Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Goodness me, some of the shots muyeye played, going to be some talent ! Destined to go right to the top for me 
  • Options
    Ton on debut for Compton
  • Options
    222 for 2 , said in my best Ritchie Benaud voice
  • Options
    Ton on debut for Compton
    Early days but he might prove to be an inspired signing. Only 10 First Class games at the age of 28 to his name and some of those were in Zimbabwe during the winter but we obviously saw something that we could work with. Plus he gives us that left handed option we've been missing for so long.
  • Options
    Ton on debut for Compton
    Early days but he might prove to be an inspired signing. Only 10 First Class games at the age of 28 to his name and some of those were in Zimbabwe during the winter but we obviously saw something that we could work with. Plus he gives us that left handed option we've been missing for so long.
    A nice pitch helps, but clearly that time in Zimbabwe got him into some form
  • Options
    It is amazing to think that we might be competitive in this game without Billings, Leaning, Crawley and the potentially injured Denly - that's 4 of our best top 5.  
  • Options
    It is amazing to think that we might be competitive in this game without Billings, Leaning, Crawley and the potentially injured Denly - that's 4 of our best top 5.  
    I don’t think Denly will play much this season, beyond the t20s
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I don’t think Denly will play much this season, beyond the t20s
    I don't think he has a Hundred contract, so will be available for the 50 over competition 
  • Options
    Looks like Leaning will be back for Denly and Crawley will come in for DBD next week.
  • Options
    Compton out for 129 with the score on 280-3. Cox 50*.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ton on debut for Compton
    Nick Compton seems to indicate that this is the opportunity his cousin has been waiting for:

• Options
    How are we gonna get test standard bowlers when they have to toil on these road each April….
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    How are we gonna get test standard bowlers when they have to toil on these road each April….
    Can't wait 'til it gets to May and all the club sides start playing - cloud cover on rubbish pitches with the dukes ball hooping left right and centre!
  • Options
    It's depressing ain't it. 
  • Options
    Assume Denly is injured?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Assume Denly is injured?
    Hamstring. Not expected to bat but suppose he will if we need to save the game.
  • Options
    339-4

Robinson out for a dozen. Cox still there on 84* and joined by Stevens.
  • Options
    400-5

Stevens out for 51. Cox on 97.
  • Options
    Cox reaches his ton to become the 5th batsman in the match to do so.
  • Options
    405-5 at close and trail by 109

Cox 100* (226)
    Milnes 2* (11)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cox reaches his ton to become the 5th batsman in the match to do so.
    He'll have to go some to pass his other century  - 238no - though!
  • Options
    468-5 at lunch. Safe to say this game is dead as is the pitch.

That said, with the opposition having over 500 on the board, teams of previous years bereft of batsmen the calibre of England internationals such as Denly, Crawley and Billings plus our other fixture in the top five, Leaning, would have lost this game already despite the docile nature of the wicket.

Cox 127* (325)
    Milnes 35* (123)

• Options
    Cox out for 129

475-6 (but 7 really because Denly won't bat)
  • Options
    Cox out for 129

475-6 (but 7 really because Denly won't bat)
    Dan Lawrence the wicket taker incidentally
  • Options
    Anything Essex can do, Kent can do better at 515-7. Gilchrist out for 9 to Critchley and he and the other spinner, Lawrence, now have 5 wickets between them.

Milnes 46*
    Bird 15*
  • Options
    573-8

Milnes out for 67
  • Options
    Bird has yet to get to grips with the sedate nature of the County Championship. 51 off 43 to date with six 4s and two 6s.
  • Options
    Bird has yet to get to grips with the sedate nature of the County Championship. 51 off 43 to date with six 4s and two 6s.
    A perfect time to come in and have some fun

I see even Alastair Cook has bowled an over!
  • Options
    581 all out (Denly absent) and a lead of 67
  • Options
    A perfect time to come in and have some fun

I see even Alastair Cook has bowled an over!
    Sadly no Bob Willis tribute from him