as it takes, the problem is how many others are willing to wait?
    Literally not true. We’ve had closer to 10,500, 9,000, and 10,000 home fans coming through the gates at the last three home games. Lots of reasons for that, including rubbish football, August, Covid, opposition, but those are the real figures.
    I'm assuming the 9000 figure is for the Crewe game.
    So are we saying with the attendance at 13167 and 500 from Crewe.
    12667 home fans that over 3000 season ticket holders didnt attend?

The club issued a number of complimentary tickets for that game to people getting Covid jabs. It was a nice idea but the take-up on that kind of random gesture is always going to be tiny. I don't know how many were issued but they will all be in the official attendance. I'm guessing that other comps may have been issued via CACT summer holiday football courses etc. Ditto Cheltenham.

To come at it another way, it's unlikely we sold 3,000 matchday tickets for Crewe, which is what would be required to get to that official gate figure without significant additional comps.

It's entirely plausible that 2,000+ season-ticket-holders didn't attend a match against Crewe on August Bank Holiday weekend, especially following defeats at Oxford, MKD and at home to Wigan seven days earlier. In fact, I would have predicted it.

This won't all be people who just didn't fancy it - the structure of our season ticket pricing encourages people who never intended to attend every match to buy, for example long distance fans, young children. The gap is ALWAYS there, although the size of it varies.
  • Options

This is the Wigan game. I don't have the east, but that is similar to the west. It's pretty obvious that there aren't anywhere near half the 23,700 home seats occupied.
  • Options

This is Crewe.
  • Options
    However, we have had approximately 13,000 paying plus some complementary home fans, which is of course what clb was referring to. 
    Probably nearer 12,000.
    No, you're wrong.

Att     Home   Away
    Sheff W    17639   14927   2712
    Wigan      13839   13128     711
    Crewe      13167   12669     498
    Cheltnm  13790   13279      511

Aggregate home fans 54003
    Average home fans 13,500
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably nearer 12,000.
    No, you're wrong.

Att     Home   Away

Average home fans 13,500
    I think he means the true attendance, as opposed to the reported figures.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Probably nearer 12,000.
    No, you're wrong.

Att     Home   Away

Average home fans 13,500
    I think he means the true attendance, as opposed to the reported figures.
    No he doesn't if you read the thread back.
  • Options
    Probably nearer 12,000.
    No, you're wrong.

Att     Home   Away

Average home fans 13,500
    You’re not allowing for comps which will certainly bring the last three down to nearer 12,000 than 13,000.
  • Options
    I must be living in an alternative  reality. 
    Roland owns the valley. 
    Roland owns sparrows lane. 
    We are almost bottom of the third division. 
    I won't be singing  that stupid song that's for sure. 
    Perhaps Tommy can play his guitar while you sing along. 
    Yeah, no point having a Charlton if they're not winning all the time is there? Fuck off Sandgaard, should have let us die if you weren't going to win all the matches.
    You're conflating two different things. Sandgaard is the reason we have a Charlton at all. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but the quality of the football is a separate issue to the fact we can all quite comfortably take a moment to appreciate that thanks to the man we have a team to be pissed off at. If you can't separate acknowledgement of him saving us from being annoyed that we lost to Cheltenham then it sounds like you'll only be happy when we're winning, and this might not be the right club for that
    I am sure Blackpool 72 can answer for himself but as the name suggests 
    only be happy when we are winning is well of line …… Many people have seen us lose over years and when we win 4-1 away to QPR you might just know we are in it for LIFE.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Probably nearer 12,000.
    No, you're wrong.

Att     Home   Away

Average home fans 13,500
    You’re not allowing for comps which will certainly bring the last three down to nearer 12,000 than 13,000.
    I said we have had approximately 13,000 paying plus some complementary home fans, which I meant was the total home tickets sold/distributed. This being the officially announced home attendance.
    I am clearly correct and even quoted the figures.
    The average official figure for home fans before today was 13,500 ie approximately 13,000.
    You've misinterpreted what I am saying and I only mentioned the comps to clarify that I was talking about the official home attendance (paid plus comps).
  • Options
    Probably nearer 12,000.
    No, you're wrong.

