Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I tell you what, unless Lawrence hit the ball, he was absolutely plumb to Milnes though not in the eyes of the person that matters unfortunately!
  • Options
    Lawrence lbw b Quinn for 7.

257/3

Slight sleet now.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I tell you what, unless Lawrence hit the ball, he was absolutely plumb to Milnes though not in the eyes of the person that matters unfortunately!
    Poetic justice. Lawrence LBW to Quinn shouldering arms. I'm not convinced this one would have hit!

257-3
  • Options
    The nephew of a certain renowned CL poster has been sent in as night watchman 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The nephew of a certain renowned CL poster has been sent in as night watchman 
    Porter LBW second ball. To Gilchrist.

262-4
  • Options

Porter lbw b Gilchrist for a duck.

262/4
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cook goes for 100 ... c Robinson b Bird
    No daddy Hundred for Cook, he's past it
  • Options
    272-4 off 96 overs at close. A major recovery from 220-0. The only game not to be affected by rain today which, given the forecast, is a surprise in itself.
  • Options
    272/4 at the close
  • Options
    Really confused as to why Zak Crawley isn’t available, Dan Lawrence for Essex was in the same position and is playing today. Would have thought Zak would be chomping at a bit to play today. Strange decision
    I would imagine that he is trying to protect his England position such as it is. The less games facing the new red ball in optimum bowling conditions the better it is for him. Lawrence doesn't bat up top so has the luxury of someone else seeing off the new ball. Lawrence may also feel that he has to show decent form to secure that number 4 slot especially if Pope shows some early season form. Crawley may also want to have a week of training with RTD to iron out those technical issues.

Lawrence out for 7. Pope currently 40 not out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha, you’re shit Jamie. 

( please don’t take a 5-fer) 
  • Options
    Four wickets in the last session. The wicket is crumbling. All over by day 3! ;)
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    272/4 at the close
    Are the intrepid Rudds there for all 4 days ? 

Best buy a hot water bottle & a couple of blankets if you are....

Heroes indeed ! 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Dave Rudd said:
    272/4 at the close
    Are the intrepid Rudds there for all 4 days ? 

Best buy a hot water bottle & a couple of blankets if you are....

Heroes indeed ! 
    Sadly (?), no @Fanny Fanackapan

Another day like today and one of us would be forced to do the "I'm just going outside.  I may be some time" routine.

Cook was superb today.  No frills, no fuss.  20-something at lunch, then he just got on with it.

I wish Zak Crawley etc would take it all in.  It's just what's needed at Test level.

Highlight of the day was Darren Stevens attempting to wipe the umpire's glasses after a missed lbw appeal.

Anyway, a decent first hour tomorrow, followed by a cool (very cool) 500+ from the boys and we'll be sitting pretty on Sunday.  
  • Options
    The Bird strikes again for his 3rd wicket - Westley caught by Robinson

288-5
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I mentioned the comparison of Bird to last year's overseas, Miguel Cummins and as I didn't want to do Cummins a disservice I have double checked his stats and they were a mind blowing 6-662. To put that in perspective, the returns of our other main bowlers were Stevens (39-725), Milnes (32-687), Gilchrist (30-620), Quinn (18-413), Stewart (17-384) and Podmore (12-419). Even the rookie Jas Singh picked up one more wicket than Cummins and at a cost of 522 less runs!!!

The likes of Quinn, Stewart and Podmore probably have every right to question why they were kept out of the side, at times, by Cummins but a county is probably "pot committed" to play an overseas player come what may. I also suspect that this signing was made out of desperation - he was signed just three weeks before the start of the season as opposed to Henry being snapped up last November and Bird (currently 3-66) in early February. 

A certain football club close to our hearts could learn from the need to make an early move for players!
  • Options
    So much for April pitches and weather meaning paradise for medium paced bowlers...
  • Options
    Stevo strikes ! 

353-6 now. 
  • Options
    We're watching now from the comfort of the sofa ... but have turned the heating to 8C and have the doors and windows wide open to re-create yesterday's experience.

At lunch I intend to charge Mrs Rudd £2.50 for her tea, while I enjoy a 330mL Budweiser at £4.80.  
  • Options
    Any reason why Denly isn't having a bowl ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Denly went off about half an hour before lunch with what looks like a hamstring injury.  
  • Options
    So much for April pitches and weather meaning paradise for medium paced bowlers...

We haven't batted against Messrs Porter, Cook (S), Snater and Steketee yet!
  • Options
    Joe Weatherly 157no for Hampshire against Somerset. Where did that come from, as he's done nothing in his career up to now (including his loan spell with Kent)
  • Options
    3rd century of the innings is reached....
  • Options
    458-7

2nd wicket for Quinn

• Options
    502-9

Commentators indicating that Denly won't bat in the match due to his hamstring injury
  • Options
    514 all out
  • Options
    JM Bird 28-7-85-3
    ME Milnes 29-7-88-0
    NN Gilchrist 27-3-98-3
    DI Stevens 24-7-44-1
    MR Quinn 28-3-90-2
    TS Muyeye 17.5-1-68-1
    DJ Bell-Drummond 5-0-27-0
  • Options
    36-1

DBD LBW 11
    Compton 23*
  • Options
    A very good response from Compton (47* off 111) and Muyeye (43* off 78) although the latter didn't look totally comfortable handling the short stuff at times.

122-1 (33) at close