Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

Comments

• Options
    Mike said:
    Millwall 5th with games in hand ffs
    Had our biggest ever league attendance at the New Den on Saturday. I suppose Sunderland fans will now claim they’re our cup final. 
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Had our biggest ever league attendance at the New Den on Saturday. I suppose Sunderland fans will now claim they’re our cup final. 
    Why was the crowd so big compared to the recent attendances .

Good to see they have to leave a load of seats empty in the away end cos of the scum factor 20,146 capacity sold out at 18,524
  • Options
    Mike said:

Just shows what is possible when your club is (seemingly from the outside) run very well from top to bottom as a sensible football club rather than being vehicles/ platforms for crooks or guitar parading ego trippers.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Mike said:

Good to see they have to leave a load of seats empty in the away end cos of the scum factor 20,146 capacity sold out at 18,524
    Well it doesn’t look like we’ll be playing you lot for a while so we needed to find a new cup final. 
  • Options
    Mike said:

We’ll it doesn’t look like we’ll be playing you lot for a while so we needed to find a new cup final. 
    Now you have done it.
    Charlton will now win ten on the bounce. 
    Cheers mate  👍
  • Options
    Northampton's game today vs Grimsby will kick off at the slightly unusual time of 2pm, to avoid a clash with the rugby which kicks off at 3pm! Seems weird to have to stagger the rugby and football this way, it's not as if the grounds are near each other.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/early_kick_off_saturday/
  • Options
    Colin's doing it again, as Huddersfield beat Birmingham 
  • Options
    Plymouth beat Cheltenham on penalties to reach the final of the Pizza Cup. What a season they are having
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall are going up aren't they  ? Just know it. Will just about put the icing on the fucking cake. 
    Yes the spawny lastminute.com cnuts will score a late one i'm sure to win the play offs 
  • Options
    Millwall are going up aren't they  ? Just know it. Will just about put the icing on the fucking cake. 
    Yes the spawny lastminute.com cnuts will score a late one i'm sure to win the play offs 
    They've played the top 2 (admittedly at home) over a period of 4 days and picked up 4 points. 

If they get into the play offs they will reach Wembley. They dont usually lose at home & will do enough over 2 legs to get through. 
  • Options
    They've played the top 2 (admittedly at home) over a period of 4 days and picked up 4 points

If they get into the play offs they will reach Wembley. They dont usually lose at home & will do enough over 2 legs to get through. 
    It was all just luck 
  • Options
    11 League games undefeated at home , FairPlay 

Why did they have 15,711 home fans v 9th placed Sunderland 
    but only 13,631 for the next home game v second placed Sheffield United
    then 12,172 v top of the table Burnley, admittedly this was midweek but they are having one of the best seasons in their history as we have one of our worst (why are Charlton fans so negative 🙄 ) 
    Seems weird the home attendance would slide off that much when doing unbelievably well .
    I thought on the run and position they are in they’d be close to selling out the home end for all games , maybe they need some lower tier away fans to encourage them down to the Dennnnnn because their team could not do anymore .

I need an answer that makes sense !

• Options
    They've played the top 2 (admittedly at home) over a period of 4 days and picked up 4 points. 

Millwall have historically always done well against bigger teams (especially in cups). 

I'd fancy them against anyone in the play offs.
  • Options
    11 League games undefeated at home , FairPlay 

Why did they have 15,711 home fans v 9th placed Sunderland 
    but only 13,631 for the next home game v second placed Sheffield United
    then 12,172 v top of the table Burnley, admittedly this was midweek but they are having one of the best seasons in their history as we have one of our worst (why are Charlton fans so negative 🙄 ) 
    Seems weird the home attendance would slide off that much when doing unbelievably well .
    I thought on the run and position they are in they’d be close to selling out the home end for all games , maybe they need some lower tier away fans to encourage them down to the Dennnnnn because their team could not do anymore .

I need an answer that makes sense !

