Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Plymouth Argyle | Saturday 20th November 2021

Comments

• What’s with the new thing of welcoming the away team back onto the field after half time? Never used to happen before. First half - both. Second half - home team only.
  • I managed to lose my season ticket in North Lower. If anyone found it please message me..Thanks
  • They say you can’t polish a turd. But, my god the turd that Adkins put together, has been taken and polished into some really special.  A absolute fantastic team performance, are these really the same players, who were “not fit to wear the shirt” only a few weeks back. 
  • paulfox said:
    IdleHans said:
    Not every team we play is going to be a Rotherham or a Plymouth
    Indeed.  Let's hope we can keep it up on a cold Tuesday night in Morecambe.
    That’s funny because I don’t think my Mrs has been to Morecambe, but she would be saying the same thing!!
    To me or to you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Did i hear Plymouth fans singing 'Charlton get battered everywhere they go at 0-0'? 
    I thought I heard that - Wasn't sure if they were saying Charlton or one of their rivals though.

Equally didnt understand the Pasty chant from us. Unless I'm missing a trick, Plymouth is in Devon rather than Cornwall - Never had the pleasure of being able to enjoy a Devon Pasty before ;)
    Aren't they sponsored by Ginsters?  They of the mediocre pasty?
  • edited November 2021
    Great to see Ryan Inniss in the dressing room.

Decent professional both on and off the pitch by the looks of things
    Souare, Matthews, and Stockley also spotted as well. I don’t know, but wonder if you’re usually expected to be there on a match day?
  • redbuttle said:
    I managed to lose my season ticket in North Lower. If anyone found it please message me..Thanks
    Hopefully it's been handed in to reception, so if you give them a call tomorrow they'd be able to check for you. Luckily we've not got a home game for a couple of weeks so there's less of a hurry to sort out a replacement.
  • edited November 2021
    Great to see Ryan Inniss in the dressing room.

Decent professional both on and off the pitch by the looks of things
    Souare, Matthews, and Stockley also spotted as well. I don’t, but wonder if you’re usually expected to be there on a match day?
    Usually it's up to the non-matchday squad players I believe, but I think Jackson brought all the players in for the game he took after Bowyer went. Maybe a togetherness exercise?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Another nice little team talk.

https://youtu.be/TAW9K7QSIkU

I never ever get it when watching games, but seeing dressing room clips like this makes me miss playing / managing football so much. There are very few better places than the dressing room when things are going well and you’ve a tight group of lads. 
    The dressing rooms I've been in by the time the manager's got in there half are already in the showers & the other half are undressed with kit strewn about everywhere.

😃
  • Did i hear Plymouth fans singing 'Charlton get battered everywhere they go at 0-0'? 
    I thought I heard that - Wasn't sure if they were saying Charlton or one of their rivals though.

Equally didnt understand the Pasty chant from us. Unless I'm missing a trick, Plymouth is in Devon rather than Cornwall - Never had the pleasure of being able to enjoy a Devon Pasty before ;)
    My wife’s family are from Devon and people there are adamant that the Cornish “stole” the pasty from them, guessing that’s why there’s the Ginsters/pasty connection with Plymouth (also Plymouth is in Devon but right next to Cornwall border). There’s also some bollocks about the correct order to put the cream and the jam on a scone or something that causes inter-county rivalry. 
  • se9addick said:
    Did i hear Plymouth fans singing 'Charlton get battered everywhere they go at 0-0'? 

My wife’s family are from Devon and people there are adamant that the Cornish “stole” the pasty from them, guessing that’s why there’s the Ginsters/pasty connection with Plymouth (also Plymouth is in Devon but right next to Cornwall border). There’s also some bollocks about the correct order to put the cream and the jam on a scone or something that causes inter-county rivalry. 
    If you can have an argument over if it is jam or cream first you would fit right in here.
  • se9addick said:
    Did i hear Plymouth fans singing 'Charlton get battered everywhere they go at 0-0'? 

Indeed there is, and indeed it is complete bollox.  The taste is the same regardless of the order in which you build it.
  • Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:

If you can have an argument over if it is jam or cream first you would fit right in here.
    A traditional Devonian scone always has the cream first.
  • Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:

A traditional Devonian scone always has the cream first.
    100% and that is why they are wronguns,

If you put the cream on first it goes all over the place when you try to spread the jam which tends to be firmer and needs more pressure to spread it.

Cornish people do it the correct way, jam on first allowing for pressure to spread it followed by the cream which is softer.

• A word for the defence as well. What they’ve been able to do over the last five games, with how many injuries they’ve suffered has been amazing. Four clean sheets in five is massive.

The turn around in fortunes is almost unbelievable and a lot of credit has to go to Jacko for cracking the code. 

I notice that both Plymouth and Rotherham have adopted the same 3-5-2/3-1-4-2 type formation. Wigan are using it too. The league’s top three teams. Maybe Jacko took some inspiration from that, believing that we have more quality in our squad to do what they do, but better.

So far, he’s not wrong.

It is the way Chelsea set up too....