Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THOMAS SANDGAARD COMPLETES FIRST YEAR OWNERSHIP ON SATURDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

Comments

• Options
    No one is more ashamed of our wankstain position in the third tier of English football than me .

But fffs Roland is the cnut who (thought he ) sold us to some absolute complete crooked cnuts who were taking our club to an early grave , in the middle of a cnuting,  fuck all income, world pandemic,  this mad septic Dane came in and started burning his childrens inheritance on our shithouse club .... without him who knows what

back to that senile ratcnut roland who is still of the belief a deal he made up with the delusional crooks of £50m is still a fair value , fcuk off 
    that scrotum is still about and no good for us 
    and let's not forget ratcnut didn't even entertain a reasonable value to the ground to bring together a meeting with Varney/Barclay cos hes  a stupid cnut who listened to cnuttwat Murray .
    So Varney is prolly kept at arms length still because of ratcnut's ownership of the ground and training ground .
    So fuck roland and whoever else.

Thomas is naive,  it's gone tits up but he is burning cash on our wanky club which he is only beginning to (hopefully) get an affinity towards .

I'm more than grateful for his over generous gifting towards our club of his hard earned .
    Just need some better management on the ground and things will turn .
    I'd rather we were sloshing about in league one than some afc charlton bollox or going to our local non league shit
    Give me Charlton Athletic Football Club at Valley , Floyd Road over any of the other bollox .

Rock on Tommy 

Did Roland also “rescue” us from an ownership “who were taking our club to an early grave”? 
  • Options
    We’re one year in to Tommy’s five year plan. There’s a long way to go and it’s still all to play for.

We’re not going to win every game - no team out of the 92 have won every game so far this season. Even Curbs lost over 200 matches when he was manager.

I’m not really sure what people are expecting. We’ve only played 8 games.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I agree that TS is massively in credit right now, and Im hugely thankful he rescued us from possible oblivion. In terms of how this season has panned out, Im putting it down to his general football naivety and lack of experience running a club.

Unfortunately that might mean this season is a write off, and thats still a big dissapointment. Mainly because of the rhetoric coming from TS himself such as saying we will "blow away this division". Even if we do finish mid table come May, I think the majority of the fan base will tolerate this, and I doubt anyone would seriously be wanting TS out.

If we are in a similar position this time next season? That TS credit might start to disappear quickly.  
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Airman Brown - Have you heard anything re' Barclay showing a renewed interest to come in alongside TS maybe? As per the other thread 
  • Options
    I have every confidence that he will prove to be a great chairman for us. He's got a lot to learn, but even the best owners aren't immune from picking duff managers. I'll happily live with his mistakes as long as the aim is success on the pitch. Trying to get us promoted and failing is a lot more palatable than Roland's "come and watch a game, doesn't matter what the score is, then go dancing in Crossbars post-match".

After the last few years, I consider it a luxury to be able to moan about how shit we are rather than worrying about whether I'll still have a club to support in a month.

Wish he'd get off social media though. 
  • Options
    Saving the club and being a successful football club owner can be two very different things. 

You can 'save the club' but then not be able to manage it effectively. At the moment he's not doing a good job, set out by what a football club is supposed to do; win games and building a competitive squad. 
  • Options
    Saving the club and being a successful football club owner can be two very different things. 

You can 'save the club' but then not be able to manage it effectively. At the moment he's not doing a good job, set out by what a football club is supposed to do; win games and building a competitive squad. 
    I don't think it is him not doing a very good job, I think it's one if the departments letting the side down. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

I don't think it is him not doing a very good job, I think it's one if the departments letting the side down. 
    Agreed - I think the spotlight is firmly on Adkins now and the way he is setting the team up - there have been excuses to date due to late arrivals and a few returning from injury but he has to get it right soon. It was said last night that we didn't sign any players that Nigel Adkins didn't want - okay, so its possible we may not have signed a few he did want but to me, the seeming overload of wingers, at the expense of maybe an out and out goalscorer and / or midfield general is down to the system that Adkins likes - its that system that isn't working and was also very dull to watch at the back end of last serason and i think if he persists, that will be his downfall coz i have never seen how Stockley can play in taht system    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

Agreed - I think the spotlight is firmly on Adkins now and the way he is setting the team up - there have been excuses to date due to late arrivals and a few returning from injury but he has to get it right soon. It was said last night that we didn't sign any players that Nigel Adkins didn't want - okay, so its possible we may not have signed a few he did want but to me, the seeming overload of wingers, at the expense of maybe an out and out goalscorer and / or midfield general is down to the system that Adkins likes - its that system that isn't working and was also very dull to watch at the back end of last serason and i think if he persists, that will be his downfall coz i have never seen how Stockley can play in taht system    
    I think the players being bought seemingly with no regard for the manager and his tactics has caused this mess. 

