Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

Comments

• Options
    Crewe beat Bradford with a 90+11 penalty winner. Realistically it's now between Northampton and Stockport for the final automatic place
  • Options
    Crewe beat Bradford with a 90+11 penalty winner. Realistically it's now between Northampton and Stockport for the final automatic place
    Surely after last season Northampton will go up - pipped by Bristol Rovers who won 7-0 in their final match.

Northampton need to win to make certain.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Surely after last season Northampton will go up - pipped by Bristol Rovers who won 7-0 in their final match.

Northampton need to win to make certain.
    They have a harder final game, away at Tranmere, whereas Stockport are home to relegated Hartlepool. Stockport's GD is much better, so if they win a draw won't be enough for Northampton...
  • Options
    That has Northampton losing in the playoffs for the second year running written all over it.
  • Options
    That has Northampton losing in the playoffs for the second year running written all over it.
    Will be gutting for them if they miss the chance of auto promotion on the last day for the second season running. Last season was so bizarre...

• Options
    The last game of the season will be interesting, as none of the playoff sides (other than perhaps Carlisle) can afford to relax too much, as both Salford and Bradford could be caught by Mansfield, while Stockport could get automatic
  • Options
    Sky tv live efl games this weekend
    • Sheffield Wednesday crestSheffield Wednesday
      Derby County crestDerby County
      Sun 7 May 2023 12:00 (UK)

• Barnsley crestBarnsley
      Peterborough United crestPeterborough United
      Sun 7 May 2023 12:00 (UK)

• Tranmere Rovers crestTranmere Rovers
      Northampton Town crestNorthampton Town
      Mon 8 May 2023 12:30 (UK)

• Stockport County crestStockport County
      Hartlepool United crestHartlepool United
      Mon 8 May 2023 12:30 (UK)

• Millwall crestMillwall
      Blackburn Rovers crestBlackburn Rovers
      Mon 8 May 2023 15:00 (UK)

• Options
    Huddersfield win at Cardiff today, and just need a point from their last 2 games to ensure safety
    I fancy them to get it tonight seeing as Sheff Utd have nothing to play for. I reckon these Yorkshire neighbors will send Reading down 
  • Options
    Around about now I contemplate any increase or decrease in distance Charlton will have to travel away next season. Like Reading (if it happens) being closer than Forest Green Rovers.
  • Options
    Huddersfield win at Cardiff today, and just need a point from their last 2 games to ensure safety
    I fancy them to get it tonight seeing as Sheff Utd have nothing to play for. I reckon these Yorkshire neighbors will send Reading down 
    Huddersfield 1-0 up. I imagine the Blades fans will be happy to see Warnock (one of their own) keep Huddersfield up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Championship relegation battle has ended with a bit of a whimper.

Shame, its always better when things end with a dramatic last day showdown.
  • Options
    Is Reading now one of the easiest away games to get to? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Is Reading now one of the easiest away games to get to? 
    Yes, especially as a new station nearer the ground will be opening soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Another local-ish away game for the fans though... just hop on the Elizabeth Line!
  • Options
    Credit to Warnock for keeping Huddersfield up.
  • Options
    Championship relegation battle has ended with a bit of a whimper.

Shame, its always better when things end with a dramatic last day showdown.
    I'm sure Millwall will provide a bit of late drama by scoring 3 times in 5 minutes to clinch a playoff spot at the death...
  • Options
    Huddersfield 1-0 up. I imagine the Blades fans will be happy to see Warnock (one of their own) keep Huddersfield up
    Stayed at 1-0, never in doubt, old pals act 
  • Options
    Glad Reading are down, I've had a irrational hatred of them since watching them beat us back in the Prem when Les Reed was in charge 
  • Options
    Without Reading’s points deduction, it would’ve come down to the final day between five teams.

Cardiff, Rotherham on 49 & QPR, Huddersfield, Reading on 50.
  • Options
    If Coventry secure a playoff place alongside Luton it will be a pretty amazing turnaround for both clubs given the state they were both in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A draw tomorrow will keep us on 10th. Shrews and Lincoln, two points behind us and they play each other, with a worst goal difference to us
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    A draw tomorrow will keep us on 10th. Shrews and Lincoln, two points behind us and they play each other, with a worst goal difference to us
    Yes, unless Lincoln win by 6 and go above us.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Yes, unless Lincoln win by 6 and go above us.
    Shrewsbury haven't lost by 6 for at least a month though 
  • Options
    Looking at the form table for the last 12 games, you can see why Wednesday have missed automatic promotion, and they haven't even being playing especially good teams either. 

• Options
    So then, the playoff semi final ties:

Luton v Sunderland
    Middlesbrough v Coventry

Sheff Wed v Peterborough
    Barnsley v Bolton

Stockport v Salford
    Carlisle v Bradford
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    First legs:
    • Peterborough v Sheff Wed - Fri 12th May 8:00pm