The Sunderland game was a strange one. We hadn’t had a home league game for over a month and everyone just seemed to come out for it. Sheffield United was an early kick off and on Sky, and we’re always going to lose a couple of thousand for an evening game, as is probably the case with yourselves, what with so many of our fanbase now residing in deepest Kent and streaming available. 
    I’m not sure why you’re so fascinated. We’re not a big club, and don’t claim to be. Pre-war we had massive crowds, and for a few years after crowds were healthy, but since then nothing special (again, a bit like yourselves). We could fiddle our crowd numbers, and sell some ultra cheap ST’s in parts of the ground, like a certain local club does or has done, to try and make our attendances look more healthier than they are, but we really don’t care. 
    ‘Biggest small club in the world’ and all that. We revel in the fact that we’re a small club who punches above our weight. Quality over quantity our fanbase, and we’re happy with that. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    crowds and numbers has always been my game and I'm interested not fascinated as to why it got so high then drifted off .
    I thought good numbers for the sunderland fixture and rightfully so considering how good the team have been doing
    and as you say you're a minge of a club so i shouldn't be surprised with the drop off but i think your team deserves better home support considering what they've achieved so far
    Appreciate your response and it's clear you do care or you wouldn't have responded with the bitchy comments about our mingey support .

We don’t look like we’re giving them away …..

anyway your job as a club is to be our Cnut filter and you’re currently failing so take em back please .
    That’s why I said “have done” meaning in the past, a few years ago, charlton selling season tickets for like 150 quid. People snapping them up because they’re so cheap then not bothering to attend most of the games. 

Someone shared a table on millwall online a couple of years ago. It was how much championship clubs take in gate receipts. We was both in the championship then and despite you having a higher ‘official’ attendances than us, we took more in gate receipts. More walk-ups I suppose and dearer ST’s at the time. 

Anyway, I responded because you asked for a response, not because I care what you think of our attendance figures. I didn’t respond the first time you asked, but you started to sound desperate and I felt sorry for you so I obliged. 
  • Options
    I thought it wad obvious why Sunderland attendance was higher.  Sunderland have one of the biggest away followings in the country (even when in league one).  I know of at least 6 Sunderland fans that sat in the home end as the away was at capacity and they are London based so went with friends.  
  • Options
    I just seek the truth with clarification, appreciate your attempt at answering , minus the sniping but I’ve got to be realistic , you can take the boy out of millwall life ……
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just seek the truth with clarification, appreciate your attempt at answering , minus the sniping but I’ve got to be realistic , you can take the boy out of millwall life ……
    Mate, we’re rivals, albeit friendly (on my part anyway) rivals. What would football rivalry be without the little digs and oneupmanship? 

For the record, our next home game is a saturday 3pm kick off v Norwich. Can see that being another sell out. Watch this space. 
  • Options
    Norwich have got to be bottom tier material , that always livens it up in the home end 
  • Options
    Norwich have got to be bottom tier material , that always livens it up in the home end 
    We seem to sell the bottom tier first these days, then if the away team sell that then they get the upper tier as well. Last night Burnley had all of the lower tier, bar a section blocked off at each end, and few hundred in the upper tier. 
  • Options

• Options
    We seem to sell the bottom tier first these days, then if the away team sell that then they get the upper tier as well. Last night Burnley had all of the lower tier, bar a section blocked off at each end, and few hundred in the upper tier. 
    Sheff Utd were all in top tier 🤷‍♂️ 
  • Options
    Sheff Utd were all in top tier 🤷‍♂️ 
    Yeah true. Does seem a bit random. Most clubs this season have had the bottom. Something to do with being on tv maybe. I don’t know mate. 
  • Options
    Plymouth vs Bolton in the final of the Pizza Cup, showing that cup success doesn't have to be at the expense of league form.
  • Options
    Plymouth vs Bolton in the final of the Pizza Cup, showing that cup success doesn't have to be at the expense of league form.
    Show’s the quality in the depths of squad’s as well as both these teams rested players on the way 
  • Options
    Oxford losing 2-0 at home to Bristol Rovers. Robinson will surely not survive another bad home defeat.
  • Options
    Oxford losing 2-0 at home to Bristol Rovers. Robinson will surely not survive another bad home defeat.
    Could not believe how down my Oxford mate was a few weeks back. He's convinced they're in a relegation scrap.