Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    5 wickets for Qadri, posing a selection problem for when Linde is fit
  • Options
    Always rated Qadri when I've seen him bowl. Varies his pace well and turns it. Hopefully there'll be a place for both him and Linde, who can just about bat in the top six
  • Options
    Nice for a spinner to be bowling in April under warm sun, on a decent pitch. 
  • Options
    5 wickets for Qadri, posing a selection problem for when Linde is fit
    We could be seeing both play especially as they would offer the alternative of turning the ball both ways. As I've said, I think Stevens is vulnerable and the body might be giving out too (didn't bowl a ball today) but you could still have the likes of Milnes, Bird and Gilchrist in the side plus DBD filling in as a 4th seamer.
  • Options
    Excellent start

102-0 (37)

Compton 43* (121)
    Crawley 54* (103)
  • Options
    Quick 650 then set Hamid to work eh? 
  • Options
    Crawley bowled for 54 (119). Poor shot - went back instead of forward to a full ball googly from Parkinson

109-1

Compton 50* (133)
  • Options
    Love a spinner showdown in April
  • Options
    DBD is bowled by a beautiful leggie from Parkinson for 2 (18). He looked really uncomfortable to both pace and spin and was lucky to survive a couple of LBW appeals

115-2

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Love a spinner showdown in April
    The last 8 wickets have fallen to spinners - on the 2nd day too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No shot from Muyeye and LBW to Parkinson (who else?)

129-3
  • Options
    That's the trouble with the county championship, too slanted towards spinners and offering no help to 70mph seamers ;)
  • Options
    133-3 (53) and the small matter of 373 runs behind

Compton 60* (157)
    Qadri 2* (8)
  • Options
    260 all out is a poor effort. Can't fault Compton who carried his bat for 104*
  • Options
    46-4 following on - Crawley, DBD, Muyeye and Cox all out. Compton still there on 12 (55) so he's been on the pitch for every minute of the game to date.
  • Options
    72-6 

Robinson and Stevens both out LBW. The "wall" that is Ben Compton is still there on 19 off 126 balls. 
  • Options
    I'm probably getting ahead of myself but has a batsman ever carried his bat in both innings of a CC match for Kent or for anyone for that matter?
  • Options
    81-6 at close

Compton 20* (132)
    Milnes 8* (24)
  • Options
    I'm probably getting ahead of myself but has a batsman ever carried his bat in both innings of a CC match for Kent or for anyone for that matter?
    Is everyone else deliberately getting out to get Compton this record?
  • Options
    What happened to my " spoilt for choice" boast ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is everyone else deliberately getting out to get Compton this record?
    To be fair he's faced 421 balls so far without the help of the batsman standing at the other end
  • Options
    Looks like Jimmy Cook (Somerset) thirty three years ago was the last player to carry his bat through both innings in county cricket.

He became the first player since 1911 to carry his bat through both completed innings and hit hundreds in each when he scored 120 not out and 131 not out in totals of 186 and 218 against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge in 1989.

It'll be impressive if Compton can match that today..........
  • Options
    Have  been at the game yesterday I would have loved to know how many balls Compton played on 99 
  • Options
    Have  been at the game yesterday I would have loved to know how many balls Compton played on 99 
    Your wish is my command - Compton faced 24 balls before moving from 99 to 100 and this was made up of 4 maidens, all delivered by Bailey. He then hit that single off the first ball of the change in bowler at that end off Parkinson. The actual number of balls delivered in total to all batsmen between the time he reached 99 and 100 was 52.
  • Options
    Thank you Addick Addict did you score or did you look it up but thanks 
  • Options
    Thank you Addick Addict did you score or did you look it up but thanks 
    I certainly didn't score - the info is all on the Cricinfo scorecard by clicking on the "commentary" tab

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-division-one-2022-1297650/kent-vs-lancashire-1297676/ball-by-ball-commentary
  • Options
    90-7 Milnes out. Compton on 22 off 148 balls.
  • Options
    1% chance of rain at Canterbury.

Come on, @Fanny Fanackapan.  Time to do your thing.
  • Options
    Since the beginning of December, Compton's scores playing in Zimbabwe and for us now read:

41*
    109*
    13*
    33*
    42*

That's 781 runs at an average of 98.51. The one failure was given out LBW - think it's one, given Compton's form before and after that decision, that he should now review!
  • Options
    153-7 off 83 overs at lunch

Compton 51* (222)
    Qadri 38* (110)

Compton is now 511 balls undefeated in the game and has been on the pitch for all 3 days and one session