Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A question re Stockley’s suspension.

Comments

• Options
    redman said:
    I can't believe we have appealed this. Absolutely zero chance of it getting overturned.
    Agreed. There's no way they'll overturn it, but as other posters have mentioned maybe they've done it knowing the appeal might take a week to be heard thus making him available for Plymouth.

I must admit i thought these types of appeals were always heard pretty quickly though.
  • Options
    With the only risk being an additional game which is an FA Cup game?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    When will the appeal be heard? Is it possible we are appealing so we have him available Saturday for Plymouth 
    That would be quite sneaky
    I wouldn't be against us doing things like that, other clubs use these things to their advantages
    It doesn’t work like that does it? As far as I’m aware, he’s definitely missing all 3 games until it’s overturned. 

If it doesn’t get overturned (which is almost a certainty) then Stockley could get the ban extended for the incorrect appeal.
    he's available until the appeal is heard so if they couldn't hear the appeal till next week, he could play saturday
    Top shithousery if he scores on Saturday. 

Can’t imagine the powers at be will take 5 days to review that incident. After all, their processes are notoriously fast and efficient…
    Even bigger top shithousery that he got a red card in the first place…..it was a scuffle, over in a few seconds.
    I don’t know, it looks like Stockley puts his hand on Deji’s face to push himself up. There’s also arguably an elbow from an outstretched arm but I can’t tell. 

It’s hardly the most scandalous red card I’ve seen. Jayden’s had this coming and he’s already a marked man from referees, it was only a matter of time.
  • Options
    redman said:
    I can't believe we have appealed this. Absolutely zero chance of it getting overturned.
    Agreed. There's no way they'll overturn it, but as other posters have mentioned maybe they've done it knowing the appeal might take a week to be heard thus making him available for Plymouth.

I must admit i thought these types of appeals were always heard pretty quickly though.
    If it works out that way, the third game would be the FA cup second round? Or are we looking at Ipswich (H) instead of Plymouth (H)? Would all seem a bit pointless and kicking the problem down the road to me.
  • Options
    I think we'd rather a 'full valley' saw Stockley play against Plymouth than not?
  • Options
    Sort of agree with the consensus that it will prove a waste of time as the appeals mob never want to overturn the ref, but in reality it was a penalty to us in the first place.
    Deji had no interest in the ball and was face to face with Jayden blocking any attempt to get to the ball, in trying to get to the ball a minor tussle occurred, they both ended up on the ground, neither wanting to be the first to release the other.
    Bottle job from the Lino, and overreaction from Kettle, worth an appeal from both clubs imho..
  • Options
    no chance this is overturned, more chance of it getting an extra game I reckon
  • Options
    Surely the club must have a valid reason for doing this, either they genuinely think it can be overturned, or, the appeal won't happen until next week, if neither is correct it's a waste of time and an extra match  ban!
  • Options
    Do extra games get added on these days for frivolous appeals?

The Sankofa case was nearly 20 years ago!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Sunderland (non) incident hadn’t happened then there may have been a slight chance of this being overturned but Stockley is getting himself a bid of a reputation now and there’s no chance of this being overturned. 
  • Options
    If the Sunderland (non) incident hadn’t happened then there may have been a slight chance of this being overturned but Stockley is getting himself a bid of a reputation now and there’s no chance of this being overturned. 
    Burton have four reds his season. They are bottom of the fair play league and we are in a relegation position. Maybe reputation’s influenced the officials.
  • Options
    It'll never get overturned.

We didn't use the word "handbags" in the appeal documentation.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I believe Thomas sang handbags and gladrags at the appeal, followed by Addicks to Victory after winning said appeal.
  • Options
    When will the appeal be heard? Is it possible we are appealing so we have him available Saturday for Plymouth 
    I wouldn't be against us doing things like that, other clubs use these things to their advantages
    It doesn’t work like that does it? As far as I’m aware, he’s definitely missing all 3 games until it’s overturned. 

If it doesn’t get overturned (which is almost a certainty) then Stockley could get the ban extended for the incorrect appeal.
    he's available until the appeal is heard so if they couldn't hear the appeal till next week, he could play saturday

Can’t imagine the powers at be will take 5 days to review that incident. After all, their processes are notoriously fast and efficient…
    Even bigger top shithousery that he got a red card in the first place…..it was a scuffle, over in a few seconds.
    Not sure 'it didn't take very long' is a particularly valid defence in these violent conduct reviews
  • Options
    From what I could see and admittedly it wasnt the best view it was something of nothing, yellow card each imo. Tbh the way Deji was hanging on before they went down I thought it was a penalty 🙄
  • Options
    Kettle must have wet his pants when he saw the slightest opportunity for TWO reds, although the Quest highlights suggest it wasn’t his worst decision; there have been too many of those to mention!
  • Options
    Kettle must have wet his pants when he saw the slightest opportunity for TWO reds, although the Quest highlights suggest it wasn’t his worst decision; there have been too many of those to mention!
    Listening to George from NTT20 podcast, he said that as he was annoyed with a ref in League 2 and didn’t want to be a hypocrite letting Stockley  and Deji off 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Addickted said:

I believe Thomas sang handbags and gladrags at the appeal, followed by Addicks to Victory after winning said appeal.
    Ever see a blind man ref a game?
    Trying to reduce either side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    If you hit the 3 dots in YouTube (open link to get into YouTube app) to watch the incident at Speed 0.5 or 0.25, it does look quite different. It doesn't look that Stockley lashes out at him, but it also doesn't look a penalty either in slow motion! 

https://youtu.be/MtvYk_oDpyI

• Options
    Do these Quest highlights show thr incident either more close up, or from a different angle, to the VP stream?. Because if not, I’m really puzzled by some of the comments which seek to portray it as an obvious red. Especially when the VP footage doesnt even give a view of the initIal holding by Deji which has been mainly reported by people who were there. 
  • Options

You can't fight on a football pitch.
  • Options
    I assume the club may have other / different footage?
  • Options
    I assume the club may have other / different footage?
    During the Charlton TV live coverage a replay of an incident was shown from a camera beside/behind the Burton goal.  I only recall that angle used once which is a bit strange.  Maybe the clubs are using that as evidence.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

You can't fight on a football pitch.
    As demonstrated by the lack of fight shown by the team under Adkins.
  • Options
    Do these Quest highlights show thr incident either more close up, or from a different angle, to the VP stream?. Because if not, I’m really puzzled by some of the comments which seek to portray it as an obvious red. Especially when the VP footage doesnt even give a view of the initIal holding by Deji which has been mainly reported by people who were there. 
    I’m not sure the initial holding matters, you simply can’t lash out with your elbow, no matter what and that’s what Stockley appears to have done. 
  • Options
    Do extra games get added on these days for frivolous appeals?

The Sankofa case was nearly 20 years ago!
    Could be increased to 6 games:

13.4           In the event the claim is rejected, the Regulatory Commission will in every case go on to consider whether or not the Player’s punishment should be increased. Where the Regulatory Commission considers that the claim had no prospect of success and/or amounts to an abuse of process, it shall have the discretion to increase the penalty up to twice the standard punishment.