Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Also a bit concerned if he hasn't seen much of Canterbury because the weather is too cold, he really must be a warm weather softie if it's been too cold for him to walk around the City and visit the Cathedral!
  • Options
    Blake reaches his 100 and shares an unbeaten partnership of 74 with Klaassen (27) with the score on 169-7 (8) and a lead of 279
  • Options
    Blake is going ballistic at the moment to the extent that one would think that he is playing white ball - 85 runs in his last 32 balls - and is currently on 196 out of 283-8 (9) 
  • Options
    Finally out for 208. He scored 97 off his final 35 balls. As Qadri retired, Singh (11) has been allowed to come in and bat as his replacement and joins Logan (19) for a current total of 312-9. Quite a recovery from 95-7 and a lead of 422.
  • Options
    314 all out. Sussex require 425 to win.
  • Options
    Looking forward to my first cricket of the season at Canterbury tomorrow. Weather looks good too
  • Options
    Sussex have brought Delwray Rawlins into the 2s game and he has taken 3 wickets already to leave us 66-5 (but possibly 6 given Qadri's absence) and just 176 ahead. Blake is 40 not out.
    I would class him as a 2nd XI spinner. He bowled poorly in the recent game v Notts when he acted as frontline spinner due to Carson’s injury.
    To be honest he is somewhat unproven as a CC batsmen too 
    That's an understatement!
  • Options
    No chance that Sussex will reach anything like 425.
  • Options
    No chance that Sussex will reach anything like 425.
    Indeed - at close they are 138-5. When they had Kent 95-7 (105 ahead) they actually had every chance of winning the game but Blake's carnage took it away from them.

The player in the Kent set up who seems to be struggling is James Logan. He didn't play in any of the pre season matches, didn't bowl in the 1st innings and has bowled just 5 overs for 24 in this without a wicket. Really liked him last year but it looks like Linde's arrival and Qadir's improved performances and Muyeye's promotion has put him out of the picture. Not quite as much as O'Riordan though - I don't think he's actually bowled a ball for Kent this season. 
  • Options
    Blake is going ballistic at the moment to the extent that one would think that he is playing white ball - 85 runs in his last 32 balls - and is currently on 196 out of 283-8 (9) 
    LOVE to see Blakey in full flow ( IYKWIM !)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    What the hell is going on? Denly, who wasn't in the 13 because he was injured, is playing and Crawley, who was, isn't playing now! Other change is Qadri in for Quinn. Lancs won the toss and will bat.

Link to game:

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/fixture/kent-vs-lancashire-3/
  • Options
    But Crawley is definitely playing and Denly isn't - despite what the official Kent CCC site says!!!
  • Options
    No Jimmy or Saq Mahmood for Lancashire, not allowed to play by the ECB. Matt Parkinson does play though

Baffled why Jimmy isn't playing, having missed the Windies tour, but they've got Hassan Ali who'll be a real threat
  • Options
    No Jimmy or Saq Mahmood for Lancashire, not allowed to play by the ECB. Matt Parkinson does play though

Baffled why Jimmy isn't playing, having missed the Windies tour, but they've got Hassan Ali who'll be a real threat
    Jennings is injured too
  • Options
    Balderson is dropped by the Crawley/Cox juggling combo but fortunately next ball Gilchrist gets him to edge the ball for a second time and Robinson takes a good catch

36-1
  • Options
    If the 2s game had started today, they could have had Quinn, Podmore, Stewart, Klaassen and Singh all in their seam bowling attack. The irony of that is that all nine of our fast bowlers are fit and available whereas three of our batsmen, namely Denly, Leaning and Billings aren't.

As it is they will have to make do without Quinn but really shouldn't need him anyway as Sussex are now 177-6. 
  • Options
    Luke Wells has gone the same way as his opening partner for 39 out of 51-2. Gilchrist now has 2-5. Still only 21, he has been a fantastic addition to our ranks with 36 First Class wickets at 21.69.
  • Options
    80-3. One to Milnes.
  • Options
    I have, as I've said previously availed myself of the 16/1 that was (and still was available with Coral/Ladbrokes prior to this game) mainly because we now have a squad of such depth that should any one player struggle for form there is a viable alternative waiting in the wings. There is another factor though and that is that we are unlikely to suffer from England call ups save Billings and Crawley - and then most of the time it will be one or other. A lot of the other Div 1 counties won't be so fortunate.  
  • Options
    89-3 off 29 at lunch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sussex 2s are 234-7 at lunch so still putting up a fight.

• Options
    Both the 1s and the 2s are struggling to take wickets. Lancs are 194-3 and Sussex are 360-9 mainly thanks to unbeaten 109 from 17 year old Charlie Tear - they need 63 to win!
  • Options
    Sussex 372 all out. Kent won by 50 runs.
  • Options
    A wicket. At last. A second to Milnes

295-4
  • Options
    344-4

Lancs day. No excuses for Crawley so far as the wicket is concerned at Canterbury.
  • Options
    Don't you just hate ridiculously talented cricketers such as Labuschagne

• Options
    Plenty of runs around the country, Somerset being all out for 109 really standing out

Pope has got his usual century at The Oval, if England were to play every Test there, he'd be the new Bradman
  • Options
    Plenty of runs around the country, Somerset being all out for 109 really standing out

Pope has got his usual century at The Oval, if England were to play every Test there, he'd be the new Bradman
    Luckily for us Hamer wasn't playing for Essex last week.
  • Options
    Don't you just hate ridiculously talented cricketers such as Labuschagne

That pitch 😮 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    With the likes of Quinn, Podmore and Stewart putting pressure on those in the 1st Team, are we about to witness the unthinkable - Stevens being dropped? I hope that writing him off like this has the opposite affect but his figures so far this season of 1-110 aren't great. Unlike previous seasons he's not been opening the bowling either and with wickets appearing more batter friendly and requiring, perhaps, a bit more pace to be successful he has struggled. Equally, whilst he obviously brings his batting to the side, with Linde coming in especially, that really shouldn't be the basis for picking him.

I hope I'm wrong but every player eventually runs into that wall named "retirement" - he'll be 46 in two weeks time which, in itself, is a ridiculous achievement.