Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Plymouth Argyle | Saturday 20th November 2021

Comments

• On their big day out too, you really hate to see it!
    You'd think that they would have realised that we had just won 3 and drawn 1 of our previous 4 games.

If we give them the benefit of the doubt maybe it's the accent and they're actually singing:
    'Charlton get better everywhere they go'

However as Plymouth is a port I think he might be singing:
    'Charlton get batter everywhere they go' as a reference of our preference over breadcrumbs as our favourite fish coating.
  • edited November 2021
    Plenty of salt on their forum : https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/charltons-cup-final.116573/

They paint themselves as the plucky little underdog that "bigger" clubs feel entitled to beat, but Im getting the impression they expected to win yesterday. Especially as they made a "big day out" of it as most on here have said, which makes it ironic to claim it was our cup final. 
  • I think it was JJ's cup final as Thomas Sandgaard was there and so was 14k potential fans/customers/ clients/ cult members/ future critics to take over from Golfie.

I wonder who TS has the hump with ?

• DJ won motm in lounges .

Seriously the win scares me because I’m gonna have the hump now whenever we don’t win and promotion is becoming a reality . 9 points from play offs (no way do we win them we’ve used up all our luck on them ) and 12 points from autos , perleeeeeeease .

3%     Top 2
    37%   Play offs 
    58% 7th-12th
    2%13th-20th

• Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:
    Did i hear Plymouth fans singing 'Charlton get battered everywhere they go at 0-0'? 
    I thought I heard that - Wasn't sure if they were saying Charlton or one of their rivals though.

Equally didnt understand the Pasty chant from us. Unless I'm missing a trick, Plymouth is in Devon rather than Cornwall - Never had the pleasure of being able to enjoy a Devon Pasty before ;)
    Aren't they sponsored by Ginsters?  They of the mediocre pasty?
    My wife’s family are from Devon and people there are adamant that the Cornish “stole” the pasty from them, guessing that’s why there’s the Ginsters/pasty connection with Plymouth (also Plymouth is in Devon but right next to Cornwall border). There’s also some bollocks about the correct order to put the cream and the jam on a scone or something that causes inter-county rivalry. 
    If you can have an argument over if it is jam or cream first you would fit right in here.
    A traditional Devonian scone always has the cream first.
    100% and that is why they are wronguns,

If you put the cream on first it goes all over the place when you try to spread the jam which tends to be firmer and needs more pressure to spread it.

Cornish people do it the correct way, jam on first allowing for pressure to spread it followed by the cream which is softer.

The error you’re making there is spreading it. Far too slow. Slap it on with a spoon, stuff in your gob. Sorted.
  • As a neutral I would say cream rises to the top and goes on top.
  • Any extended highlights of the game aside from the usual 2min Sky reel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Monday morning, still buzzing.
  • edited November 2021
    Great result and a great performance all round, crowd was buzzing, but why oh why do some people insist on moving and sitting in my seat that i have sat in for 23 years when i go for a HT piss, and then give me a load of verbal when i tell them to clear off out of it.
  • Great result and a great performance all round, crowd was buzzing, but why oh why do some people insist on moving and sitting in my seat that i have sat in for 23 years when i go for a HT piss, and then give me a load of verbal when i tell them to clear off out of it.

Welcome to CL, Chris Parkes.

I think you will find that was Thomas Sandgaard.
    First bit almost right.
  • I’ve lived in Cornwall for 3 years now and, trust me, there is nothing more boring than the jam/cream debate.
    Yes, there is.  Talking about the jam/cream debate without taking the Mickey out of it.
  • Great result and a great performance all round, crowd was buzzing, but why oh why do some people insist on moving and sitting in my seat that i have sat in for 23 years when i go for a HT piss, and then give me a load of verbal when i tell them to clear off out of it.

Welcome to CL, Chris Parkes.

I think you will find that was Thomas Sandgaard.
    First bit almost right.

• They probably thought you had gone to ebsfleet for the second half 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve lived in Cornwall for 3 years now and, trust me, there is nothing more boring than the jam/cream debate.
    No debate to be had, it is just the Devonians trying to buck the trend.
  • MattF said:
    as he came off he had a couple of twaty Plymouth fans giving him shit. He was smiling at them as he went passed. 
    Pissed me right off when DJ went off... All season we've had to endure clubs time wasting with their subs at the Valley.

Number goes up, they stroll towards the bench, shake a few hands, stop to clap their fans, stop to scratch their bollocks and then finally get off the pitch. 

DJ on the other hand gets stopped and told to leave the pitch at the nearest point, yet was the only one that had to be asked to do it yesterday!! - the ref still managed to add on six minutes, despite the only stoppage being the injury to Pearce. 
    DJ walked the wrong way around the pitch, he should have gone the other way and had a minute of adulation from the home fans  :)
  • 801912601 said:
    They probably thought you had gone to ebsfleet for the second half 
    Missed all the fun in the first half there mate...
  • MattF said:
    as he came off he had a couple of twaty Plymouth fans giving him shit. He was smiling at them as he went passed. 
    Pissed me right off when DJ went off... All season we've had to endure clubs time wasting with their subs at the Valley.

Number goes up, they stroll towards the bench, shake a few hands, stop to clap their fans, stop to scratch their bollocks and then finally get off the pitch. 

DJ on the other hand gets stopped and told to leave the pitch at the nearest point, yet was the only one that had to be asked to do it yesterday!! - the ref still managed to add on six minutes, despite the only stoppage being the injury to Pearce. 
    DJ walked the wrong way around the pitch, he should have gone the other way and had a minute of adulation from the home fans  :)
    Didn’t the ref point him to going that way ? It was the shortest of the two routes to the dugout 
  • MattF said:

Didn’t the ref point him to going that way ? It was the shortest of the two routes to the dugout 
    He pointed him off the pitch, I'm not sure he would care what way he would walk around the pitch, and if he did would surely prefer to avoid players walking in front of opposition fans

Someone like Lyle Taylor would have loved doing that, but might have started a riot!
  • Haha...that is a very strange song! Particularly as we put six past them in our previous meeting. Odd bunch, although I'm not surprised having seen some of the specimens knocking around London Bridge/Borough Market in the morning. Glad we battered them again.
  • MattF said:
    "Same ol' Diallang Jaiyesimi, taking the piss".

OK, I admit it doesn't quite scan.
  • That was a very controlled bit of skill and pass. 

For some reason, he doesn't seem a fans favourite. Lets hope that changes soon. 

I don't think we have a song for Purrington and DJ?