Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:

BTW ..... I've got a family funeral tomorrow. I won't be around to put up a Match thread.

If someone else can step in and put the Match Thread up, please?
    Condolences mate 😞. @aliwibble
    Sorry to hear that @Oggy Red. I will endeavour to deputise if not necessarily to your usual high standards. Thanks for the heads up @RedChaser.
  • Options
    Jackson's position and Charlton's attempt to reignite their season may be defined by the next three games. Rotherham, Burton and Plymouth are as tough as it gets, take seven points from nine and there is a good chance we can get close to the play off positions by Christmas. Prediction, two one to the addicks.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Did not realise that Richie Barker, former assistant to Robinson at CAFC and former Sheffield Weds striker, is Charlie Barker’s old man. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Were Rotherham the first team we played under Floodlights at the Valley ?

This post just reminded me, Did our floodlights  get switched on against Donny ? 
  • Options
    To be fair, the scale of the scoreline may have had something to do with the sending off. It will be an interesting game.
  • Options
    To be fair, the scale of the scoreline may have had something to do with the sending off. It will be an interesting game.
    Quite possibly it was 3-1 when McGeady got sent off.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews or Clare in for Jaiyesimi, just to protect the defence a little more.

Otherwise I'd change diddly squat

I agree. DJ did a good job but came under no  pressure. Clare or Matthews would still give us some attacking threat but would help to keep Rotherham out. If we had to attack to get a result then DJ or CBT could come on later.
    I think this may be a bit of a backs to the wall game. If we can keep them out for an hour we may get a result, but concede an early goal then I think we'd be done for.
    Should be a good game.
  • Options
    Play Matthews, a man who can barely cross, as our sole right flank presence? That'd be both cowardly and stupid. DJ is a confidence player; he'll be confident, let him at Rotherham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I swear some of you have an inner Bowyer yelling inside your heads 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I swear some of you have an inner Bowyer yelling inside your heads 
    “Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer” 😉
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Leuth said:
    Maybe give Elliott Lee a rest for this one, play Watson, really shore things up, plus he can do headers when they win corners like when he won the FA Cup but at the other end
    Harry Arter’s back in training and will be available soon 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    Maybe give Elliott Lee a rest for this one, play Watson, really shore things up, plus he can do headers when they win corners like when he won the FA Cup but at the other end
    Bring him in for Washington. Give us some real tenacity and nip when their defenders have the ball
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    Bring him in for Washington. Give us some real tenacity and nip when their defenders have the ball
    🎼Harry, oh Harry Arter runs down the wing for me 🎼😉
  • Options
    Very tough opposition on a great run.  Win this and expectations will start to shift a little towards a chance of doing more than reaching mid table.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Toughest game ever. Play everybody 6ft plus including all our youth team goalkeepers as defenders.
  • Options
    1-1 Good team, not a disaster but i hope i am wrong :) 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Leuth said:
    Play Matthews, a man who can barely cross, as our sole right flank presence? That'd be both cowardly and stupid. DJ is a confidence player; he'll be confident, let him at Rotherham
    Rotherham have proper wingbacks who have played in that position all season. DJ has played wingback for an hour (probably in his whole career) against the worst team in the division against whom he had to do no defending.
    But why not let him be destroyed, it will do his fragile confidence the world of good. Or ma ybe play Kirk there, also a confidence player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many managers now have said we have unbelievable players? 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Good write-up Sage, but I think he will keep Elerewe on the bench

That's why Deji didn't play for U23 today.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:

BTW ..... I've got a family funeral tomorrow. I won't be around to put up a Match thread.

If someone else can step in and put the Match Thread up, please?
    Condolences mate 😞. @aliwibble
    Sorry to hear that @Oggy Red. I will endeavour to deputise if not necessarily to your usual high standards. Thanks for the heads up @RedChaser.
    Many thanks, Ali   @aliwibble

RedChaser and Forever also. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Leuth said:
    Rotherham have proper wingbacks who have played in that position all season. DJ has played wingback for an hour (probably in his whole career) against the worst team in the division against whom he had to do no defending.
    But why not let him be destroyed, it will do his fragile confidence the world of good. Or ma ybe play Kirk there, also a confidence player.
    Pretty sure he's played the role for Swindon. And Gunter would be an extra line of defence if they were attacking down that side...
  • Options
    Playing THE in form team wont be easy, especially midweek under lights. It's been a good few years since we last won one of those (in front of a crowd). If we do happen to win then I'll be singing along with Davy Jones, but sadly I fear that my singing talents will have to remain unheard.

0-2.
  • Options
    It has been an impressive turn around under Jacko but I think this one comes to early for what he is trying to achieve. Plenty of effort from the boys but we'll fall short. 1-2 home loss unfortunately. Hope I'm proved wrong!
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. Midweek kick off, the clocks changed. So sensible kick off time for a change. Win lose or draw doesn't matter if we battle the way we have the last two games. 

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    I heard he was out for 10 months with cruciate ligament damage.
  • Options
    Cope with Smith and we have a chance.