Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Glad the EFL highlights show devoted more time than usual to L1, as it was easily the most exciting final day of the 3 EFL divisions.

The only league with relegation places at stake, and the only one where the title wasn't decided already
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Championship: Sunderland
    League One: Barnsley
    League Two: Bradford City
    I really hope Sunderland do it. Whenever we have played them home or away and wembley their fans have always been great. They deserve their crack at the premiership 
    Sunderland fan I spoke to the other week, where my son was playing cricket near Southend ,  just after I thought they’d fucked up and drew 2-2 having been 0-2 down and equalised in 95th minute (they were just making it exciting for us all on the last day) said they didn’t want to go up cos it’d be too soon , they’ve got a really young side and he reckoned they were thinking of changing Mowbray for a more modern foreign coach … so who knows , surely they couldn’t get rid of Mowbray after the season they’ve had 
  • Options
    No such thing as too soon surely. Take the promotion and the parachute payments and you'll be set for a good three or four seasons of a proper tilt at it and staying up for a more prolonged period.

Or you go up and you stay there unexpectedly.
  • Options
    That's a great personal achievement, considering the quality players Burnley have
  • Options
    That's a great personal achievement, considering the quality players Burnley have
    Agree. What a player.
  • Options
    First legs:
    • Peterborough v Sheff Wed - Fri 12th May 8:00pm
    • Bolton v Barnsley - Sat 13th May 3:00pm
    • Sunderland v Luton - Sat 13th May 5:30pm
    • Salford v Stockport - Sat 13th May 7:45pm
    • Coventry v Middlesbrough - Sun 14th May 12:00pm
    • Bradford v Carlisle - Sun 14th May 7:00pm

Second legs:
    • Luton v Sunderland - Tue 16th May 8:00pm
    • Middlesbrough v Coventry - Wed 17th May 8:00pm
    • Sheff Wed v Peterborough - Thu 18th May 8:00pn
    • Barnsley v Bolton - Fri 19th May 8:00pm
    • Stockport v Salford - Sat 20th May 12:30pm
    • Carlisle v Bradford - Sat 20th May 3:00pm

Those dates seem unfair on the Championship.

Why do league 2 get a week between games and league 1 get 6 days but Luton and Sunderland have to play Saturday/Tuesday and Coventry/Boro play Sunday/Wednesday?
  • Options
    Jesus the Notts County Goalkeeper has had a mare of a start

He's given away a Free Kick in his own area after kicking the ball twice from a Goal Kick, wasnt accidental either.

He's now just given away a penalty

Only five minutes gone - Trying to out do Dillon Phillips @ Wembley
  • Options
    Chesterfield 1-0 Notts County
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chesterfield 1-0 Notts County
    Been a great First Half, with some proper end to end action

Barnsley taken the lead in the second League One game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ended all square between Bolton and Barnsley... Not the exciting encounter like last night
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Just realised I've not been posting on the Play-Off thread all afternoon :D