Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A question re Stockley’s suspension.

Comments

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Do extra games get added on these days for frivolous appeals?

The Sankofa case was nearly 20 years ago!
    Could be increased to 6 games:

13.4           In the event the claim is rejected, the Regulatory Commission will in every case go on to consider whether or not the Player’s punishment should be increased. Where the Regulatory Commission considers that the claim had no prospect of success and/or amounts to an abuse of process, it shall have the discretion to increase the penalty up to twice the standard punishment.
    That's us fooked then.

It wouldn't matter if it was mistaken identity coupled with an obviously wrong decision, any appeal from us would be deemed "abuse of process with no prospect of success".
  • Options
    Plymouth is a bit of a bugger, but we should have more than enough to beat Morecambe & Salop without him
    You think ? Famewo is out for Plymouth and Washington apparently  has a groin strain.
    Where'd you hear this?
  • Options
    The slow mo replay shows Stockley didn't use an elbow. I thought he did at the time but he was getting up then pulled to the ground again, hence his elbow doing the Rock Bottom on some mud.
  • Options
    Plymouth is a bit of a bugger, but we should have more than enough to beat Morecambe & Salop without him
    You think ? Famewo is out for Plymouth and Washington apparently has a groin strain.
    Thats very sudden seeing that he played last night?
  • Options
    The reaction from Oshilaja was IMO an attempt to get Stockley sent off which somewhat backfired on him. Stockley looked to me to me using his arm to free himself, not elbow Deji. I would be surprised if it got overturned, but you never know. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    The slow mo replay shows Stockley didn't use an elbow. I thought he did at the time but he was getting up then pulled to the ground again, hence his elbow doing the Rock Bottom on some mud.
    The slomo surely doesn't really show enough evidence either way to make it clear what happened?
  • Options
    Do these Quest highlights show thr incident either more close up, or from a different angle, to the VP stream?. Because if not, I’m really puzzled by some of the comments which seek to portray it as an obvious red. Especially when the VP footage doesnt even give a view of the initIal holding by Deji which has been mainly reported by people who were there. 
    I’m not sure the initial holding matters, you simply can’t lash out with your elbow, no matter what and that’s what Stockley appears to have done. 
    I have re-played it several times and can’t see an elbow used. His arm is very straight.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Do these Quest highlights show thr incident either more close up, or from a different angle, to the VP stream?. Because if not, I’m really puzzled by some of the comments which seek to portray it as an obvious red. Especially when the VP footage doesnt even give a view of the initIal holding by Deji which has been mainly reported by people who were there. 
    I’m not sure the initial holding matters, you simply can’t lash out with your elbow, no matter what and that’s what Stockley appears to have done. 
    I have re-played it several times and can’t see an elbow used. His arm is very straight.
    I’ve only seen it in real time during the game, so hopefully other angles / speeds are a lot more forgiving. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    If you hit the 3 dots in YouTube (open link to get into YouTube app) to watch the incident at Speed 0.5 or 0.25, it does look quite different. It doesn't look that Stockley lashes out at him, but it also doesn't look a penalty either in slow motion! 

https://youtu.be/MtvYk_oDpyI

When you watch it at 0.25 speed, it looks like Stockley is wrestled to the ground and when he tries to get up, Oshilaja tries to pin him down. Definitely looks like Oshilaja is being more aggressive of the two. Worth the appeal, IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are too much of an annoyance to the footballing authorities for anything to go our way.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Studying the footage carefully, both players come into shot with their arm around each over. They fall to the ground and Stockley tries to get up and Oshilaja stops him doing so. It is then that Stockley uses his arm but I would argue more to brush him off than elbow or injure him. He clearly did not injure him as Oshilaja was up first and wanting to make a fight of it. Then the other players steamed in. 

Had the ref given them both yellow cards, that would have been that but unless there is other footage I doubt we will win an appeal. They will ultimately have to take the ref's assistant's word for what actually happened. I also suspect there won't be further punishment.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I was only referring to the initial stuff to underline how weak the material is on which basis some here were ready to find Stockley guilty even after Jacko announced the appeal. Odd, I thought. Certainly i never saw an “elbow” , looks like a slap down with a straight arm, he’s frustrated and trying to get up. Don’t think Deji was trying to get him sent off either though. He doesnt strike me as that type at all.

in the ideal world the two of them would testify for each other. 
  • Options
    Deji isn't that type of player, he's just remarkably remarkable at whatever he attempts ;-)
  • Options
    Any update on when the appeal is to be heard or has it happened already?

Can he play on Saturday if appeal not heard before then?
  • Options
    Any update on when the appeal is to be heard or has it happened already?

Can he play on Saturday if appeal not heard before then?
    If only we could ask someone tonight ;)
  • Options

Overturned?
  • Options
    Would definitely have been a decision Thursday. Fast tracked process. Sounds promising.
  • Options
    Proper shit picture but this is the bit where his left elbow connects , to me his right forearm goes on the floor and then he swings his left elbow back .
    Surely I’m not the only one who can see this .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proper shit picture but this is the bit where his left elbow connects , to me his right forearm goes on the floor and then he swings his left elbow back .
    Surely I’m not the only one who can see this .
    Any percentages on Stockley's chances of avoiding a suspension,  Oohahh?
  • Options
    A source* close to JJ saying we should know by Friday.

* JJ at the CAST meeting
  • Options
    we all know it was ridiculous and at worst a booking and a telling off for both - have a bit of sympathy for the ref here as the lino must've influenced his decision - but common sense tells you it wasn't a 'fight' just a bit of grappling that goes on at every corner (made to look worse cause they both fell to the ground)

Will still be very surprised if both are overturned though
  • Options
    we all know it was ridiculous and at worst a booking and a telling off for both - have a bit of sympathy for the ref here as the lino must've influenced his decision - but common sense tells you it wasn't a 'fight' just a bit of grappling that goes on at every corner (made to look worse cause they both fell to the ground)

Will still be very surprised if both are overturned though
    I wouldn't say it was a ridiculous red card, and certainly not a booking "at worst". Indeed a booking would be the minimum punishment you'd expect, considering the number of soft offences you can be booked for nowadays
  • Options
    As Jacko says, it wasn't enough to keep 2 professionals from playing 3 league games. For themselves, the fans and club.

I want Stockley to look at himself after this a little though.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    As Jacko says, it wasn't enough to keep 2 professionals from playing 3 league games. For themselves, the fans and club.

I want Stockley to look at himself after this a little though.

Indeed, his scoring seems to have been tailing off lately in favour of standing with his arms in the air or elbowing an opponent
  • Options
    I've read a few times people saying that Oshilaja wrestles Stockley to the ground... Is this rose-tinted specs because Stockley has got Deji in a headlock and swung him over his hip in a judo throw.