Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

Comments

• McLean sent off for Norwich after whacking Tom Lockyer with his arm.

I never especially rated Lockyer, but he's managed a decent career as a squad player at that level
  • The Championship is at totally bizarre division this year. We're a third through the season and the top side, QPR, have just 27 points from 15 matches, Blackburn are 2nd having lost 7 matches and Swansea are outside the play offs in 7th place but are only 3 points behind QPR. Even a side such as Watford in 15th place are only 4 points off the play offs.
  • The Championship is at totally bizarre division this year. We're a third through the season and the top side, QPR, have just 27 points from 15 matches, Blackburn are 2nd having lost 7 matches and Swansea are outside the play offs in 7th place but are only 3 points behind QPR. Even a side such as Watford in 15th place are only 4 points off the play offs.
    Very different from some seasons where the relegated clubs are a class above.
  • edited October 2022
    The Championship is at totally bizarre division this year. We're a third through the season and the top side, QPR, have just 27 points from 15 matches, Blackburn are 2nd having lost 7 matches and Swansea are outside the play offs in 7th place but are only 3 points behind QPR. Even a side such as Watford in 15th place are only 4 points off the play offs.
    Which we all know means one thing 
    the spawny filthy shithouse scumbags are gonna scrape in to the play offs ffs
    and then the unthinkable 

theyre 1 point From play offs 4 points from top in 8th🙄

How are west brom(3rd bottom ) favs to win at scum on saturday , lump on millwall and lay West Brom 

• Could not believe the pen + red for QPR vs Cardiff, one of the worst decisions I've ever seen...until I saw the ref was James Linington
  • Any idea why Ipswich aren't wearing their normal blue kit today.....seeing as they are at home.

Also, for that matter, why aren't Derby wearing white ?  I expect in this case it's to do with wearing their "away" colours, even though there would be no clash. In fact, there is more of a clash with what they ARE wearing, especially as Ipswich seem to be wearing a very dark blue (or black even).

Good job I'm not watching in black & white.

• How are west brom(3rd bottom ) favs to win at scum on saturday , lump on millwall and lay West Brom 

Hope you all cashed in on my nap.

far too much happiness about tonight

when the filthy spawny jammy last minute.com scummy twunts got a winner 
    sickening 
    up to 5th and 4 points from autos with a game in hand , sickening 

• How are west brom(3rd bottom ) favs to win at scum on saturday , lump on millwall and lay West Brom 

Hope you all cashed in on my nap.

far too much happiness about tonight

when the filthy spawny jammy last minute.com scummy twunts got a winner 
    sickening 
    up to 5th and 4 points from autos with a game in hand , sickening 

Whisper it quietly.......they did a Golfie too. 
  • Carlisle have a player sent off after an off the ball incident with Darren Pratley   ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 L1 games on tonight. Wycombe who are winning 1-0 at the moment would go above us.
  • All 4 games finish in draws! We stay 9th
  • Rotherham have done an Ipswich.

2-1 up after 90 minutes, lost 3-2.  Winner in the 100th minute.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rotherham have done an Ipswich.

Burnley are finding ways of winning matches, and are starting to look very good for promotion.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rotherham have done an Ipswich.

Burnley are finding ways of winning matches, and are starting to look very good for promotion.
    It's what good teams do, Brownie said so at 4:46 on Saturday 🤣
  • I see Connor Wickham scored a penalty for FGR today, his 6th league goal of the season (plus 3 in the FA Cup).

You can guarantee that if WE had signed him, he would barely have played a minute and everyone would have moaned about us signing another injury prone player, yet when FGR take a gamble on him they reap the rewards. Just 7 points behind us now...
  • Just 8 points separate 6th place and a play off spot from 3rd bottom and relegation in the Championship 
  • Just 8 points separate 6th place and a play off spot from 3rd bottom and relegation in the Championship 
    Crazy 
  • Why was there a random Championship game today?
  • I know it was their postponed game from the Queen’s death but still seems random but a beautiful scoreline 
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it was their postponed game from the Queen’s death but still seems random but a beautiful scoreline 
    Score line flattered them, we was the much better team in the first half, they had the second half. A draw would’ve been a fair result. 

Still, sitting just outside the play offs going in to the festive period, and looking to do some decent business in the transfer window come January apparently. I’ll take that  😊 
  • FGR beat Cheltenham to close the gap to us to 4 points...
  • JBG has just scored from a direct free kick for Burnley that would have been worthy of the World Cup
  • edited December 2022
    JBG has just scored from a direct free kick for Burnley that would have been worthy of the World Cup
    And Maatsen has scored with a very good finish too.

Those two players plus Cullen were, once upon a time, in the pool we were finishing in!
  • Burnley gone 0-3 up the fella who got the 3rd from a tight angle, carried his run on to run off celebrating and did so well to avoid a nasty injury , there’s a massive hole behind the goal where the cover for it is a yard or two away from it .
    he had to levitate to avoid falling in it and it looks deep , unreal proper dangerous 
  • Burnley gone 0-3 up the fella who got the 3rd from a tight angle, carried his run on to run off celebrating and did so well to avoid a nasty injury , there’s a massive hole behind the goal where the cover for it is a yard or two away from it .
    he had to levitate to avoid falling in it and it looks deep , unreal proper dangerous 
    Yes I noticed that.
    Surely a wooden cover or something should be placed over it.
    Saying it's dangerous is an understatement. 
  • Not a great pic cos the footage cut off but the cover was just a few yards away on the floor … so dangerous 
  • Watching the EFL highlights show, Brandan Hanlan scored a brilliant goal as Wycombe beat Ipswich, which Naby Sarr gave away a penalty...
  • Doughty scored a screamer for Luton yesterday, he seems to have his career on track again
  • Crawley owner has decided to put himself in the dugout as an assistant manager or something?
    And also announced that the next 2 games they will be playing fringe players to find out if they’re any good.