Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeff Stelling to leave Soccer Saturday at the end of this season

Comments

• Options
    sounds like they can't find anyone suitable...........
  • Options
    £££££££££££
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Rothko said:

It's threads like this, that remind me, that it's white older straight men, who are the biggest snowflakes of them all
    So what makes you think it's perfectly fine to stereotype people by their race, age and sexuality?

It does nobody any good. Shame on you.
    Still waiting for an answer to that question by the way.
  • Options
    So it seems it wasn't all a woke/BLM plot after all.

What a surprise 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    If they could have found someone who ticked those boxes, but had similar broadcasting traits to that of Jeff, then I am sure they would have.
    Stelling should have just left the show to plummet, as it has over the years.
  • Options

What a surprise 
    Stelling made it fairly well known he wasn't happy with his mates being sacked and that was why he decided to leave but has had a u turn for some reason.. I guess money or influence on how show is run.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

What a surprise 
    Stelling made it fairly well known he wasn't happy with his mates being sacked and that was why he decided to leave but has had a u turn for some reason.. I guess money or influence on how show is run.
    Money i guess then because what can he change about the way the show is run?

Preview the big games, read out scores and scorers as they happen, throw in a few facts and one liners, get updates around the grounds, read out full times, get match reports. Not really much to change.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

What a surprise 
    The entire thing is about money.  And so what, stelling is within his right to seek a better contract if that’s how he feels.

For anyone who thinks that Sky or any other “MSM” outlet is going to sack all its middle aged white men for “wokeness” if it damages its bottom line then you must’ve skipped business studies.
  • Options
    I think it was more about where he might go next to broadcast. He would take a big audience with him, and maybe the programme sponsors too. 
    Not convinced it’s all about money, my guess is he has gained some degree of  “editorial control”. 
  • Options
    I think it was more about where he might go next to broadcast. He would take a big audience with him, and maybe the programme sponsors too. 
    Not convinced it’s all about money, my guess is he has gained some degree of  “editorial control”. 
    Maybe join Keys & Gray
    on beIN ? 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that’s saved us from some 28 year old bird who kept goal for a couple games being installed as a Premier / EFL football expert.

Go on bring it on….. 
  • Options
    Well that’s saved us from some 28 year old bird who kept goal for a couple games being installed as a Premier / EFL football expert.

Go on bring it on….. 
    Wait till you hear about how many games the guy who this entire thread is based on has played.
  • Options
    Broadcaster Jeff Stelling has announced he will leave Sky Sports' flagship Soccer Saturday show next month.
    The 68-year-old's final show will be on Sunday, 28 May - the last day of the 2022-23 Premier League campaign.

"It is groundhog day, it is that time of the year, every year, where I announce I am leaving Sky Sports and Soccer Saturday," Stelling joked.

"But this time it is true."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65437419

• Options
    clive said:
    Broadcaster Jeff Stelling has announced he will leave Sky Sports' flagship Soccer Saturday show next month.
    The 68-year-old's final show will be on Sunday, 28 May - the last day of the 2022-23 Premier League campaign.

"It is groundhog day, it is that time of the year, every year, where I announce I am leaving Sky Sports and Soccer Saturday," Stelling joked.

Suggestions to replace him/his role?
  • Options
    clive said:

Nobody, bin off Sky in his memory, shut the whole thing down

stop all the clocks, silence the telephone etc
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    clive said:

Nobody, bin off Sky in his memory, shut the whole thing down

stop all the clocks, silence the telephone etc
    Would Julian (Jules) step up ?  He does the midweek games so a natural successor. Or are Sky wanting a more "prominent" frontman ??

I advocate Scotty Minto !
  • Options
    Shame Hartlepool won’t be playing on his last day, would have been great if they won for him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A couple of years ago when we won 4-0 at Hartlepool, we scored something like three in five minutes in the second half. Jeffs response was to throw his hands up and say “Please stop, we surrender!” A hard act to follow.

I See Souness is hanging up his microphone as well, he was one of the best pundits on the live games IMO.
  • Options
    I doubt it will ever be quite the same. Some things are what they are because of what they are. 
  • Options
    A couple of years ago when we won 4-0 at Hartlepool, we scored something like three in five minutes in the second half. Jeffs response was to throw his hands up and say “Please stop, we surrender!” A hard act to follow.

I See Souness is hanging up his microphone as well, he was one of the best pundits on the live games IMO.
    How could anyone think this - bloke is an absolute clown.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:

Do you like marmite? 🧐
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    arny23394 said:

Oh alright then

Regards
    Charlie Cairoli
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Hopefully the new crop of pundits will actually have some brain cells. 

Did think Jeff Stelling did well at presenting though, even if he's just reading from a teleprompter and notes. 
  • Options
    I just hope whoever the new presenters are that they are not from Liverpool. 
    Far too many scouse accents on TV as it is.
    Bin dipping knobs