Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Plymouth Argyle | Saturday 20th November 2021

Comments

• Options
    As Muttley said earlier, when we were playing badly  our players looked terrified of taking risks. When a pointless back pass to another red shirt in a cul de sac was available. Look at Purrington, Jayesimi  Washington attacking players yesterday. Or Gilbey's pass for our second. Our confidence is sky high now.  I'm still buzzing about that performance. And Jackson' first six games have invluded Sunderland, Rotherham and the League Leaders. Happy days.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Quest highlights saying the second goal was route one. WTF
  • Options
    What a great day…that is up there with the best. Controlled both halves. Thought everyone was immense but special mention for George Dobson who apart from his shooting is the new Conor Gallagher….he was everywhere. Pearce too Played such a vital part. Wonderful day Fantastic result. Blimey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never had any doubts about Jackson .Went to bed at 2am happy as a fiddler's dog

We all know he can do motivation but today he showed he's a smart tactician too. 

I feared we may have run out of ideas at half time. So many decent crosses,  so few clear cut chances. 

Then somehow we got even better. Then Pearcey was injured  but instead of collapsing we scored.

That  was very high class opposition and we made them look ordinary.

Can we keep up this ultra high intensity all season ?
    This is why I am crap at catchphrase! Fiddler's dog? Butchers dog I know but I didn't know Jimmy Savile had a dog!
  • Options
    Anyone else see the bell ends walking round behind the covered end around 2pm singing/goading…..amazed they were allowed to crack on as much as they did 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Loving the sour grapes on the Plymouth forum claiming it was our cup final. Brilliant performance, made a team playing very well look average at best. So many players performing at levels you wouldn't think possible after seeing them under Adkins.

Hope the Plymouth lads aren't too disappointed at missing out on the open-top bus parade they had arranged in expectance of their win.
    No we didn't, we made them look shit. If Stockley played yesterday,  we win that by at least 4.
    Not necessarily. I thought the team was very well balanced for the job in hand.
  • Options
    Anyone else see the bell ends walking round behind the covered end around 2pm singing/goading…..amazed they were allowed to crack on as much as they did 
    2pm ? Were they too young to be allowed in a pub ?
  • Options
    Green army?
    They walked past the Oak and went in the corner shop as we arrived.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    No way we had only 37% possession.
    It does seem a bit low but you it's not what you've got, it what's you do with it that matters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Loving the sour grapes on the Plymouth forum claiming it was our cup final. Brilliant performance, made a team playing very well look average at best. So many players performing at levels you wouldn't think possible after seeing them under Adkins.

Hope the Plymouth lads aren't too disappointed at missing out on the open-top bus parade they had arranged in expectance of their win.

Cup final?  I thought plymouth was a made up place by the Ginsters marketing team until I heard Josh Widdicome mention it on a podcast.
    Ha ha ...... I know what you mean. Plymouth is a tiny little hamlet of 250,000 people and a catchment area of a further 1 million.

Ginsters might sponsor Argyle, but their pasties are made in Cornwall.
    Nobody in Cornwall will eat a Ginsters pasty. 

Ginger Pig at London Bridge do the most amazing pasties.  Once you've eaten one of those, you won't go anywhere near a Ginsters or any other mass-produced one.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Not every team we play is going to be a Rotherham or a Plymouth
    Indeed.  Let's hope we can keep it up on a cold Tuesday night in Morecambe.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    LoOkOuT said:
    No way we had only 37% possession.
    That’s about right. Charlton were constantly pressing which meant Plymouth were pinned back in their own half for what seemed like 90% of the game and passing it sideways and back to their keeper. 
  • Options
    Plymouth did have a lot of the ball,but did nothing with it,time and time again,our organisation was such that their moves just petered out and quite often ended with some very threatening breakaways.Can we keep this up,yes we can,I think those players will be chomping at the bit to play again  even on a november night in Morecombe.The confidence they now have is remarkable,hardly a sideways pass one thought in mind to run at the opposition and ,everyone seems to be enjoying their football,being part of this club.TS is right,we do have a strong squad,hopefully in the next few weeks,Leko,Matthews,Innis will all be available,we will be able to give players a rest,Kirk,Morgan,Watson will have a roll to play,if they can react the same way as those currently in the team,who knows how far we can go this season.200 to 1 to be champions with Paddy,got to be worth a fiver.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Cup final?  I thought plymouth was a made up place by the Ginsters marketing team until I heard Josh Widdicome mention it on a podcast.
    Ha ha ...... I know what you mean. Plymouth is a tiny little hamlet of 250,000 people and a catchment area of a further 1 million.

Ginsters might sponsor Argyle, but their pasties are made in Cornwall.
    Nobody in Cornwall will eat a Ginsters pasty. 

Ginger Pig at London Bridge do the most amazing pasties.  Once you've eaten one of those, you won't go anywhere near a Ginsters or any other mass-produced one.

They do some amazing meat as well - I have it delivered!
  • Options
    A couple of defenders, a goalie and maybe another aggressive midfielder in the window and who knows? 

WELL DONE JJ - keep it going.

We are getting our club back.