Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

BTW ..... I've got a family funeral tomorrow. I won't be around to put up a Match thread.

If someone else can step in and put the Match Thread up, please?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

BTW ..... I've got a family funeral tomorrow. I won't be around to put up a Match thread.

If someone else can step in and put the Match Thread up, please?
    All the best Oggy
  • Options
    Obviously I'd like the win but I've a feeling in my waters this is going to be 2-2.
  • Options
    Very difficult fixture, but they are due a defeat 2-1 Charlton. 
  • Options
    Big month ahead for us. Shows how poor we have been this season that back to back win have left us join above the relegation zone on goal difference.

Going to be a tough test on Tuesday, but think we will see another strong showing.

Think it will be a 0-0 which will probably be a good point for us.

• Options
    Big month ahead for us. Shows how poor we have been this season that back to back win have left us join above the relegation zone on goal difference.

Going to be a tough test on Tuesday, but think we will see another strong showing.

Think it will be a 0-0 which will probably be a good point for us.

If we keep getting clean sheets we'll soon climb the table.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I would take a point from this to continue the improvement.

Very much think this is game we can win though aslong we keep the discipline on show last couple of games.

2-1 Charlton. Stockley and Gilbey.   
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Looking forward to this. For the first time in a long time, Saturday felt like normal ‘Charlton’ again. We’ve got Johnnie Jackson as our manager, no ownership dramas and a team starting to take shape. 

There’s no chance we’ll get the playoffs, but I hope JJ can keep this run going and have the summer to build a team in his image. 
    These days, Rotherham are too good for League One so I expect a real tough game. If we win, then we’ll begin our climb into the top half, lose and it’s a chance to learn and regroup.

1-2 Rotherham. Lee.
  • Options
    ROTHERHAM FANS revel in Sunderland’s Twitter meltdown after thrashing

There is a running joke among Rotherham fans on Twitter when opposition fans take umbrage at losing to the Millers.

Sunday, 31st October 2021, 10:48 am

“We should not be losing to teams like Rotherham” they say on social media as if doing so is the ultimate insult.

Sunderland fans, not so long ago of the Premier League, were the latest to be unable to conceive the idea of being beaten by the Millers.

The truth is they weren't just beaten at the AESSEAL New York Stadium. They were walloped.

Maybe more teams in League One should try and be like Rotherham.

The Millers are on a journey that, if things carry on in this fashion, will end up in an instant return to the Championship.

After beating Portsmouth 4-1 and MK Dons 3-0 they put another so-called promotion rival to the sword, posting a 5-1 win.

They did so with such gusto, vigour and high energy that when it hits top gear is impossible to stop.

Michael Smith scored two more, to take his tally to 13 for the season, Freddie Ladapo also grabbed a brace and Michael Ihiekwe found the back of the net.

Sunderland were briefly level in the first half when Ross Stewart blotted the Millers' copybook, but they were blown away afterwards and were out of the game even before Aiden McGeady was sent off for two yellow cards.

The win made it 11 games unbeaten in all competitions and something special is brewing.

“I still think the lads have got more,” boss Paul Warne said. “I am really pleased with the performance, a 5-1 win at home to anyone is a great day.

“We played well today, there is no grey area, I thought all the performances were great.

“We have had better performances, but it is always about scoring.

“We haven't been as clinical in the other games but today we were. The sending off has had a big effect on the outcome but we were the better side, I'm happy to say that.”

Fourth-placed Rotherham are back in action on Tuesday when they take on Charlton Athletic (7:45pm kick-off).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tough game a real test, just like Sunderland. Will take 0-0  1-1 right now. Heart say 1-0 head says 0-1. 
    !

COYRS!!
  • Options
    Would love a win, would take a point, will will not be down if we lose as they look a good side.
  • Options
    Were Rotherham the first team we played under Floodlights at the Valley ?
  • Options
    Were Rotherham the first team we played under Floodlights at the Valley ?

• Options
    No doubt they are an inform side in this league but we are too and unbeaten since Jackson took over. Furthermore teams that score 5 rarely score highly the next game. Despite being 5th from bottom, if we win this our season is back on. 
    2-0 Addicks

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Sage said:
    I think an untimely yellow card has meant that Rotherham has lost a player for Tuesday who is a big part of how they play. Maybe somebody could tell me who he is, but that is what I heard! It may be Smith which the preview identified as the player to stop.
    From my research, Smith picked up his 4th booking of the season on Saturday so is one away from suspension. That’s why I included him. Of course, my research could’ve been wrong but we shall see.
    Rotherham fans weren’t sure either, but looks like he’s available. Which is a shame 😉

https://www.millersbanter.co.uk/t67979996/vs-charlton/
    "Charlton are a decent side on paper and after getting shut of Mr Happy they now seem to have sorted themselves out with 2 good wins on the bounce."

:D 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Elewere in the under 23s today so must be in the 18 for tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Heart ruling head here, going for another 3 points in the bag 2-0...Lee double..
    Some talk about them scoring 5 past that Sunderland load of moaners, they should be thanking us for softening them up last week, different kettle of feesh  Tuesday now Jacko has got us playing as a team and believing in each other, really looking forward to this one...COYR B)
  • Options
    I've got a positive feeling about this one, I think we're going to nick it 1 - 0.
  • Options
    My daughter's working - does anyone know what time the turnstiles close? If she arrives at 8.30 will she get in?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Good write-up Sage, but I think he will keep Elerewe on the bench

Southbank said:
    No Elewere in the under 23s today so must be in the 18 for tomorrow night.
    My thinking yesterday
  • Options
    Caught some of this Sunderland Fan TV live last night, they're talking about their Rotherham capitulation. 

Liked the format, thought the guy at the bottom would be a shoe in for Auf Wiedersehen Pet should there ever be a remake - gets quite sweary at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELBeXDy0On0