Adkins only having a veto basically means he either accepts players that don't fit into his system, or potentially no players at all. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

I think the players being bought seemingly with no regard for the manager and his tactics has caused this mess. 

Adkins only having a veto basically means he either accepts players that don't fit into his system, or potentially no players at all. 
    So that would be down to Gallen or Roddy then?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

why do you think that though? Leko, Jaysemi, Kirk, CBT - all fit his winger / striker type player in a 3 man attack  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

why do you think that though? Leko, Jaysemi, Kirk, CBT - all fit his winger / striker type player in a 3 man attack  
    Because we expected Adkins to get playoffs with a midfield of Morgan, Dodson and Clare. Watson as back-up. 

The fact Adkins is still playing Watson shows he's not happy with the midfield purchases made. 
  • Options
    Yeah but don’t forget Dobson and Clare were said to be shit by Sunderland and Oxford fans and what do they know , don’t forget Leicester fans said Kermorgant wasn’t all that so I’m sure they’ll be just great for us 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

Because we expected Adkins to get playoffs with a midfield of Morgan, Dodson and Clare. Watson as back-up. 

The fact Adkins is still playing Watson shows he's not happy with the midfield purchases made. 
    How on earth can anyone draw a conclusion that Adkins isn't happy with midfield purchases because he is using Watson?
    There could be a number of reasons he is using him, but hey don't let that get in the way of a negative spin!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

How on earth can anyone draw a conclusion that Adkins isn't happy with midfield purchases because he is using Watson?
    There could be a number of reasons he is using him, but hey don't let that get in the way of a negative spin!
    We have Clare, Dobson, Arter, Morgan, Lee all fit and available. 

Watson is being played after Adkins himself came out and stated he hopes Watson was a reserve player this season working with the youngsters when his contract was renewed. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    He saved us and has spent the most in the division on transfer fees this season. He employed a manager with a good track record but early on in the season it has not gone to plan.

How anyone can suggest TS is the bad guy is really beyond me.
    Have a word.
    How many are actually calling him a bad guy?
    Sadly mate look at social media and some other forums, people are being abusive, people telling him to sell up and fuck off etc etc. 
    As I keep saying, yep he's made mistakes and needs to put them right, including in my opinion, getting a UK CEO (a proper one..maybe PV?), to run things for him, he still needs to concentrate on Zynex, but I'll also say again I believe without him we may not have a club, if I remember rightly we were 48 hours from admin.
    I get the frustration of the teams position, but being abusive, thinking he's not all he seems is going beyond the limits in my opinion.
    I've actually seen people saying they want Roland back!!! TS has been here 12 months, things appear better off the pitch, now HIS team need to make sure that the team on the pitch deliver.
    By the way I won't be singing his name, it's not my cup of tea, but those that do or don't is fine by me.

Well that's not on and hopefully it's only minority.
    The word Gutted sums me up at the moment.
    I see the club in a bit of a pickle and to me theres no need for it to be.
    As you say TS has made a few mistakes , the trouble is quite a few fans find it hard to forget them mistakes especially when things are not going that well.
    With the way TS was talking how many of us thought we were going to do a bit more pre season  in the transfer market?
    I think quite a few fans were and then it became a bit of a let down.
    3 games into the season im witnessing fans turning on the players, a few games later the manager aswell.
    Would the fans of turned so quickly if the expectations weren't so high
    I've got the hump a bit with TS because I think his partly to blame.
    If from the start TS would of had a right hand man and bounced his ideas off him/her half these mistakes wouldn't  of happened.
    Big big season for us, weve got 13000 home fans  coming through the gates every week.
    Off the top of my head averaging about 1700 at the away games.
    Me I can wait as long as it takes, the problem is how many others are willing to wait?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @SELR_addicks yes I know what midfielders we have and against Gillingham both Morgan and Lee played, with the latter scoring.
    Arter is still trying to get match fit, Clare was on the subs bench and Dobson played against Wycombe on Saturday.
    My point is no-one can say that Adkins is not happy with the purchases made that's just pure conjecture!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    He saved us and has spent the most in the division on transfer fees this season. He employed a manager with a good track record but early on in the season it has not gone to plan.

