Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    I'd change the keeper. We have good individuals in that defence. They are playing horribly, and have done all season. We had so much confidence with Amos. Get Henderson in. 

Fitness is a real concern, and has been all season. 

We should not be here this many games in. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    He hasn't got the cash or bollocks (or both) to sack him has he?
    If he appoints Jackson or Euell, or both, joint managers now there’s a novelty, then it won’t necessarily cost him as much as it would if he doesn’t sack him. Might even save him some money in the long run.
  • Options
    When will there be a new transfer rumours thread
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Curbs and Deano talking a lot of sense. They both see the failings in Adkins.
    Curbs talking so much sense it is painful listening to it.

He really should be in the dressing room, not the TV studio.
    What’s he saying?
    Same as the rest of us. Adkins needs to play a settled team in a settled formation. Critical - as far as he can be - of our players and highlighting their errors.
  • Options
    We were better before we went all serious about the teamsheet being leaked. 

More than frustrated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he doesn’t go by tomorrow we are definitely going down.
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    WHAddick said:
    RedRyan said:
    Curbs and Deano talking a lot of sense. They both see the failings in Adkins.
    Can you elaborate? What did they say?
    Basically, Curbs - stop changing the team so much, there can’t have been enough time to train properly to the game plan

Deano - stop listening to sports scientists and physios, it’s all easy excuses, just get the players to focus on dealing with the simple stuff in front of them and play. Sounds antithetical to NA’s approach.
    Cheers RR
  • Options
    Really poor second half. Team talk didn't work.
  • Options
    How are those bets on the top half finish going? Printing money apparently. 
  • Options
    If he doesn’t go by tomorrow we are definitely going down.
    With 36 games left?! 

If we lose Saturday he 💯% will be gone.
  • Options
    Goodbye Nigel.

On a personal note, my condolences to the 58 smart arses on here who LOLd me when I called out his appointment as a joke on day one.

Seems a lot of folks are taken in by a perma-tan, smooth patter and a grin.

Not me though.
    Totally agree. 
  • Options
    Where do you start with that? 25 mins of looking pretty comfortable. Progressively went downhill from there.

Whatever people might say, this is a decent league one squad. That performance from that squad of players is inexcusible. The lack of fitness is shameful. Constantly choppng and changing is not going to get players match fit.

Those players look lost, like strangers who have no idea what game plan they are being asked to execute. I think we can all see it, Adkins is not going to get anything out of the squad. I don't beleive he will be sacked or walk. If Thomas wants to get salvage this season he has to do something now and change it at the top. If it were me, I would remove the lot and let a new man bring in his own staff.

There is no leadership on the pitch and that is also a huge concern.

I usually wouldn't bother to stay online to watch the managers interview, but will tonight. Somone needs to be asking him some serious questions.
    Won't happen on Charlton TV. Sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    I’m naturally optimistic and I saw no point in sacking a manager this soon … but do you know what? … he has lost the dressing room and lost the fans … just walk away Nigel, you are destroying us 

That is an absolute fact.
    That’s twice you’ve said that tonight. Can you elaborate at all?

Sorry, no - but I know for a fact he has, and it's happened before with him.
    He has certainly lost a couple of them. 
  • Options
    Speechless after that.
  • Options
    TS is becoming the master of understatement ! 
    He needs to get off his phone, get on a plane and come and sort this mess out. And if he is going to ding NA he better bring his cheque book.
  • Options
    Blame must rest with Adkins. I can’t see how he can survive this. 
  • Options
    Nigel and his motivating Twitter talks might work on LinkedIn or a wanky seminar.

It doesn’t gain respect in a football dressing room and I think it sings volumes how we are in the second half of games that the players don’t buy it either. 

The problem is I don’t know what to suggest as the alternative, which is bleak. 
  • Options
    PV CEO
    Curbs DOF
    Wilder Manager

But it won't happen will it?

No the guy who took Sheffield Utd to a couple places off Europe a couple of seasons ago probably isn't going to take over the team 23rd in League One

Like I said mate, won't happen.
  • Options
    If that’s not the final nail then I don’t know what is