Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• I’ve I’ve heard the latter. I was told this was the case with Leko. Adkins didn’t want him and TS pushed it through 
  • Maccn05 said:
    I’ve I’ve heard the latter. I was told this was the case with Leko. Adkins didn’t want him and TS pushed it through 
    And what about Bowyer?
  • Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    So JJ’s the bad guy if he talks about his contract but Sandgaard is ok to leak out intricate details of his staff’s contract of employment?

Seems like JJ is the third manager out of three that’s fallen out with Sandgaard. I wonder what’s the connection. 

Worse for me was the last line that Sandgaard has the final say on transfers because from I’ve been told… he’s not just signing the cheque.
    Have Bowyer, Adkins and Jackson all fallen out with Sandgaard?
    What a load of old tosh …. All owners and chairman have the final say in transfers after all they have to sign them off …. if JJ had fallen out with TS or Adkins for that matter they would have been gone lot sooner in Adkins case then he was .. TS was very reluctant to sack him and in fact said he wanted Adkins to succeed ..
  • Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    I’ve I’ve heard the latter. I was told this was the case with Leko. Adkins didn’t want him and TS pushed it through 
    And what about Bowyer?
    Tbf there was an interview with TS, possibly around last January, where he said he did more than writing the cheques and had vetoed transfers for footballing reasons. 

I am sure that was when Bowyer was the manager.

I have no idea about Leko but I know for a fact that there was one player Adkins categorically did not want and was told he had to for "reasons". 
  • Apologies if already mentioned but some good honest comments from KR on JJ in the SLP:

https://t.co/ln5qovn3fX
  • mendonca said:
    I feel a Grapevine post coming.
    Hopefully he hold off posting until 3pm so I have something to read during the game. 
  • Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    And what about Bowyer?
    I don't think Bowyer fell out with TS per se, however Bowyer had got used to having autonomy on recruitment albeit with Driesen in the background but I think he was made aware their would be a different structure to recruitment. If you include the introduction of Roddy and some reading between the lines of Bowyer comments, he wasn't happy about something, my bet it was how recruitment was going to be done in the future.  
  • Maccn05 said:
    So JJ’s the bad guy if he talks about his contract but Sandgaard is ok to leak out intricate details of his staff’s contract of employment?

Seems like JJ is the third manager out of three that’s fallen out with Sandgaard. I wonder what’s the connection. 

Worse for me was the last line that Sandgaard has the final say on transfers because from I’ve been told… he’s not just signing the cheque.
    I know you don't like Sandgaard but Christ this is a stretch. Jackson isn't the bad guy just for talking about his contract, people are raising their concerns that he seems to be complaining about a contract he signed in a way that's potentially destabilising for the team and frankly a little dishonest. Sandgaard isn't leaking anything here, he's explained how the manager's contract works. If we didn't know that information people would be very quick to complain about a lack of transparency wouldn't they?
    I don’t think anyone’s contract of employment should be in the public domain and certainly not via a club written PR statement.

I’m not a fan of the Sandgaard personality but I judge his actions running the club with impartiality. If he does well I I’ll praise if he doesn’t I’ll criticise. Just happens that there’s more bad than good IMO

JJ’s done nothing that any other manager wouldn’t do every week with regards to budgets, strategy, signings and contracts… they are all at it,
    so I don’t understand why people are calling him out especially when TS leases stuff to the press all the time.
  • Maccn05 said:

I know you don't like Sandgaard but Christ this is a stretch. Jackson isn't the bad guy just for talking about his contract, people are raising their concerns that he seems to be complaining about a contract he signed in a way that's potentially destabilising for the team and frankly a little dishonest. Sandgaard isn't leaking anything here, he's explained how the manager's contract works. If we didn't know that information people would be very quick to complain about a lack of transparency wouldn't they?
    He’s not leaking but he is briefing and he’s contradicting himself. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    I found these two lines more worrying:

"Sandgaard has the final call on recruitment but has input from Jackson and his son Martin Sandgaard, appointed director of analysis in December".

So JJ is discussing recruitment with 2 x people who know very little about English football who just happen to be father and son.
    Depends how you read it doesn’t it?

Does final say mean signing off a transfer? As the owner he’s the one paying for it.

Or are TS and MS turning down signings and pushing for players they’ve identified?
    The owner signing off on a transfer is totally normal.
  • If Jackson is going to gamble his managerial career on Elliot Lee then he deserves everything that is coming his way.
  • Not sure how you come back from that’s showing. Looked like someone who was on the way out.
  • What qualifications has TS son got in regards to player recruitment. Because since I heard he was in charge of player recruitment it all seems to have turned to shit, or am I missing something?
  • edited February 2022
    I would forgive a few tactical mistakes if it looked like Jackson was trying something new and adventurous. 

It just looks like the same old rubbish. Other than a 3-5-2 does he actually have anything in his locker? 

Also - appointing the assistant after a terrible regime was always a recipe for disaster. If it happened at a different club I would say they've gone for the cheap option. 
  • I would forgive a few tactical mistakes if it looked like Jackson was trying something new and adventurous. 

It just looks like the same old rubbish. Other than a 3-5-2 does he actually have anything in his locker? 

Also - appointing the assistant after a terrible regime was always a recipe for disaster. If it happened at a different club I would say they've gone for the cheap option. 
    He used the diamond against Bolton

Maybe needs to try it again, even if he doesnt have Fraser - Washington - Aneke available at the moment.
  • Digging himself a grave with this formation and playing players out of position. Real worry those players don’t seem to be playing for him anymore 
  • Sponsored links:

• I actually thought the beginning against Wigan, and again against Oxford was some of the better football we’ve played the last couple of seasons.

We managed to play some quick one touch football through the middle, and then have options with overlapping runners (though that made us very open on the turn over). No idea why we can’t keep that up. You saw Robinson have the whole team over for a chat to change something up, and then after that we were never really at the races.

Not sure why other teams seem to adapt to us, but we rarely seem to be able to adapt back. 
  • Whilst I don't think Jackson is the problem, I don't think he's going to be the answer either.
  • Our problems won't be solved by a good managerial appointment alone.
  • Forget club legend cobblers. Just let him do the job through the summer and next season. He's new to management but thrashings like today are part of learning. He got done by a more experienced and better manager...it happens. Let's see if he can get his own players and put out a good team.

But if its still shit at the end of next season then maybe...
  • Simonsen said:
    Forget club legend cobblers. Just let him do the job through the summer and next season. He's new to management but thrashings like today are part of learning. He got done by a more experienced and better manager...it happens. Let's see if he can get his own players and put out a good team.

But if its still shit at the end of next season then maybe...
    Agree but if we’re not top six at Christmas next season he’ll be gone. Work to be done.
  • edited February 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Whilst I don't think Jackson is the problem, I don't think he's going to be the answer either.
    That’s kind of where I sit. This job isn’t for Jackson.  We need a clean slate. It might just be me, but I hate the players calling him Jacko. He isn’t their mate any more. Can you imagine a man united player calling their manager Fergie? Or Liverpool saying Kloppy? We need somebody to go in there and kick some arse. Seems like an easy wage being a Charlton player. 

Another thing - Sangaard - all this bollocks when we sign a player “we’ve been watching him for months, he can do this, that and the other” you know nothing about him - just keep quiet.