Att     Home   Away

Average home fans 13,500
    I said we have had approximately 13,000 paying plus some complementary home fans, which I meant was the total home tickets sold/distributed. This being the officially announced home attendance.
    The average official figure for home fans before today was 13,500 ie approximately 13,000.
    No, you’re not, because you don’t understand the number of complimentary tickets issued, which will be in the range 500-1,000 at least for the last three games on your list. I agree there were probably 13,000 paying for Sheff Wed.
  • Options
    You still don't understand. I'll try once more.
    I was referring to the official home fan attendance, at the first 4 games of the season, played at The Valley.
    I said it was approximately 13,000.
    I checked and it was actually 13,500.
  • Options
    Probably nearer 12,000.
    No, you're wrong.

Att     Home   Away

Average home fans 13,500
    You've misinterpreted what I am saying and I only mentioned the comps to clarify that I was talking about the official home attendance (paid plus comps).
    We do not have 13,000 paying. You’re now moving the goalposts.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Fucksake, arguing about the "real" attendance vs the "stated" attendance. 

I'm not sure what's sadder, the people arguing about such things on a Saturday evening or me reading them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I wonder if you're being deliberately obtuse.
    It seems to me that if you misunderstood in the first instance, that was maybe down to me not being clear enough for you.
    But having clarified a couple of times I'm at a loss how you still cannot understand.
    Anyway, hopefully everyone else understands that clb and I were referring to the officially announced attendance, as opposed to how many fans physically attended.
  • Options
    It seems to me that if you misunderstood in the first instance, that was maybe down to me not being clear enough for you.
    But having clarified a couple of times I'm at a loss how you still cannot understand.
    Anyway, hopefully everyone else understands that clb and I were referring to the officially announced attendance, as opposed to how many fans physically attended.
    We are both referring to the officially announced attendance. You have said that 13,000 people are paying (with the comps on top) based on the official figures but you are wrong because a larger proportion than you assume will be on comps, which by definition is people not paying. In my experience there are rarely  fewer than 500-600 comps for league games and the club has been issuing random comps on top of that to people getting vaccinations at The Valley and, almost certainly, CACT football courses etc. These are in the figures but are not paid tickets. It’s not difficult.

The actual attendances are falling more than 3,000 short of the official figures. Since people who buy match tickets fairly reliably turn up, the shortfall is either entirely in the season tickets or some of it must be unused comps. Unless you think a third of season-ticket holders are absent every match, it’s clear comps are a substantial part of the announced figure.
  • Options
    Oi.
    Dont get me involved, it's quite clear from my original post I said getting 13000 through the gates.
    I didnt mention 13000 that had payed
    If you're talking about 13000 paying that's a different argument and an argument I'd rather not be involved with.
  • Options
    We are both referring to the officially announced attendance. You have said that 13,000 people are paying (with the comps on top) based on the official figures but you are wrong because a larger proportion than you assume will be on comps, which by definition is people not paying. In my experience there are rarely  fewer than 500-600 comps for league games and the club has been issuing random comps on top of that to people getting vaccinations at The Valley and, almost certainly, CACT football courses etc. These are in the figures but are not paid tickets. It’s not difficult.

The actual attendances are falling more than 3,000 short of the official figures. Since people who buy match tickets fairly reliably turn up, the shortfall is either entirely in the season tickets or some of it must be unused comps. Unless you think a third of season-ticket holders are absent every match, it’s clear comps are a substantial part of the announced figure.
    No I'm not saying that as I have explained numerous times.

I am saying that the approximate 13,000 people include comps and were given as the official home support.

When I checked my post it was actually 13,500.

As I've explained when I said 13,000 paying plus comps I meant 13,000 in total, in aggregate, including comps. A better wording would have been including comps.

I hope that is now clear and I only mentioned comps in the first place because I thought if I hadn't you soon would.

Apologies to everyone for having to continually explain. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Still at it I see.

I think we all knew what Covered End meant from the very first post but for some reason Airman seems to want to be pedantic about it. Cant think why.
  • Options
    @stig let's do the whole film...
  • Options
    Sandgaard finding the bodies....

See the source image
  • Options
    Duchatelet planning a new housing estate...

See the source image