Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon away tickets (Ed. now 5th April p16)

Comments

• Options
    But hopefully Wimbledon will make like 300 more tickets available. Its Xmas after all
  • Options
    by the look of of it they can’t as they haven’t got a safety cert for any more. 
  • Options
    That is the issue. Someone posted a link to the Wimbledon site earlier in the thread. This is the bit re the away end.

"Then we have the away end itself which, once again, is far bigger than the space we were able to offer visiting supporters at Kingston.

The Cherry Red Records end can theoretically hold 1,466 supporters but that’s something that’s almost entirely beyond our control.

Clearly some of the bigger clubs are going to bring more fans with them than others. Bolton, for example, just about filled the stand with their fans - but that’s not always going to be the case. In fact, they’re the exception rather than the norm. We also have restrictions placed on us depending on the category level of the match so, in reality, we are unlikely to have more than 1200 maximum in there. In fact we are currently restricted to 1000 until we have completed some alterations proposed by the Safety Advisory Group."

• Options
    buckshee said:
    by the look of of it they can’t as they haven’t got a safety cert for any more. 
    It's a new ground, and a "bowl" design, so it's not as if there's a separate stand like the Jimmy Seed with a clear set capacity. 
  • Options
    Managed to get a ticket for me and a Millwall mate
    simpsons_pitchforks.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    That is the issue. Someone posted a link to the Wimbledon site earlier in the thread. This is the bit re the away end.

"Then we have the away end itself which, once again, is far bigger than the space we were able to offer visiting supporters at Kingston.

The Cherry Red Records end can theoretically hold 1,466 supporters but that’s something that’s almost entirely beyond our control.

Clearly some of the bigger clubs are going to bring more fans with them than others. Bolton, for example, just about filled the stand with their fans - but that’s not always going to be the case. In fact, they’re the exception rather than the norm. We also have restrictions placed on us depending on the category level of the match so, in reality, we are unlikely to have more than 1200 maximum in there. In fact we are currently restricted to 1000 until we have completed some alterations proposed by the Safety Advisory Group."

New ground & they cant get a safety certificate due to alterations needed. 

Bloody new builds. Always snagging problems. Never buy one & go for a Victorian instead  !
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Does anyone know about parking over there, like somewhere you can pay £5 and leave your car/motorbike relatively safely? Cheers.
    It's a Sunday AND a Bank Holiday. Should be able to park anywhere that's legal & not double yellowed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if it will mean one of the block seats are closed, or just more space for every one in the away end, as not all seats are sold.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    RedPanda said:
    Does anyone know about parking over there, like somewhere you can pay £5 and leave your car/motorbike relatively safely? Cheers.
    It's a Sunday AND a Bank Holiday. Should be able to park anywhere that's legal & not double yellowed. 
    Thanks, as a motorcyclist I'm not an experienced parker. Was thinking a school or something may charge a few pounds to park safely.

I may just get the coach, at least going Dartford, Bexleyheath, Charlton you're sort of heading in the right direction.

Would be a good game for them to stick on a couple of extra coaches, could be popular as it allows for more drinks on Xmas day.
  • Options
    clive said:
    The times have been revised as they were leaving Charlton as the last pick-up at silly o'clock, which in turn made all the other pick-ups earlier still.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    RedPanda said:
    Thanks, as a motorcyclist I'm not an experienced parker. Was thinking a school or something may charge a few pounds to park safely.

I may just get the coach, at least going Dartford, Bexleyheath, Charlton you're sort of heading in the right direction.

Would be a good game for them to stick on a couple of extra coaches, could be popular as it allows for more drinks on Xmas day.
    If you take the bike, Wandsworth council allows free motorcycle parking
  • Options
    Got our tickets today. Need one on the door step after Sunderland, Burton, Morecombe and gateshead 
  • Options
    Times like this my late buying of tickets (usually on the door of home/away games) really bites.  370 points just not enough.  Need to be more organized in future!  Worst thing is I will now have to go to the In-Laws on Boxing day where this game was going to be my way out.  😡
  • Options
    Can the ground be trammed from Beckenham Junction?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Can the ground be trammed from Beckenham Junction?
    1. Tram towards Wimbledon
    2. Walk
      0.1 mi (3 minutes)
    3. Alexandra Road / Wimbledon Station (Stop A)
      493 towards Tooting Graveney
      Wimbledon Stadium (Stop SL)
    4. Walk
      0.4 mi (7 minutes)
      AFC Wimbledon, Plough Ln, London SW17 0NR
  • Options
    Thanks for that information.
    Apparently the 493 is tiny and unreliable.
    Without main line trains every alternative needs exploring.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be walking from Charlton. Setting off from The Valley at 11am, if anybody fancies joining in
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I will be walking from Charlton. Setting off from The Valley at 11am, if anybody fancies joining in
    It would take me over an hour to walk to the valley. 
    You would then have to carry me to Wimbledon. 
  • Options
    Times like this my late buying of tickets (usually on the door of home/away games) really bites.  370 points just not enough.  Need to be more organized in future!  Worst thing is I will now have to go to the In-Laws on Boxing day where this game was going to be my way out.  😡
    Go to a non league match

Welling vs Dulwich
    Dartford vs Ebbsfleet
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why do you intend to walk?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    So someone can offer a lift.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Because walking is great.  ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Do you know how much I'll have eaten the previous day? Oh wait of course you do IT'S CHRISTMAS. It doesn't call for 10,000 steps, it calls for 40,000
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The worst performance I have ever seen from us was a Boxing Day game at Plough Lane a good few years back.
    We lost of course, our performance was disgraceful an absolute no show from the entire team.
    Anyone else remember this game and can fill in the shameful details?
    Incidentally, our Boxing Day results have not been much to shout about over the years!
    I seem to remember we had a bit of an injury crisis and played a young Paul Mortimer at centre half and I seem to also remember him giving away a pen. Seemed a strange decision to me at the time as we had Leaburn who might have been better suited to the role against their physical attack. Can’t recall now but Fash may well have been up front for them.