Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon away tickets (Ed. now 5th April p16)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Can anyone answer this.

My son turned 18 in September & as he was still U18 at the start of the season he was allowed to purchase an U18 season ticket. Because of this he can also purchase U18 tickets online for other games.

So, if he bought an U18 ticket for the Wimbledon match & their stewards stopped him & wanted to see ID do you think they would let him in. For clarity - he has a beard & so probably doesnt look "young". The only ID he carries with him is his passport, so if they checked that they could rightfully say that he is 18 & shouldn't be using an I18 ticket.

I know the difference is only £5 between an U22 ticket (£11) and an U18 one (£6) but the question is more about where is the cut off - at the start of the season or when you turn 18.
  • Options
    Can anyone answer this.

My son turned 18 in September & as he was still U18 at the start of the season he was allowed to purchase an U18 season ticket. Because of this he can also purchase U18 tickets online for other games.

So, if he bought an U18 ticket for the Wimbledon match & their stewards stopped him & wanted to see ID do you think they would let him in. For clarity - he has a beard & so probably doesnt look "young". The only ID he carries with him is his passport, so if they checked that they could rightfully say that he is 18 & shouldn't be using an I18 ticket.

I know the difference is only £5 between an U22 ticket (£11) and an U18 one (£6) but the question is more about where is the cut off - at the start of the season or when you turn 18.
    He needs to buy an under 22 ticket, having a CAFC season ticket will be irrelevant to AFC Wimbledon, they will simply say he is not u18. I'm certain our website will allow him to buy tickets in other age categories for away games
  • Options
    Can anyone answer this.

I reckon for away games he needs to buy the ticket corresponding to his age on the day. Trying to explain to a steward at another teams stadium that he should be allowed in because he was the right age three months ago isn’t going to end in success. 

All that being said, we could probably all buy under 18’s tickets and have a 90% success rate at getting in! 
  • Options
    How do we find out how many loyalty points we have?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    How do we find out how many loyalty points we have?
    Log in to the CAFC ticketing site, once logged in your name and FanID should appear in the top left, click this and then personal details and it'll be there under "My Profile" with your name and address etc.
  • Options
    Phase 2 to start soon, 835 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    How long does it usually take for the website to update the restrictions? Can't assign a ticket atm, despite the fact he has the correct number of points.

Edit: sorted by quarter past
  • Options
    I bought mine yesterday, sitting in their main stand.
    Not far from me then, bring some beer money!
  • Options
    Are they allowing 2 tickets per eligible member ?

Trying to add grandchild to mine but not allowing it ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes.
  • Options
    An allocation of 1,000 to the away team on Boxing Day really shouldn’t be allowed. What was our allocation when they played at Kingsmeadow? Must have been about that too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    se9addick said:
    An allocation of 1,000 to the away team on Boxing Day really shouldn’t be allowed. What was our allocation when they played at Kingsmeadow? Must have been about that too. 
    It's annoying that it's only 1,000 but it is still over 10% of their overall capacity. They could only give us 930 if they wanted.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Think Kingsmeadow was about 800
  • Options

Scrap that ! As long as both tickets were in my name & 1 not allocated to another, then it allows the transaction. Phew ! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The last time we played at Kingsmeadow our allocation was 753 tickets.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a81c8b827c8e/tickets-for-afc-wimbledon-and-peterborough-trips-to-go-on-sale
  • Options
    The capacity of the new stadium is only 9300 at the moment. In time, it could be expanded if they ever needed to and could afford it, as 3 sides are those semi-permanent stands rather than permanent structures
  • Options
    clive said:
    se9addick said:
    The last time we played at Kingsmeadow our allocation was 753 tickets.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a81c8b827c8e/tickets-for-afc-wimbledon-and-peterborough-trips-to-go-on-sale
    Worst view in the football league too!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The worst performance I have ever seen from us was a Boxing Day game at Plough Lane a good few years back.
    We lost of course, our performance was disgraceful an absolute no show from the entire team.
    Anyone else remember this game and can fill in the shameful details?
    Incidentally, our Boxing Day results have not been much to shout about over the years!
  • Options
    The worst performance I have ever seen from us was a Boxing Day game at Plough Lane a good few years back.
    We lost of course, our performance was disgraceful an absolute no show from the entire team.
    Incidentally, our Boxing Day results have not been much to shout about over the years!
    Think it was 1-3 the year we went down - terrible performance with Mickey Bennett scoring a late consolation. Remember my Dad being outraged that it cost £5 for kids on the terrace behind the goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Think it was 1-3 the year we went down - terrible performance with Mickey Bennett scoring a late consolation. Remember my Dad being outraged that it cost £5 for kids on the terrace behind the goal 
    Yes…..that’s it.
    Jesus Christ ka……weren’t we absolute pants! 🧐🧐🧐
    What year would that have been?
  • Options
    Yep I was at that game - awful performance in an awful ground

Re Boxing Day - don’t forget Addicks 4 Chelski 2 in 2003…..
  • Options
    Assume phase 5 is 580 or valley gold?
    Phase 5: 580 Loyalty Points or Valley Gold 3/12/2021 at 9:30am
    https://booking.cafc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/Away Games
  • Options
    Yes…..that’s it.
    Jesus Christ ka……weren’t we absolute pants! 🧐🧐🧐
    What year would that have been?
  • Options
    Is there any benefit of being a 'member'?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Is there any benefit of being a 'member'?
    Some additional loyalty points (20 or 30 per season I think)
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I bought mine yesterday, sitting in their main stand.
    Not far from me then, bring some beer money!
    As long as Santa is kind to me.
    You get the first round.
  • Options
    710 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    Two for centre court please on the first Sunday.........................oh!
  • Options
    Wooden seats, freezing cold?