Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Plymouth Argyle | Saturday 20th November 2021

Comments

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    bobmunro said:
    BigDiddy said:
    A couple of defenders, a goalie and maybe another aggressive midfielder in the window and who knows? 

WELL DONE JJ - keep it going.

We are getting our club back.

A central defender or two and a striker and that should do us. Not sure we need any more midfielders.
    I mean I know it’s a big IF but if they are all fit W have 5 central defenders already if you include Deji not mention Gunter , Clare and Mathews who can cover there 
    We’d have to make room in the squad to add anyone.

Schwartz has gone but JFC will take that spot.

I expect Arter’s loaned will be terminated to free up another.

Can we move Watson on? Kirk may go out on loan given he doesn’t fit the formation.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    as he came off he had a couple of twaty Plymouth fans giving him shit. He was smiling at them as he went passed. 
    Pissed me right off when DJ went off... All season we've had to endure clubs time wasting with their subs at the Valley.

Number goes up, they stroll towards the bench, shake a few hands, stop to clap their fans, stop to scratch their bollocks and then finally get off the pitch. 

DJ on the other hand gets stopped and told to leave the pitch at the nearest point, yet was the only one that had to be asked to do it yesterday!! - the ref still managed to add on six minutes, despite the only stoppage being the injury to Pearce. 
    yeah i was annoyed by it. i think its the right thing to do but it has to be constant. still not sure where they got 6 minutes from. maybe that bloke in the east holding on to the ball for too long. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    bobmunro said:
    BigDiddy said:
    A couple of defenders, a goalie and maybe another aggressive midfielder in the window and who knows? 

A central defender or two and a striker and that should do us. Not sure we need any more midfielders.
    I mean I know it’s a big IF but if they are all fit W have 5 central defenders already if you include Deji not mention Gunter , Clare and Mathews who can cover there 

As well as the skipper is playing, I don't think he has a full season in him, and Lavelle/Innis are potentially out for a longish time.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    bobmunro said:
    BigDiddy said:

Can we move Watson on? Kirk may go out on loan given he doesn’t fit the formation.
    I would keep watson over morgan i think times up for him and he has to be moved on for both parties
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Being a Cafc fan over too many decades meant I thought we would lose yesterday as I was duped by JJ interview with CAST on Thursday and thought we were down to one CB, Pearce who was guaranteed to get injured( he did !) and then on Friday when Deji Elerewe played for the U23. I thought how can we win against a team who are in great form when we are playing a back 3 with no CB when the curse of the CB was bound to happen.

Fortunately Famewo could play which JJ sensibly kept quiet. ( When did we know that Famewo could play ?)

After seeing Conor Washington cameo against Italy when he nearly scored, I thought he may score but wasn't convinced we would create 3 chances so he would take 1. Conor did have 3 chances and he took the one chance when it was right of central  and he wasn't on the left side and having to cut back on to his favoured right foot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    bobmunro said:
    BigDiddy said:

I would keep watson over morgan i think times up for him and he has to be moved on for both parties
    I agree Morgan needs to move on and play regular football, but his age means it doesn’t free up a space in the squad.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Another great video and as always, I do like seeing an angry Innis who will no doubt be wanting a piece of this! 

Who was captain when Pearce went off?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Another great video and as always, I do like seeing an angry Innis who will no doubt be wanting a piece of this! 

Who was captain when Pearce went off?
    Gunter
  • Options
    dickad1 said:
    Really great valley day today, up there with some of my favourites, despite the queues to get in and missing the first ten minutes. Pretty obviously not opening all the west upper turnstiles for a sold out game was going to result in that. Plus the electronic scanning thing is rubbish. At one point they opened the exit gates and people surged in. 

Hopefully there’s some sort of review.

Anyway, was able to quickly forget all of that, and hopefully the first timers did too. This team puts in a shift like few others I’ve seen.  Every one of them. 

Special mentions for Dobson (lad can switch on the afterburners when he chooses) and Famewo, closely followed by Gilbey and DJ. 

But for me Elliot Lee the standout. For a flair player, his work off the ball is exceptional.

I don’t know why it is, but over the last 30 years or so the successful DNA of this club is modest players working their nuts off for a manager who’s an ex player. Would be incredibly brave of TS to go against that now, as much as we surely need to find another formula at some point! 
    It's not just us:

Eddie Howe at Bournemouth
    Chris Wilder at Sheffield United
    Dean Smith at Villa
    ...................to name but 3 recent ones that spring immediately to mind.

Successful managers at mid-sized clubs are often ex-players or boyhood fans.

I would have welcomed Wilder but bringing him in now (if he were still available) or anyone else to replace Jacko would be an act of madness.
  • Options
    Jacko has raised the bar of being Proper Charlton. 
    If he doesn’t get the gig he will be assistant manager in a higher division this time next year. 
    Our club couldn’t be in better hands and even in L1 we can still get 25k to make the commitment to support us. 

Love Jacko to bits (TM). 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    as he came off he had a couple of twaty Plymouth fans giving him shit. He was smiling at them as he went passed. 
    Pissed me right off when DJ went off... All season we've had to endure clubs time wasting with their subs at the Valley.

Number goes up, they stroll towards the bench, shake a few hands, stop to clap their fans, stop to scratch their bollocks and then finally get off the pitch. 

DJ on the other hand gets stopped and told to leave the pitch at the nearest point, yet was the only one that had to be asked to do it yesterday!! - the ref still managed to add on six minutes, despite the only stoppage being the injury to Pearce. 
    yeah i was annoyed by it. i think its the right thing to do but it has to be constant. still not sure where they got 6 minutes from. maybe that bloke in the east holding on to the ball for too long. 
    Yeah I agree - Was definitely bemoaning the lack consistency in it being enforced.

Otherwise think its a good rule.
  • Options
    Did i hear Plymouth fans singing 'Charlton get battered everywhere they go at 0-0'? 
  • Options
    Did i hear Plymouth fans singing 'Charlton get battered everywhere they go at 0-0'? 
    Don't think so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought I heard that - Wasn't sure if they were saying Charlton or one of their rivals though.

Equally didnt understand the Pasty chant from us. Unless I'm missing a trick, Plymouth is in Devon rather than Cornwall - Never had the pleasure of being able to enjoy a Devon Pasty before ;)
  • Options
    It’s a great shame the Muppet” Charlie Dell” could not print the true facts in today’s  Football League paper.
    JJ has won 4 and drawn 1 which is 13 points out of 15 and not 10.Eg W W D W W.
    also we beat Plymouth fair and Square and where the Better team, that is why Plymouth lost.
    get your Act together Charlie as your get paid for accurate facts not bollocks 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Final whistle reaction from the Plymouth audio.

https://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/soundfiles/2021-11-20/3.mp3

• Options
    Another nice little team talk.

https://youtu.be/TAW9K7QSIkU

• Options
    I thought I heard that - Wasn't sure if they were saying Charlton or one of their rivals though.

Equally didnt understand the Pasty chant from us. Unless I'm missing a trick, Plymouth is in Devon rather than Cornwall - Never had the pleasure of being able to enjoy a Devon Pasty before ;)
    Sponsored by Ginsters aren’t they?
  • Options

Sponsored by Ginsters aren’t they?
    Cheers - That makes sense
  • Options
    Quest highlights saying the second goal was route one. WFT
    WFT?  WTF?