Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A question re Stockley’s suspension.

Comments

• Options
    Belv said:
    mendonca said:
    As Jacko says, it wasn't enough to keep 2 professionals from playing 3 league games. For themselves, the fans and club.

I want Stockley to look at himself after this a little though.

Indeed, his scoring seems to have been tailing off lately in favour of standing with his arms in the air or elbowing an opponent
    He scored 6 goals in the 7 games he played before Burton.
    Oh really , I stand corrected said the man in orthopaedic shoes!
    Doesn’t seem that way.
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Croydon said:
    When will the appeal be heard? Is it possible we are appealing so we have him available Saturday for Plymouth 
    That would be quite sneaky
    I wouldn't be against us doing things like that, other clubs use these things to their advantages
    It doesn’t work like that does it? As far as I’m aware, he’s definitely missing all 3 games until it’s overturned. 

If it doesn’t get overturned (which is almost a certainty) then Stockley could get the ban extended for the incorrect appeal.
    he's available until the appeal is heard so if they couldn't hear the appeal till next week, he could play saturday
    Top shithousery if he scores on Saturday. 

Can’t imagine the powers at be will take 5 days to review that incident. After all, their processes are notoriously fast and efficient…
    Even bigger top shithousery that he got a red card in the first place…..it was a scuffle, over in a few seconds.
    You can't fight on a football pitch.
    'Fight?' I've seen two 5 year-olds scrap worse than that.

Was one of the Lads 6ft 4in with previous ?
  • Options
    Belv said:
    mendonca said:
    As Jacko says, it wasn't enough to keep 2 professionals from playing 3 league games. For themselves, the fans and club.

Indeed, his scoring seems to have been tailing off lately in favour of standing with his arms in the air or elbowing an opponent
    Doesn’t seem that way.
    Didn't seem that way??????
  • Options
    Stockley is scoring more goals than at any time in his career and with Jackson preferring a strike partner for Jayden then I see no reason he shouldn't continue but he may have to reign in his game a tad as his reputation is going before him. 
  • Options
    Belv said:
    mendonca said:

Doesn’t seem that way.
    Didn't seem that way??????
    Badly worded by me, I meant I’ve obviously overlooked it 😉
  • Options
    Stockley is scoring more goals than at any time in his career and with Jackson preferring a strike partner for Jayden then I see no reason he shouldn't continue but he may have to reign in his game a tad as his reputation is going before him. 
    This is what I should have said.
  • Options
    I reckon the Club have heard with regard to both Stockley and Famewo but are keeping it quiet as long as possible to keep Plymouth guessing.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Belv said:
    This is what I should have said.
    So instead of saying that Stockley isn't scoring much, you should have said he's scoring loads.

Easy mistake to make.
    No the last bit

I didn’t expect some sort of Spanish Inquisition…
  • Options
    I reckon the Club have heard with regard to both Stockley and Famewo but are keeping it quiet as long as possible to keep Plymouth guessing.
    Famewo is out, there's no appeal for bookings

If Stockley's sending off is reduced to a yellow, won't he still be banned for 1 game as he'll have reached 5 yellows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club have been told the result .. but are keeping it in house at the moment 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I've read a few times people saying that Oshilaja wrestles Stockley to the ground... Is this rose-tinted specs because Stockley has got Deji in a headlock and swung him over his hip in a judo throw. 
    IPPON!
  • Options
    Would it not be released officially somewhere ? Or is it like transfer embargoes where the EFL can just hush things up. 

Doesn't seem right to me somehow. I bet people would be bleating if it were the other way round & we were waiting on a decision by the EFL regarding a Plymouth player.

What's happened to transparency. 
    It's really not that a big of a deal. We'll find out some time tomorrow.

Just assume he's missing for 3 games and if he's not, great.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

If Stockley's sending off is reduced to a yellow, won't he still be banned for 1 game as he'll have reached 5 yellows?
    Yes there is. Mistaken identity is one.

Yes, Stockley will miss Plymouth if it has been reduced to a yellow.
  • Options
    Would it not be released officially somewhere ? Or is it like transfer embargoes where the EFL can just hush things up. 

Doesn't seem right to me somehow. I bet people would be bleating if it were the other way round & we were waiting on a decision by the EFL regarding a Plymouth player.

Richard Crawley been told not to print anything 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Yes there is. Mistaken identity is one.

Yes, Stockley will miss Plymouth if it has been reduced to a yellow.
    I don't think we can use that one, and sadly Kettle being a tw*t isn't a valid appeal either!
  • Options
    Can't really argue with that approach either honestly. Facing a team with Stockley in it is a very different proposition to one without him. No Stockley also means a decent chance of a change of style and approach as we don't have another "big guy" striker and Washington/Davison have different strengths.

I'd say its a smart play to keep it ambiguous, especially given Plymouth are not going to be an easy opponent either way. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It’s about time ‘kettle is a twat’ became written into the laws as a valid reason for overturning a card
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it points to Stockley missing 
  • Options
    Plymouth is a bit of a bugger, but we should have more than enough to beat Morecambe & Salop without him
    You think ? Famewo is out for Plymouth and Washington apparently  has a groin strain.
    Where'd you hear this?
    Famewo is out . Don't type over my comment in bold. I read about Washington on a NI report which is why he didn't start.
    people highlight in bold to show the part of the post to which they are commenting on, that's all. As for Wash I very much doubt he had a groin strain and then still appeared, even if off the bench.
  • Options
    JJ said both Washington and Gunter are both fine.
  • Options

Richard Crawley been told not to print anything 
    What, by the EFL ? 
  • Options
    Plymouth is a bit of a bugger, but we should have more than enough to beat Morecambe & Salop without him
    You think ? Famewo is out for Plymouth and Washington apparently has a groin strain.
    Thats very sudden seeing that he played last night?
     Please don't over write in block my comments.  

Sorry, Big Brother. I have been warned. I won't do it again. :smiley:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    You think ? Famewo is out for Plymouth and Washington apparently  has a groin strain.
    Where'd you hear this?
    Famewo is out . Don't type over my comment in bold. I read about Washington on a NI report which is why he didn't start.
    people highlight in bold to show the part of the post to which they are commenting on, that's all. As for Wash I very much doubt he had a groin strain and then still appeared, even if off the bench.
    People highlight for all sorts of reasons, sometimes on the advice of their nan….
    CLASSIC POST!!!
  • Options
    You think ? Famewo is out for Plymouth and Washington apparently has a groin strain.
     Please don't over write in block my comments.  He didn't start because of a possible groin problem.  

Can you give us the link to where you read this?
  • Options
     Please don't over write in block my comments.  He didn't start because of a possible groin problem.  

Can you give us the link to where you read this?
    https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2021/november/boss-ian-baraclough-savours-spot-on-display-after-northern-ireland-hold-italy