Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Be interesting to see who they leave out for Leaning and Denly …..
  • Options
    Should I get my dancing wellies ready for 11am tomorrow ? 
  • Options
    161-3 at lunch. Good work by Compton (79*) and Cox (34*). Just need to do the same for the next two sessions too because, at 186 runs behind, we are unlikely to be making Hants chase too many if they do get to bat again.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61208495

We've recalled Stewart already

Maybe we should send all our players out on one match loans to get some form!
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a smutty joke to be made, concerning Cox and the Hampshire bowler Organ, but I wouldn't stoop so low  ;)
  • Options
    Compton gone for 89
  • Options
    Robinson gone for 9
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61208495

We've recalled Stewart already

Maybe we should send all our players out on one match loans to get some form!
    It was a bit of a strange loan move because Stewart was at worst second on the rung to Quinn to come in if not first judging by his 2s performances. He is also useful with the bat. 

Bird has a shoulder injury so won't be playing but as I've said previously I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't anything up to five changes for the next game, depending on the fitness of Linde, Leaning and Denly.
  • Options
    248-6

Cox out for 64
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a smutty joke to be made, concerning Cox and the Hampshire bowler Organ, but I wouldn't stoop so low  ;)
    Organ gets Cox out...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on the stats for this season, which of these two openers is the current England international?

Player A (24 y o & 73 FC matches) - 95 runs/4 times out/average 23.75
    Player B (28 y o & 13 FC matches) -  464 runs/4 times out/average 151.00

It's a funny old game as one great observer of cricket said albeit that it wasn't actually about cricket!
  • Options
    268-7 Milnes out and still 38.2 overs to go
  • Options
    That cox wicket has to be one of the most horrendous decisions I have ever seen given by an umpire. Very Embarrassing 
  • Options
    That cox wicket has to be one of the most horrendous decisions I have ever seen given by an umpire. Very Embarrassing 
    There's been a few - Robinson obviously felt he hit the ground but, there again, Stevens looked absolutely plumb earlier on.
  • Options
    287-7 at tea and 60 behind with 31 overs minimum to go although a change of innings will reduce that to 29 overs. 

Stevens 40*
    Qadri 7*
  • Options
    292-9

Qadri then Gilchrist out first ball
  • Options
    296 all out. Lose by an innings and 51 runs. Stevens left stranded on 41*
  • Options
    Apologies - I watched the replay originally rather than live and thought that Cox had been given out LBW not playing a shot. It never entered my head that the Umpire actually thought that he hit it when his bat and gloves were both behind his head at the point of impact! 
  • Options
    Apologies - I watched the replay originally rather than live and thought that Cox had been given out LBW not playing a shot. It never entered my head that the Umpire actually thought that he hit it when his bat and gloves were both behind his head at the point of impact! 
    For those that haven't seen the dismissal in question yet:

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/fixture/kent-vs-hampshire-4/#$$3_080_06

Stevens's teapot reaction to the decision rather sums up his opinion of the umpiring
  • Options
    Still can’t believe it was given out, there have been some very dubious calls this year       
    (Compton last game ) . 

Really not sure where we go from here now though. Leaking runs  and batters not firing like they should be on these pitches.  

Can see Stevens being dropped for Stewart. Not entirely sure both leaning and linde will be fit but something desperately needs to change. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is the umpire seeing there? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What is the umpire seeing there? 
    Catching the back of the bat maybe on its way to short leg ? 
  • Options
    is the 2nd XI live score on the Kent website as I can't see it
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#c7121d6c6-2eab-4ead-9240-cbf163c2e5b4|m0735bdb0-154c-4251-897d-5a3f653b1c6e

Essex won the toss and are batting - your nephew is playing as you are probably aware for Essex as are two of Seb's best mates for Kent - Jas Singh and Max Luckett who are currently bowling in tandem.

Essex 59-2 off 20 Wickets to Podmore and Singh 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#c7121d6c6-2eab-4ead-9240-cbf163c2e5b4|m0735bdb0-154c-4251-897d-5a3f653b1c6e

Essex won the toss and are batting - your nephew is playing as you are probably aware for Essex as are two of Seb's best mates for Kent - Jas Singh and Max Luckett who are currently bowling in tandem.

Cheers AA

Yeah, Jamie is trying to get his fitness back.
    He had a calf injury so barely took part in pre season training and was undercooked in opener against us.

He played for Chingford at weekend and obviously for the 2's today to try and get some mileage back in his legs.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

Cheers AA

Yeah, Jamie is trying to get his fitness back.
    He had a calf injury so barely took part in pre season training and was undercooked in opener against us.

He played for Chingford at weekend and obviously for the 2's today to try and get some mileage back in his legs.
    Jamie played against another of Seb's mates on Saturday - Nathan Khelawon (from their six months together with Jas Singh at the DLCA). Nathan was the lad who broke Alastair Cook's school record for runs when he was 13 and who was touted to go on to great things by some including Nasser Hussain. Things haven't worked out for Nathan and he hasn't been in the Essex set up for the last two years and since he was 17. This picture taken in Australia of the three of them together:

• Options
    The 2s are struggling to bowl teams out too. Essex at lunch are 468-7 with the best returns to date are those of Podmore (3-54) and Singh (3-62)
  • Options
    Essex didn't quite make the 500 mark but that's because they declared on 497-8. Singh with 4-73 returned the best figures.
  • Options
    203-4 at close

Gordon  50
    Blake 95*
  • Options
    In today's Mirror.