Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Five changes and we started brightly, taking the lead through a Davison goal. I thought Clare, Leko and Davison’s work rate separated us. We held our shape when they had the ball and moved quickly into attack down the wings when we had the opportunity. We looked in control and Bolton looked weak to my eyes, right up until we gifted them an equaliser from a moment of individual quality. It was almost a replay of the weekend, with the forward turning inside on Matthews and releasing a shot from twenty yards. We went into the break deflated.

In the second half we tried to find another gear. But the wheels fell off as legs tired on about seventy minutes. And they fell off spectacularly. Somehow, we conspired to make a hapless Bolton look rampant. 

It was an ugly loss and I don’t know where we go from here.

Charlton 1 Bolton 4

Over to you.

Comments

• No good news, everything awful
  • There's shit. 

And there's Charlton shit. 
  • stonemuse said:
    I’m naturally optimistic and I saw no point in sacking a manager this soon … but do you know what? … he has lost the dressing room and lost the fans … just walk away Nigel, you are destroying us 
    Deano seems to agree
  • AND THIS IS NOT A QUESTION I ASSURE YOU...

• Bad bad side and shit manager his gone now
  • Well this thread should be fun!!

Hang on folks my popcorn is nearly done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rubbish, I don't see any way back for NA.
  • My worry is a new manager cannot do anything different. What can be done? 
  • 1 win in 10 is unacceptable. Looked excellent at times in the first half and then crumbled in the second. Something is very wrong there
  • I get that some players are not up to speed but is Kirk, DJ, Dobson, Morgan not fit ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes a shambles and as bad as I have ever known. Certainly our worst league position as far as I can recall in supporting Charlton for over 50 years. Big squad of poorish players. Maybe overreacting but it does start to feel like a relegation season. Over to Thomas to make some executive decisions.
  • "Best XI" is the new cliche, replacing "Go back to 4-4-2" and "Get stuck in" and "Hard work," etc.
  • After 30 minutes, I thought we were gonna absolutely stuff 'em. 

Erm... didn't quite turn out that way. 
  • RedRyan said:
    Curbs and Deano talking a lot of sense. They both see the failings in Adkins.
    What have they said out of interest ?