Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

Comments

• Options
    Oxford losing 2-0 at home to Bristol Rovers. Robinson will surely not survive another bad home defeat.
    Could not believe how down my Oxford mate was a few weeks back. He's convinced they're in a relegation scrap.
    Played more games than the teams below them, and in terrible form since they beat us. I'm not surprised he's worried 
  • Options
    Bonkers game at the Hawthorns.
  • Options
    I just seek the truth with clarification, appreciate your attempt at answering , minus the sniping but I’ve got to be realistic , you can take the boy out of millwall life ……
    Mate, we’re rivals, albeit friendly (on my part anyway) rivals. What would football rivalry be without the little digs and oneupmanship? 

For the record, our next home game is a saturday 3pm kick off v Norwich. Can see that being another sell out. Watch this space. 
    Called it right Oohaah, looking like another sell out down The Den tomorrow. Only a couple of hundred tickets left 
  • Options
    L1 is unusually spread out this season into mini leagues. The top 2 having a nice cushion over 3rd to 6th, and the top 6 well clear of the chasing clubs for the playoffs in 7th to 10th.

Then there's another 7 point gap between 10th and 11th where mid table mediocrity starts. Then another gap of 5 points between us in 16th and Oxford in 17th.
  • Options
    Quite a number of games tonight, 3 games in the Championship, 7 in L1 and 5 in L2. Cambridge vs Morecambe is a real relegation 6 pointer between 2 teams we play in the next couple of weeks...
  • Options
    Some interesting games for us tonight, and so far some good scores 
  • Options
    Cambridge 1 up
  • Options
    Colby Bishop gets 1 back for Pompey.

19th of the season. 

Not bad for a player people poo poo-ed when I said we should have signed him. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Lucky Accrington are playing a top side.  A win tonight & Sat would be very interesting. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    ross1 said:
    Lucky Accrington are playing a top side.  A win tonight & Sat would be very interesting. 
    Lost 3-0 away to Ipswich
    We are now 8 points off bottom four with a game in hand 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Lost 3-1 away to Ipswich
    We are now 8 points off bottom four with a game in hand 
    And Accrington lost Jensen to a red card, so he will be suspended

Plymouth beating Derby, plus Wycombe winning, means the gap between 6th and 7th is closing
  • Options
    I see Garner's new lot noticed that they were 2-0 down with two minutes left at the league leaders, read on Charlton Life that Garner can't create team spirit, and simply gave up 
  • Options
    (although I also notice that some of their fans made absolute dickheads of themselves, if I was Garner I'd probably say something) 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I see Garner's new lot noticed that they were 2-0 down with two minutes left at the league leaders, read on Charlton Life that Garner can't create team spirit, and simply gave up 
    No way,  2-4 down against Ipswich in injury time ….

Garner = 24 points from 20 games 
    Holden=  24 points from 16 games 

• Options
    Barnsley on a real roll, beating Wednesday 4-2 tonight 
  • Options
    Tightened up a bit at the top of League One, few weeks ago Wednesday and Argyle were 10/12 points clear.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Tightened up a bit at the top of League One, few weeks ago Wednesday and Argyle were 10/12 points clear.
    And the race for the last 2 playoff places has really closed up, something I certainly wasn't expecting. Both Bolton and Derby are out of form now.
  • Options
    That's two defeats in a week for Wednesday after being unbeaten for over 20 games. Are they having a massive wobble?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    That's two defeats in a week for Wednesday after being unbeaten for over 20 games. Are they having a massive wobble?
    Just checked their remaining fixtures and the only way they could be any friendlier would be if Charlton were amongst them. Mind you last night we saw how they handled an absolute gimme... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Bannon will be at Wednesday for another year. 345 games in 8 seasons for them is great consistency
  • Options
    Wednesday playing at Cheltenham tonight. They can't afford another slipup
  • Options
    1-0 Cheltenham. Weds look like they’ve completely fallen off. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.
  • Options
    2-0 to Cheltenham!
  • Options
    2-2 now 🙄
  • Options
    Lovely to see Wendies sweating a bit. Ipswich win their game in hand now and they’d only be a point clear of the playoffs.
  • Options
    Wendies threatening to choke big time. Lucky for them Ipswich have a tricky one away to Derby on Saturday, though they're doing their own choke and about to slip out of the play-offs
  • Options
    Barnsley can catch Ipswich and Wednesday too.
  • Options
    Reading deducted 6 points for breaking financial regs.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Reading deducted 6 points for breaking financial regs.
    One point above the relegation zone now.