Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Student of mine said 6-1 win. I'll keep his number of goals but change it to a 4-3 win
  • Options
    I genuinely think we have built Rotherham up on this board to be someting they're not - admittedly i haven't seen them play but its similar to players like Kirk and some of Crewe's other one's we 'missed out on' - if they were that good, Crewe would have been promotion candidates last year surely. Its a shame if Leko is missing coz i think he is a cut above and Pearce needs to be at his bristling / aggressive best but i think we can beat anybody in this division if we get our tactics right. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Been to every single home game this season bar the Crewe and Donny games. It's November and I still haven't seen a win at the Valley, tonight is going to be the night. 

That's cursed us! When we lose it'll be your fault 😂
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    All this playing for the shirt, out working other teams only goes so far. Hence Stuart Pearce got found out as a manager

Hope it’s not tonight but we’ll find out how good Jackson is when things don’t go so well. 

Going to go for 1-1, they score early and the crowd goes quiet, we sneak a late equaliser 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I genuinely think we have built Rotherham up on this board to be someting they're not - admittedly i haven't seen them play but its similar to players like Kirk and some of Crewe's other one's we 'missed out on' - if they were that good, Crewe would have been promotion candidates last year surely. Its a shame if Leko is missing coz i think he is a cut above and Pearce needs to be at his bristling / aggressive best but i think we can beat anybody in this division if we get our tactics right. 
    Rotherham were in the Championship last year..
  • Options
    Think this is another free hit like the Sunderland game .. if we had played this game when we should most likey would have lost …. anything we get is a bonus 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think this is a free hit at all. Although I'm not gonna be upset at all if we lose, it'll be a good indication of where we really are under Jackson. 

Doncaster was the free hit because they're a terrible team. 
  • Options
    I agree. A free hit how I see it is not a game you are happy to lose, or indeed will lose. But if you play well enough and lose it won't derail your progress.
  • Options
    Jackson was right when he said Sunderland wasn’t a free hit. No game at this level is. Rotherham have lost 3 and drawn 3 this season, they’re not unbeaten and flying at the top of the league.

It’s that sort of mentality that gives the players excuses. Instead they’ve been pushed to work harder and given confidence and they’ve won twice with two clean sheets.
  • Options
    Don't think this is a free hit at all. Although I'm not gonna be upset at all if we lose, it'll be a good indication of where we really are under Jackson. 

Doncaster was the free hit because they're a terrible team. 
    Disagree that Donny was a free hit, that was Sunderland. Donny was a must win game. Every game against the bottom sides is.
  • Options
    Darn....blocked off my work calendar starting at 2.30 p.m. for 2.45 p.m. kick-off and then forgot UK is only 4 hours ahead.....so 3.45 p.m. instead....will knock off early
  • Options
    Similar problem. I might as well not be at work from 13.45 onwards.
  • Options
    Surely you guys have better things to do with your time anyway, like go to a rodeo, or eat a giant ice-cream, or Nascar?
  • Options
    Rotherham United should never be seen as a free hit for us.
    The mentality from here on this season has to be we’re in every game to win. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Surely you guys have better things to do with your time anyway, like go to a rodeo, or eat a giant ice-cream, or Nascar?
    That's a good shout actually. @ct_addick do you fancy letting off some steam at the shooting range later, then heading down to the honky-tonk for corn dogs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    That's a good shout actually. @ct_addick do you fancy letting off some steam at the shooting range later, then heading down to the honky-tonk for corn dogs?
    Sounds great I can bring the PB&J sandwiches
  • Options
    Sounds good bro
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Rotherham United should never be seen as a free hit for us.
    The mentality from here on this season has to be we’re in every game to win. 
    I think it is a pointless discussion really as people have different interpretations of what a free hit means. So disagreeing will simply be disagreeing with your own interpretation. For instance, you can still believe we can win every game and see a game as a free hit. 
  • Options
    Only change to my predicted side is as others rightly pointed out, Elewere in for Matthews and as I thought would happen that Kirk comes back into the squad.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Only change to my predicted side is as others rightly pointed out, Elewere in for Matthews and as I thought would happen that Kirk comes back into the squad.
    Surprised to see you back after you told me you were deserting to ITTV