Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THOMAS SANDGAARD COMPLETES FIRST YEAR OWNERSHIP ON SATURDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

Comments

• Options
    @stig let's do the whole film...
    One of my favourite films of all time.
  • Options
    Loving this analolgy, well played CL!

TSR is an all time greatest film contender.  CAFC on the other hand are in the running for a Raspberry Award...
  • Options

Reading the rumours thread everyday . 

• Options
    Whatever the attendances are, they’re bloody awful and we need to find a way of getting more fans into the ground and regularly.

It’s bloody depressing looking around and seeing so many empty seats. 
  • Options
    I came on here to see what people were saying re TS 12 month anniversary (elsewhere they're still telling him to sell up and fuck off, although no one seems to suggest who buys us, could that be because currently people aren't queuing up to buy football clubs!) and yet I find people arguing about the attendance and comp tickets..fuck me backwards, the actual figures, I guess, will never be known, as a lot of it is smoke and mirrors.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I wonder if you're being deliberately obtuse.
    It seems to me that if you misunderstood in the first instance, that was maybe down to me not being clear enough for you.
    But having clarified a couple of times I'm at a loss how you still cannot understand.
    Anyway, hopefully everyone else understands that clb and I were referring to the officially announced attendance, as opposed to how many fans physically attended.
    Oi.
    Dont get me involved, it's quite clear from my original post I said getting 13000 through the gates.
    I didnt mention 13000 that had payed
    If you're talking about 13000 paying that's a different argument and an argument I'd rather not be involved with.
    There’s no way there’s 13,000 Charlton fans through the gates in these games ….

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    If the West stand is typical, attendance is very sparse and as others say nothing like the stated official attendance, would be good to go back to publishing the actuals which should be easy (assuming they aren’t out there somewhere?) and I’d expect that to happen soon as part of the ‘new era’.

Regarding the matchday experience in general a handful of us who raised issues (see most recent fans forum minutes) met with caterers and TK on Saturday as part of an immediate follow up by the club on that topic,

Expect some changes soon including better feedback process, more consistent staffing and tap water in the fans bar, a Bovril investigation, and some others and I’ll suggest these are minuted. 

The message appears to be TS wants change, what and how quickly depends on a number of things of course watch this space I guess.
  • Options

Thomas crawled to ownership of Charlton through five-hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine.
  • Options
    razil said:
    If the West stand is typical, attendance is very sparse and as others say nothing like the stated official attendance, would be good to go back to publishing the actuals which should be easy (assuming they aren’t out there somewhere?) and I’d expect that to happen soon as part of the ‘new era’.

Regarding the matchday experience in general a handful of us who raised issues (see most recent fans forum minutes) met with caterers and TK on Saturday as part of an immediate follow up by the club on that topic,

Expect some changes soon including better feedback process, more consistent staffing and tap water in the fans bar, a Bovril investigation, and some others and I’ll suggest these are minuted. 

The message appears to be TS wants change, what and how quickly depends on a number of things of course watch this space I guess.
    Just a thought...

How will TK's "status" be minuted from yesterday's meeting ?

As this was a catering based one, I'm guessing not as COO unless that's now interpreted as Catering Operation Operative ..
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Sage said:
    Whatever the attendances are, they’re bloody awful and we need to find a way of getting more fans into the ground and regularly.

You are having a laugh?
    Bottom 4 of league 1 and ,OFFICIAL attendance nearly 15000 and your knocking our support.
    nearly 17000 saturday so circa 13500 *exc comps i guess) charlton fans were either there or paid to be there - given its our worst league position in our lifetime, that aint too bad and if we start winning, it will fill up a lot - we all know that initiatives to fill the ground can't hurt but nothing will fill it like a good team - the onus is now entirely on adkins - he has a good squad, a squad he wanted and he has to start delivering or he's a gonna 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    and so could most others because we're not wed to the adkins formation - wrong thread 
  • Options
    Stig said:

Thomas crawled to ownership of Charlton through five-hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine.
    Looks more like Thomas examining RD's underground heating/boiler
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Sage said:

You are having a laugh?
    Bottom 4 of league 1 and ,OFFICIAL attendance nearly 15000 and your knocking our support.
    I’m not knocking the support. I am allowed to say attendances aren’t good and seeing so many empty seats is depressing without knocking the support.

Do you enjoy seeing the ground as empty as it is? Am I wrong in wanting it more full?

Forget the league position and the performances, it wasn’t great at the start of the season so yes although they haven’t helped, it’s not like they’re a huge or determining factor.

With a team winning and playing well, of course more fans will attend because they’re more likely to enjoy themselves.

However, there are plenty of people who don’t attend now but could with a better and more clever way of attracting them in, and it’ll be nothing to do with results on the pitch.

We hand out so many comps every single game to different people all the time but they don’t come back. We have season ticket holders who count for attendance when they’re not there. You could also argue the attendance has been higher on average so far because we have played Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth at home, two teams which will always bring a lot of fans.

If you feel I am knocking our support, that’s up to you how you want to take it. We have been through the mill and some throughout the last decade and it will have taken its toll on many, I completely understand that too.

But the simple fact is, we have to find ways of getting more in attendance and regularly without literally handing tickets away.

As I said, it is depressing looking around and seeing empty seats after empty seats.

