Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I think we're only going to improve at this stage. We'll want it more than Rotherham and our quality will shine through. Statement-making 3-0 win.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    After JFC returns I'd say we're one shit-hot forward away, especially if Deji signs 
    if i could only sign one player in the window, it would be a 'shit hot forward' (assuming Lavelle is back by then)  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Leuth said:
    After JFC returns I'd say we're one shit-hot forward away, especially if Deji signs 
    if i could only sign one player in the window, it would be a 'shit hot forward' (assuming Lavelle is back by then)  

Agree with you and Leuth but too many times it's hasn't been "hot forward" but has been "shit" 

With some exceptions, like killer, Super Clive and Jimmy Melrose to name just 3.
  • Options
    I don't expect a win but it is possible. A draw would be a good result.
    I think maybe this match is a free hit, isn't it? @golfaddick
  • Options
    Back to back clean sheet wins - comfortable 2-0 victory.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    Maybe give Elliott Lee a rest for this one, play Watson, really shore things up, plus he can do headers when they win corners like when he won the FA Cup but at the other end
    Harry Arter’s back in training and will be available soon 😉
    I heard he was out for 10 months with cruciate ligament damage.
    For those who've not read the Harry Arter thread, this is a reference to a Football Manager screenshot that someone posted on there.
  • Options
    Think we will give it a good go tonight but think Rotherham will just have the edge. 2-3 defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Back to back clean sheet wins - comfortable 2-0 victory.
    It already is 1-0, 4-0 can we make it a hat trick?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Getting a little buzz of excitement for this one as kick off draws nearer. Rotherham being pretty much bang in form is going to be a big test for us and will potentially be an indicator to show if JJ has got what he needs to secure himself the managers job full time.

Winning would be brilliant of course, a draw I would take in a heartbeat but even if we lose it would be the manner of the defeat that would need dissecting. Let’s face it the majority of our defeats this season have been cluelessly meek surrenders but I’d accept defeat tonight if we play in an organised manner, match them across the pitch yet subsequently lose to a team with a bit more class. I can accept losing if the team leaves everything on the pitch after ninety plus minutes.

Going for a 2 - 2 draw with heads held high.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Surprised how many people are confident that we’ll win. 

I think this will be a really tough game to get anything out of. I’m interested to see if the players can keep up the level of intensity that they’ve shown in the previous two games. 

For the first time in a while, it’s so nice to feel that connection between fans and the players/management.
  • Options
    Rotherham are very good at this level and I am surprised they cannot stay up in the Championship. This will be tough as others have said but with the right team selection  maybe....1-1.
  • Options
    Rotherham are a great example of a side who keep a good spine and build around it , I don’t think their squad is a better overall quality than ours just much more gelled and together 
  • Options
    They are the in-form team team....I think we will be lucky to get a draw
  • Options
    Looking forward tonight and girlfriend working late so I'll get some peace whilst I watch it. 

When does the Charlton TV Pre-show start? Half hour before KO? 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    They are the in-form team team....I think we will be lucky to get a draw
    All runs of form come to an end. 
  • Options
    So do we all agree now that this isn't the worst team in our history ?

A fit Ryan Inniss would have been a bonus to have got to grips with Michael Smith but we need to play our football and be clinical in front of goal.

Agree with AUN, as long as we leave it all on the pitch then that is progress. The only aim we should have is to put distance between ourselves and the bottom 4, if we are mid table by new year's Day we can have a reassessment. 

Rotherham are on 30 points and we are on 15 so not sure how anyone can be confident?

Quietly optimistic is allowed.

Draw is likely.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Rotherham are a great example of a side who keep a good spine and build around it , I don’t think their squad is a better overall quality than ours just much more gelled and together 
    Rotherham are a very good L1 side, hence they regularly get promoted, but struggle to stay in the Championship.

Not having star individuals, they don't tend to be plundered too much on relegation either, so can keep the core of their team.

Tough opponents, I'd be happy with a draw tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward tonight and girlfriend working late so I'll get some peace whilst I watch it. 

Normally 45 minutes beforehand
  • Options
    Reckon we are going to surprise a few and grab a 2-0 win
  • Options

Thank you!
  • Options
    I am genuinely looking forward to this match for the first time in a very long time. It might be that it was two matches of false dawn and we revert to Charltoning our way through the season, but we do actually have a decent squad and we seem to have a manager capable of bringing that out of them, and that manager is one of my favourite ever Charlton players from one of my favourite ever Charlton periods. Ten years after maybe my favourite ever Charlton season Jackson is putting out the team and so far they seem to be trying. It's nice actually wanting the football to happen for once.
  • Options

Thank you!
    Starts at 7pm tonight.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    “I spoke to Lee [Johnson] about them at the weekend because they went up and beat Sunderland at Sunderland...

and he spent 30 minutes moaning that Stockley should have been sent off, and that they should have had a penalty, until I told him to stop whingeing and walked out.
    “I spoke to Lee [Johnson] about them at the weekend because they went up and beat Sunderland at Sunderland...”
    “…and was surprised to find out that Jayden Stockley is now serving a three match ban for murdering one of the Sunderland players. I have to admit, I’m impressed that he managed to score from prison on Saturday. Maybe @AddickUpNorth let him out for the weekend.”
  • Options
    MattF said:
    “I spoke to Lee [Johnson] about them at the weekend because they went up and beat Sunderland at Sunderland...

and he spent 30 minutes moaning that Stockley should have been sent off, and that they should have had a penalty, until I told him to stop whingeing and walked out.
    “I spoke to Lee [Johnson] about them at the weekend because they went up and beat Sunderland at Sunderland...”
    “…and was surprised to find out that Jayden Stockley is now serving a three match ban for murdering one of the Sunderland players. I have to admit, I’m impressed that he managed to score from prison on Saturday. Maybe @AddickUpNorth let him out for the weekend.”
    "I spoke to Lee [Johnson] about them at the weekend because they went up and beat Sunderland at Sunderland..."
    "Ended up with a bad back from having to lean down to hear him as they forgot his step..."
  • Options
    Been to every single home game this season bar the Crewe and Donny games. It's November and I still haven't seen a win at the Valley, tonight is going to be the night. 

On the slim slim slim chance we can get anything from this season, we basically need to go on a stupid run of form. Need to be beating everyone in the league, starting tonight. 
  • Options
    3-2
    94th minute winner in front of the Covered End.

Then lose on saturday.
  • Options
    3-2
    94th minute winner in front of the Covered End.

Then lose on saturday.
    I'd take that Tbf