Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

Comments

• Options
    On a slightly more positive note.......

Even though the chasing pack all threw away points last night, most of them did at least gain a point on our friends down the road, seeing as they lost AT HOME to Brum on Tuesday evening. 
  • Options
    Championship is a joke this season - really poor. However, West Brom win their game in hand and Millwall are down to 7th so there's still hope
    Depends what Blackburn do with their game in hand. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    On a slightly more positive note.......

Even though the chasing pack all threw away points last night, most of them did at least gain a point on our friends down the road, seeing as they lost AT HOME to Brum on Tuesday evening. 
    Preston and Watford lost 
    Norwich drew at relegation huntIng QPR
    Coventry and Blackburn drew with each other, a point is lost from either of them winning that fixture 
    There are only 3/4 games left and scum have the easier fixture list and tbf to them they looked decent the other night on the bits that I saw
    with under 12.4k of home fans turning up , school night , live on telly , with potential snow/wind/hail/rain and fog,  only 5th in the division and had only just won the other day it’s understandable that 3k went missing as the scum played their penultimate league home game of one of their best ever seasons in their history .
  • Options
    Championship is a joke this season - really poor. However, West Brom win their game in hand and Millwall are down to 7th so there's still hope
    Not a lot, they are playing Burnley.
  • Options
    Not a lot, they are playing Burnley.
    Exactly 
  • Options
    Aaron Collins of Bristol Rovers got League One Player of the Year

Impressive, must be the first time the top scorer in the Division hasnt been awarded it

Then again his combination of goals and assists make up the lack of the former

Bet he'll have a ton of suitors this summer
  • Options
    We've been robbed though, where are the Charlton players... Morgan | Inniss etc. in the Team of the Year?

• Options
    Cardiff 3-1 up at Watford at HT. Can't believe how poor Watford have been this season
    Chris Wilder was pretty damning in his post-match comments, had a long rant. Said like a man who knows he's going at the end of the season.
  • Options
    I see there was no left-back good enough to be in the team of the season
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I see there was no left-back good enough to be in the team of the season
    Well he's @ Ross County now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone like Alfie May is a bit unlucky to got feature. 18 goals for a poor Cheltenham side is to me more impressive than scoring goals for Posh or Ipswich

That's what makes Collins stand out.
  • Options

The English Football League has confirmed dates and kick-off times for the 2022-23 Championship, League One and League Two play-offs.

Play-off schedule

Championship

Saturday, 13 May: Semi-final, first leg - 6th v 3rd (17:30 BST)

Sunday, 14 May: Semi-final, first leg - 5th v 4th (12:00 BST)

Tuesday, 16 May: Semi-final, second leg - 3rd v 6th (20:00 BST)

Wednesday, 17 May: Semi-final, first leg - 4th v 5th (20:00 BST)

Saturday, 27 May: Final (16:45 BST)

League One

Friday, 12 May: Semi-final, first leg - 6th v 3rd (20:00 BST)

Saturday, 13 May: Semi-final, first leg - 5th v 4th (15:00 BST)

Saturday, 20 May: Semi-final, second leg - 3rd v 6th (12:30 BST)

Saturday, 20 May: Semi-final, second leg - 4th v 5th (15:00 BST)

Monday, 29 May: Final (15:00 BST)

League Two

Saturday, 13 May: Semi-final, first leg - 7th v 4th (19:45 BST)

Sunday, 14 May: Semi-final, first leg - 6th v 5th (19:00 BST)

Thursday, 18 May: Semi-final, second leg - 4th v 7th (20:00 BST)

Friday, 19 May: Semi-final, second leg - 5th v 6th (20:00 BST)

Sunday, 28 May: Final (13:30 BST)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65366256

• Options
    Big difference here (which could impact Millwall) in finishing 5th or 6th.

Championship

Saturday, 13 May: Semi-final, first leg - 6th v 3rd (17:30 BST)

Sunday, 14 May: Semi-final, first leg - 5th v 4th (12:00 BST)

Finish 6th and you get a lively crowd, well up for it after drinking all afternoon. 

Finish 5th and you get a dreadful timed kick off, 12 on a Sunday that no one has ever been up for. Players hate it, fans hate it. 

• Options
    I'm actually surprised they don't just allocate the time slots and then decide which fixture goes where once the games are decided. As you can bet your life the police would much rather Millwall be put in the 12 Sunday slot, even if they finished 6th.
  • Options
    Lockyer | Doughty | Dijksteel all on show tonight on Sky

Luton vs Middlesbrough with both assured of a spot in the Play-Offs
  • Options
    Doughty assist for Lockyer to score
  • Options
    Really dislike Luton, not looking forward to the media wankfest that will happen if they go up. 

Massive dive for their pen just now. 
  • Options
    Two years running Luton will make the Championship playoffs, an incredible achievement
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Really dislike Luton, not looking forward to the media wankfest that will happen if they go up. 

Why? They've done an amazing job to reach the play offs 2 years running on what i guess is one of the divisions lowest budgets. 

Would much rather see them go up than teams like Middlesbrough and West brom who've been there recently. They'd probably struggle to even get 20 points but good luck to them.
  • Options
    Their fans maybe?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Their fans maybe?
    I'd bet that a vast majority of people have never even met a Luton fan. They're one of those clubs that have fans but no one ever knows one. QPR are the same.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Their fans maybe?
    I'd bet that a vast majority of people have never even met a Luton fan. They're one of those clubs that have fans but no one ever knows one. QPR are the same.
    I'd bet that the vast majority of people have never met a Millwall fan but that doesn't stop them having a view. If you think we're arseholes then just wait 'til you meet a Luton fan.

@JaShea99, in my experience, is spot on. Proper Adams Family if ever there were one.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Their fans maybe?
    My son plays cricket with a Luton fan and both he and his long suffering Dad (remember when they were in the Conference) are season tickets. One of my friends, again made through cricket when both our sons played in the same side, who is a minor celebrity, has been a QPR season ticket for over 40 years and regularly posts on social media his trips, home and away.

Their respective seasons have been the complete opposite. QPR were top in October and are now four points off the relegation zone. Luton picked up two points in their first four games, scoring just the one goal in the process but are almost certainly going to finish third which is a tremendous achievement.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Their fans maybe?
    I'd bet that the vast majority of people have never met a Millwall fan but that doesn't stop them having a view. If you think we're arseholes then just wait 'til you meet a Luton fan.

@JaShea99, in my experience, is spot on. Proper Adams Family if ever there were one.
    Come on that can't be true, you are the world's biggest small club after all.
  • Options
    Most fans who follow clubs in the EFL are far more knowledgeable about football than the legions of whining plastic fans who 'follow' clubs in the Premier League.

Listening to Spurs fans who are 'done' with football after a few bad results is just comedy gold.

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Why? 
    Luton away 2018.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Their fans maybe?
    There's one I know in Bretignolles sur Mer (Vendée, France)