Have a word.
    Sadly mate look at social media and some other forums, people are being abusive, people telling him to sell up and fuck off etc etc. 
    As I keep saying, yep he's made mistakes and needs to put them right, including in my opinion, getting a UK CEO (a proper one..maybe PV?), to run things for him, he still needs to concentrate on Zynex, but I'll also say again I believe without him we may not have a club, if I remember rightly we were 48 hours from admin.
    I get the frustration of the teams position, but being abusive, thinking he's not all he seems is going beyond the limits in my opinion.
    I've actually seen people saying they want Roland back!!! TS has been here 12 months, things appear better off the pitch, now HIS team need to make sure that the team on the pitch deliver.
    By the way I won't be singing his name, it's not my cup of tea, but those that do or don't is fine by me.

As you say TS has made a few mistakes , the trouble is quite a few fans find it hard to forget them mistakes especially when things are not going that well.
    With the way TS was talking how many of us thought we were going to do a bit more pre season  in the transfer market?
    3 games into the season im witnessing fans turning on the players, a few games later the manager aswell.
    If from the start TS would of had a right hand man and bounced his ideas off him/her half these mistakes wouldn't  of happened.
    Big big season for us, weve got 13000 home fans  coming through the gates every week.
    Me I can wait as long as it takes, the problem is how many others are willing to wait?
    You can buy me a couple down the Rad on Saturday. 
    That'll cheer you up. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We all have different opinions on players and that will never change.  

Last night it was stated by Ged Roddy that Thomas Sandgaard wants the stadium full?

How does that happen when we have won 9 out of our last 31 home games and we don't have any X factor players to woe the fans ?  

It was fortunate that nearly 10k Cafc folk believed we were going for it this season and bought season tickets.

So pleased that Thomas came along but maybe the two time course and distance winner that was Nigel Adkins in League1 is now yesterday's man. He got off to a bad start when celebrating a 0-0 draw at home when I don't think we had a shot on target.

Thomas Sandgaard has the right to be hands on but if Ronnie Schwartz was his pick it's maybe better to let his staff pick the players because I don't want Thomas giving his self the sack !
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Nuffink queer as Charlton folk. Thomas Sandgaard is in plenty of credit with me.
    Massively in credit. Only simple minds would conclude anything else.
    I don't imagine Jim Kerr et al really care tbh.
    I knew the first dad who logged on and saw my post would post that!!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

Eh? We probably expected Adkins to use a midfield of Lee, Arter and Gilbey, which is what he has been given and the others in roatation during a 46 game season. Pointing at three weaker players (two of which have had the total of about 5 games each to meet your dizzying expectations for third tier players) in the squad seems pretty unreasonable. I maintain, if you look at our squad as it stands now position by position it isn’t that bad. It’s not as good as Chris Powell’s all conquering team of a decade ago, I’m not sure it’s even better than the Bowyer playoff winning team, but it’s a pretty decent League One squad. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Gribbo said:

Eh? We probably expected Adkins to use a midfield of Lee, Arter and Gilbey, which is what he has been given and the others in roatation during a 46 game season. Pointing at three weaker players (two of which have had the total of about 5 games each to meet your dizzying expectations for third tier players) in the squad seems pretty unreasonable. I maintain, if you look at our squad as it stands now position by position it isn’t that bad. It’s not as good as Chris Powell’s all conquering team of a decade ago, I’m not sure it’s even better than the Bowyer playoff winning team, but it’s a pretty decent League One squad. 
    On what basis? Their recent performance? 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Have a word.

Literally not true. We’ve had closer to 10,500, 9,000, and 10,000 home fans coming through the gates at the last three home games. Lots of reasons for that, including rubbish football, August, Covid, opposition, but those are the real figures.
  • Options
    However, we have had approximately 13,000 paying plus some complementary home fans, which is of course what clb was referring to. 
  • Options
    He has had a pretty good year too. Club seems more stable, came within a gnats ear of the play offs last season. He has employed people who are engaging with fans, and my impression is they want to improve the club and the match day experience.
    This year has been slow start on the pitch , but a couple more games and it will click.