Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeff Stelling to leave Soccer Saturday at the end of this season

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Simply irreplaceable an absolute master of his job .
  • Options
    Jeff and the boys was compulsive viewing. At times juvenile, always hilarious and Jeff had a way of making the viewer feel part of the gang.
    But of course, that boys club mentality is old hat nowadays, inclusivity has to be extended and catered for, quite rightly.
    Think he'll be sorely missed by a lot of people though.
    I know I will
  • Options
    Hopefully the new crop of pundits will actually have some brain cells. 

Did think Jeff Stelling did well at presenting though, even if he's just reading from a teleprompter and notes. 
    I can’t tell if that’s a tongue in cheek comment or not!
  • Options
    Hasn’t he retired as often as Sinatra?

• Options
    I think Scott Minto might fit the bill.🤔
  • Options
    I think Scott Minto might fit the bill.🤔
    Minto would be good - has the right personality.
  • Options
    I saw some of BT's version a couple of weeks back and the pundits on there spent more than half of their time creasing up at each other, finding an astonishing amount of mundane jokes way too funny. I get that the 'banter' is part of the show, it was just way too much on BT. Stelling had it nailed when it came to finding the balance. Running such a hectic show with so many voices in the ear takes a very talented presenter, finding one that knows when to be funny and when to focus is just as big an issue. 
  • Options
    Maybe he's leaving because of the end to his morning Soccer AM slot on Shocker Saturday also?
  • Options
    SKY Sports’ Adam Smith is in pole position to replace Jeff Stelling as host of Soccer Saturday.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22217595/adam-smith-smithy-replace-jeff-stelling-soccer-saturday/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    SKY Sports’ Adam Smith is in pole position to replace Jeff Stelling as host of Soccer Saturday.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22217595/adam-smith-smithy-replace-jeff-stelling-soccer-saturday/
    Baby Elvis?
  • Options
    The show is going to struggle without Jeff. 
    It’s like Moyes replacing Sir Alex. 
    Can’t wait for Jeff’s gardening leave to be over, and get him back behind the desk somewhere on TV footy. 
  • Options
    Footy. Football FFS
    You will enjoy the new format
  • Options
    Expect Simon Thomas will be a great fill-in for Jeff.
  • Options
    Expect Simon john Thomas will be a great fill-in for Jeff.

• Options
    Simon Thomas must wonder what he's done to deserve this - today he's got the "dream team" of Merson, Morrison, Dawson and Sherwood! 

Sue Smith far and away the best pundit on there today in terms of actually saying and describing what's happening/happened.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Simon Thomas must wonder what he's done to deserve this - today he's got the "dream team" of Merson, Morrison, Dawson and Sherwood! 

Sue Smith far and away the best pundit on there today in terms of actually saying and describing what's happening/happened.
    But it’ll be Sue Smith that the masses have a problem with
  • Options
    Stelling is joining TalkSport later, just part time it seems