Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Can we possibly be that bad in the second half?
    We can be worse.
    That’s reassuring 
  • Options
    Very concerning. Nothing at all to be encouraged about. Can't be worse in the second half but if we concede I fear it could end up 3 or 4 a bit like the Bolton game.
  • Options
    I’m not criticising Brownie for his negative comments because he’s right a lot of the time.
    But it’s really depressing to listen to a club legend describing pretty much everything the current team is doing as inadequate.
    Well i am depressed that he is talking the bleeding  obvious.
  • Options
    I’m not criticising Brownie for his negative comments because he’s right a lot of the time.
    But it’s really depressing to listen to a club legend describing pretty much everything the current team is doing as inadequate.
    To be fair he’s not far wrong since the substitution was made 😞
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    We are so easy to play against

Every team knows that our wingers can't defend and exploit us down the flanks. Game after game after game
  • Options
    We’ve been lucky Lincoln haven’t been a bit sharper 
  • Options
    I'm grateful for his honesty, it would be far more annoying if it was glossed over with faux positivity. 
  • Options
    Need to sub Kirk off, move Gilbey to the ten role perhaps bring on Watson to plug the gap in midfield.

Not impressed with Soare, Famewo or CBT today. Famewo resorting to hoofball.
    Lets hope they have a sort out during ht.

2 week break and we look clueless after having to make a change, that's down to the coaching. Screaming at the players from the touch line speaks volumes about the management .
  • Options
    Junk football. Getting overrun in midfield. Letting the opposition get behind them on both flanks. Defence fannying around in possession because they don’t trust midfield not to loose it. Our long aimless balls aren't even going up the pitch, they're going into touch. Pathetic!

The one positive is that the crowd have, so far, been quite forgiving. Can't see that lasting unless there's a major change.
  • Options
    After the Bolton game we could have got in a new manager, complete new coaching staff, had the Fleetwood game as a free hit and at least had a good couple of weeks of actually coaching us to look like a team which knows what it’s doing.

Instead we are left with this, where again we barely resemble a set of players who have played together. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't you just love league one football
    Hopefully league two will be even better.
    Kindly leave the stage...thank yooooouuu B)
  • Options
    Wonder if Thomas kept the receipt for Kirk?  Sounding increasingly like a dud. 
  • Options
    Well that was a shit first half. Only positive is it’s 0-0.
  • Options
     This is as bad as it comes, they are as bad as us but the most likely to score, which shows how bad we are...Lee going off didn't help but that's no excuse...they are stripping us down the wings and always have 2 against 1 on either flank....
  • Options
    The half time interview with the American addick is more entertaining than the game, by some distance.
    Highlight being him talking about his daughter loving Ben Amos and Scotty glossing over it.
    Cute kid too. 😃
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    At the game.  Was ready to give the team and NA the benefit of the doubt after Fleetwood (begrudgingly).  Nothing’s changed for me.  Can’t get out of our half, no movement.  Gunter as captain is ridiculous.  He’s not a talker, not someone to fire them up.  Lavelle and Famewo look awkward, and for some reason our only play at the moment is to go through them out from the back.

A lot of anonymous performances, Davison working hard but it’s like watching a dog run after a tennis ball he’s never going to get hold off.

I don’t think NA has any other play than bringing Stockley on, but it’s pointless based on our poor we’ve been so far.

It’s definitely NA’s lack of ideas tactically, but the players just aren’t good enough.  I think we’re in big trouble this season 
    Agree with everything but the last line. I think we have enough talent in this squad but they are poorly managed and coached currently.
  • Options
    Probably hoping for that Leko moment of quality to get us a result today. I imagine Leko is probably being triple marked now Lee has come off.
  • Options
    What a great little video with the guy from Nth America and his wonderful little daughter, get him on as a regular he was very entertaining, and has a nice group of Nth American Addicks set up B)
  • Options
    Kirk just wants to be a nice player. I did mention that I wasn't impressed with him against us in the Crewe game but was more or less told that he destroyed us and I was wrong. 

I found it all quite simple and obvious play. To me he doesn't seem to be able to hit the ball hard or at any reasonable distance! I want him to do well, so come on Kirky!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Charlton TV at half time has at least cheered me up a bit, I enjoyed the interview with the fan in the states! 

I imagine he doesn’t have the heart to tell his daughter about Amos 😅
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     This is as bad as it comes, they are as bad as us but the most likely to score, which shows how bad we are...Lee going off didn't help but that's no excuse...they are stripping us down the wings and always have 2 against 1 on either flank....
    Lincoln have been toothless but playing much better football than us
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    At the game.  Was ready to give the team and NA the benefit of the doubt after Fleetwood (begrudgingly).  Nothing’s changed for me.  Can’t get out of our half, no movement.  Gunter as captain is ridiculous.  He’s not a talker, not someone to fire them up.  Lavelle and Famewo look awkward, and for some reason our only play at the moment is to go through them out from the back.

A lot of anonymous performances, Davison working hard but it’s like watching a dog run after a tennis ball he’s never going to get hold off.

I don’t think NA has any other play than bringing Stockley on, but it’s pointless based on our poor we’ve been so far.

It’s definitely NA’s lack of ideas tactically, but the players just aren’t good enough.  I think we’re in big trouble this season 
    I hate liking this, but it's how I feel.

Unless there are big changes, and soon, there's only one way we'll be heading.
  • Options
    only one thing will stop our downward spiral, sadly I don’t think TS has the balls to pull the trigger.
    it’s the same old system and players that have got us into this predicament, the manager is shit, wake up and smell the coffee.TS.
  • Options
    Purrington for Kirk might be a wise move.

Is he on the bench?
    Nope
    What about Clare?
  • Options
    Purrington for Kirk might be a wise move.

Is he on the bench?
    Nope
    What about Clare?
    No but old man Watson is
  • Options
    Kirk back to the wing thank god. 4-4-2. They can surely know how to play this way
  • Options
    Wonder if Thomas kept the receipt for Kirk?  Sounding increasingly like a dud. 
    Unfortunately he was on the same receipt as Ronnie boy &  I'm afraid he took it away with him. 
  • Options
    Very surprised NA brought on CBT so we now have two lightweight wingers on the pitch plus Leco. 
    Leco is playing isn't he?
  • Options
    Exactly - we will get told that CBT was brought on because he's lightning etc, but that's not what we are debating.
  • Options
    Sort it out NA this is once again shockingly shite…ain’t got a fuckin clue,2 wks we have waited for this…& we are still fuckin shit…

well done the travelling support u are loud & proud,keep it going…👍
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!