Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+Post p23): Gateshead vs Charlton | FA Cup 2nd Round | Fri 3rd Dec 2021, 7.45pm

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant keeping 
  • Options
    This kind of fixture reminds me that the skill gap between L1 and non league is a lot closer than L1 to the premium loog
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    How the hell have Gateshead gotten so far in the competition???

Especially when you need to score to win
  • Options
    Great triple save from Henderson.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bye Deji?

No how's he got away with that?
    Very little contact, Famewo inside him as cover, not a clear goal-scoring opportunity as Gateshead strikers have been cack.

Any or all of the above, m'lud.
  • Options
    2 saves at close range from Hendo in that. Don't think my heart rate has come back down yet.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Jermaine Beckford is too young to have heard of Soundgarden and now I feel old
    Especially as I'm younger than him!
    You don’t look it.

Ha, it's this place that did it to me
  • Options
    Oh dear me - juggling now.  Well done Hendo.  Maybe start the javelin competition now to liven this up a bit
  • Options
    Henderson playing very well. Especially considering how regularly he has played for the last ten years.
  • Options
    Incredible save Hendo

Gateshead have had about 6 great chances
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad to have Henderson there.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Not impressed with Henderson on this showing.
    Maybe I've missed something but what's he done wrong? Made a good save near the end. 
    I take it back.
  • Options
    Henderson never catches!
  • Options
    Thank god they didnt make it 1-2 as that would have made injury time a bit nervy
  • Options
    Albie in a nutshell
  • Options
    Nice run from Leko, plays it to Morgan who seems to be thinking about a shot but gets tackled, and goes charging over to the far touchline to retrieve.
  • Options
    4 mins added time.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    We look a shambles defensively, we would be very lucky to come away with a clean sheet. Hendo has been a big factor in keeping them out. 
  • Options
    We really need another CB back fit sharpish. Simple balls over the top and we look in all sorts of bother. Deji has played alright but it looks very unorganised and no dropping off when there’s potential danger.
    We’ve conceded some decent chances I agree but I don’t think all things considered it’s been that bad at all.  We’ve an 18 year old at the heart of the three he’s not going to be the organiser right now, but he’s defended brilliant.  Our wing backs have been further up the pitch than usual so that doesn’t help, and we’re still using a makeshift right sided CB.  Take into account that this is their biggest game of the season, they were always going to give it a go.  
    My point is that we are giving away multiple good chances against a Conference North side, doesn’t bode well for playing Ipswich. 
    Yeah I get that and I agree there’s been one too many.  But I don’t think it’ll be the same scenario come Tuesday.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    We have been caught out to often with long balls forward to their line striker.
    If we give Ipswich this many chances we lose 6 nil
    Our basic defending has been very poor tonight, against a side 3 divisions lower. A better team will punish us.
  • Options
    Thank god they didnt make it 1-2 as that would have made injury time a bit nervy
    If that had gone in these mic clowns would have called it the winner.
  • Options
    Gateshead play the ball into our area, but end up running it out of play and we go V-E-R-Y slowly to retrieve it for the goal kick.
  • Options
    A shame CBT isn’t playing, with his cousin playing up front for Gateshead.
  • Options
    We've done the bare minimum to win this game tonight which is fair enough but it hasn't been an enjoyable watch
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    We have been caught out to often with long balls forward to their line striker.
    If we give Ipswich this many chances we lose 6 nil
    Our basic defending has been very poor tonight, against a side 3 divisions lower. A better team will punish us.
    But then we'll hopefully be tighter at the back and a bit more cautious 
  • Options
    Sean Clare and Akin Famewo getting a lot of praise from Martin Tyler and Stewart Robson.
  • Options
    We're playing to our opposition's level and winning. 

In fairness to Gateshead they've done well in terms of competing. They're just not to the same level when it comes to finishing.
  • Options
    Gilbey plays wide to Pape, but we end up going backwards to Famewo.
  • Options
    Beckford, son, won't you shtum
    And wash away the paaaaain