Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    I don't think he has lost the side but his selection is awful, far too open.
  • Options
    Shambles would be a very kind way to describe that second half.
    God only knows what goes on between games on the training pitch but it certainly ain’t working. 
  • Options
    Why do we support a club that’s in a permanent state of turmoil ?

60 years next January SHG, at my wits end.
    My first game was in 1961
    Wow I thought I was old 😉
  • Options
    Already 4 points adrift of safety...
  • Options
    it's obvious that Adkins just can't get this group playing for him .. he was a bad appointment and nothing will improve until he's gone .. It is as plain and simple as that .. whether Sandy has the guts and/or cash to change things we will know very shortly .. the next two games are against teams in good nick, I doubt we'll get even a point against Fleetwood or Rotherham
  • Options
    Seven if we lose to Fleetwood.
  • Options
    5 points (well 4 points and half a dozen goals) from safety already. Yikes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    We were fine for the first 35 minutes.  We look so unfit it's unbelievable.  That's when players make mistakes, get caught out of position, hoof the ball.  When they are tired.  It's a fucking disgrace. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    And they have a game in hand so could be 5! And if Doncaster win their game in hand we'll be bottom.
  • Options
    Alright, ten games in and we are second bottom. It's grim grim grim.

Pre-Gillingham I said anything less than five points from Gills, Pompey, Bolton and I'd be in the Adkins out camp. Unfortunately that has come to pass with only 2 points.

Is the Rotherham game postponed for internationals yet? We need to target the 16th (away @ Lincoln) as the reset to our season with a new man in charge otherwise this could get really ugly really quickly.
    Rotherham isn’t officially postponed, but it will be, so I make you right on targeting the Lincoln match as the second “first match” of the season
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    According to a player Adkins barely says a word in the dressing room before the game or at half time.
    I can believe that. I think his coaching team were the tactical men and he was the Mr Motivator. In fact this has become crystal clear. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    According to a player Adkins barely says a word in the dressing room before the game or at half time.
    Same one as before?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Bloody saves it for 7 minute monologues on Valley Pass speaking to Minto and talking nonsense 
  • Options
    Our defending is a complete and utter joke. No idea how it has become so bad but something needs to change and I include the entire first team coaching staff in that statement as well as the manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Name the leader on the pitch 
  • Options
    Minto: "Still waiting for Nigel to come out".

Sorry Scott, looks like you'll have to fill in for another 10 minutes still!

(And if you're looking to fill time, Deano isn't the man to have next to you!)
  • Options
    Adkins has to go but the players are an utter disgrace too. There are several of them I hope I never see in a Charlton shirt again. 
    You mean Laurel and Hardy our left and right backs?
  • Options
    The worst part about this purgatory is if we continue to doss about in the relegation zone we again won't get our recruitment done early next season either "not knowing what division we'll be in"
  • Options
    Curbs has just said "Excuses are now gone!" we have to win next game...end of! Deano agreeing.
    and also time for NA to say this is my team and this is my shape. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    What makes you think he hasn’t lost the side?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I can believe that. I think his coaching team were the tactical men and he was the Mr Motivator. In fact this has become crystal clear. 
    If players are doing that then they really need to stop pointing the finger. 

Whoever you know J Block sounds like a whingeing bastard