With our league position, with the ongoings of the world, with our recent history, we are losing a generation of supporters. Where are the younger fans coming from that our club is going to need in future to enable our growth? The club have a task to make us more attractive to those young people and any way they can, they should.

I want to go to The Valley and look around and see it at least two thirds full, not 40-50%.

Questions should be asked to supporters about what can be done to improve attendances?

How can the club be more attractive?

What is stopping people from going?

What can the club do to remove those barriers?

In an area where SE7 falls into 30% of the most deprived, what can the club offer to local people to make it more affordable or worthwhile?

So many of our supporters travel from Kent or regions around it, what can we do to increase the support on our doorstep?

There is a lot to be done and I hope it’s high on the list of priorities going forward because I don’t believe we will grow the way we would like without the support growing first.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Build it, with success & exciting performances on the pitch, and they will come. 

Simples.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Sage said:
    clb74 said:
    Sage said:

You are having a laugh?
    I’m not knocking the support. I am allowed to say attendances aren’t good and seeing so many empty seats is depressing without knocking the support.

Do you enjoy seeing the ground as empty as it is? Am I wrong in wanting it more full?

Forget the league position and the performances, it wasn’t great at the start of the season so yes although they haven’t helped, it’s not like they’re a huge or determining factor.

With a team winning and playing well, of course more fans will attend because they’re more likely to enjoy themselves.

However, there are plenty of people who don’t attend now but could with a better and more clever way of attracting them in, and it’ll be nothing to do with results on the pitch.

We hand out so many comps every single game to different people all the time but they don’t come back. We have season ticket holders who count for attendance when they’re not there. You could also argue the attendance has been higher on average so far because we have played Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth at home, two teams which will always bring a lot of fans.

If you feel I am knocking our support, that’s up to you how you want to take it. We have been through the mill and some throughout the last decade and it will have taken its toll on many, I completely understand that too.

But the simple fact is, we have to find ways of getting more in attendance and regularly without literally handing tickets away.

As I said, it is depressing looking around and seeing empty seats after empty seats.

With our league position, with the ongoings of the world, with our recent history, we are losing a generation of supporters. Where are the younger fans coming from that our club is going to need in future to enable our growth? The club have a task to make us more attractive to those young people and any way they can, they should.

I want to go to The Valley and look around and see it at least two thirds full, not 40-50%.

Questions should be asked to supporters about what can be done to improve attendances?

In an area where SE7 falls into 30% of the most deprived, what can the club offer to local people to make it more affordable or worthwhile?

So many of our supporters travel from Kent or regions around it, what can we do to increase the support on our doorstep?

There is a lot to be done and I hope it’s high on the list of priorities going forward because I don’t believe we will grow the way we would like without the support growing first.
    It’s basically about removing the obstacles to attendance, wherever people live,  but at the moment the biggest one is the perception we’re rubbish. However you box it up, a sizeable chunk of season-ticket holders aren’t attending. If you can’t get them in when they have already paid, you’re going to struggle with uncommitted fans. Be lucky to get 9,000 home fans in on Tuesday night.
  • Options
    The issue of local support is made more difficult because areas such as ours . Have a high new immigrant population. They have grown up before comming here watching the premiership and in particular the so called big six. You will not get them comming to a club they had never heard of before they ended up here.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    clb74 said:
    Sage said:

You are having a laugh?

Sorry Sage but it does my head in.
    I honestly think with what's gone on over the past few years the offical/actually attended is pretty good this season.
    9000 season ticket holders in league 1 , very decent to me.
    Two thirds full, I dont think we would be getting that even if we was winning every week In league 1.

• Options
    Sage said:
    clb74 said:
    Sage said:

You are having a laugh?

Covid and ticket prices have possibly hindered gates.
    Could you lead me to the way of the complimentary tickets.
  • Options
    As Fanny said, Success on the pitch, and winning games with attractive football is the ONLY answer. The rest will follow.
  • Options
    chelsea were down to gates of 6000 in the eighties at their real low points in the second division- we are double that and a league lower - get it right on the pitch and the valley will fill up   
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We couldn't sell out The Valley every game in the Premier League post-2002 without significant interventions and that was with very affordable general prices. Gates will obviously improve with results but it's ridiculous to think 1) there is no short, medium and long-term financial benefit to the club in working on improving support and 2) there is even a remote possibility of selling out The Valley regularly in L1 at current (or reduced) prices.
  • Options
    We won't sell out in league 1 or champ on a regular basis but with a good, successful team, with aspirations, we will increase support in League 1 to average 16- 17k ish and in the championship 20k+ with the odd sell out for crunch games / play offs - that will do me and the ground will feel fullish - i'm not a fan of cheap tickets or handouts coz i actually think people have a lot more disposable income that they waste on other things although we need to target group that haven't been before  - keep a cheap section of the ground, which we have and do the odd fiver game. Hand out a chunk of free tickets to schools and junior football clubs every now and then but not on a regular basis - if they go once and don't come back then fair enough but at least we've shown them what's on offer.
  • Options
    there are 9 of us in a row who have season tickets in the north upper  - i reckon on average those seats have been filled 50% of the time for one reason or another - holidays, illness, whatever - i'm certainly not ringing people up and offering them use of the spare tickets at the moment coz of the crap on the pitch  
  • Options
    It would be a shrewd move to offer free or really cheap tickets to schools. After all we all know that once you attend a few games at Charlton as a kid you end up hooked for life, it is an investment for the future I think