Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Women to rebrand as "Charlton Ladies" - turned down by FA (p28)

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Just 2 days before Christmas the Coventry United Womens team have liquidated and the players have been told "You have a week's money now go and find a new job"

Maybe Thomas isn't do bad after all

Coventry are in the same division as CAFC.  
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Just 2 days before Christmas the Coventry United Womens team have liquidated and the players have been told "You have a week's money now go and find a new job"

Exactly! Without Sandgaard who else would have gone full time. The team would still be part time and not been competitive. A lot to thank the man for that he wants to put his money in 
    So what we saying then?
    Count yourselves lucky you're full time and you're be called what you're called?
  • Options
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Exactly! Without Sandgaard who else would have gone full time. The team would still be part time and not been competitive. A lot to thank the man for that he wants to put his money in 
    Maybe it is possible to put the money in AND respect the views of the players and supporters. Is that so unthinkable ?

Isn't it also possible to respect the decision already made by TS and just get on with it? Does it eally matter that much? My nonsense suggestion above was clearly just that but blimey, how offensive can playing for a team called Ladies rather than Women really be? 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Maybe it is possible to put the money in AND respect the views of the players and supporters. Is that so unthinkable ?

This is not about the ladies/women debate though is it? This is about a fellow club in the same division going bust. 

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

So what we saying then?
    Count yourselves lucky you're full time and you're be called what you're called?
    No, be thankful you are not in the same scenario as Coventry. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Isn't it also possible to respect the decision already made by TS and just get on with it? Does it eally matter that much? My nonsense suggestion above was clearly just that but blimey, how offensive can playing for a team called Ladies rather than Women really be? 
    Think those who have been asked have already answered that question and been ignored.

But heh, be grateful yeah 🙄
    i thought it was said that the previous team were happy with it but its the new one that isn't? 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Think those who have been asked have already answered that question and been ignored.

i thought it was said that the previous team were happy with it but its the new one that isn't? 
    You just answered your own question………..the new, professional team, doesn’t want it.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

You just answered your own question………..the new, professional team, doesn’t want it.
    well then it sounds like the decision was already made and whatever is involved in a brand rollout has already been commissioned and if they weren't aware when they moved to us, thats one of those things and surely they can just get on with it - things happen and it cuts both ways - can't they just get on with it as a mark of thanks - i have to wear a red and blue kit that our chairman took it upon himself to order a few years ago with no consultation but i'm not gonna refuse to wear it or keep bleating on about it coz he's done a lot for the club  
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

So what we saying then?
    I'm just stating there are bigger things than a name.  I know it this current scenario is emotive to many people but I would suggest being given a week's notice that you are now unemployed, 2 days prior to Christmas, is slightly more or an issue.

Really feel for those affected. Shit situation, dreadfully handled and shocking timing

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

well then it sounds like the decision was already made and whatever is involved in a brand rollout has already been commissioned and if they weren't aware when they moved to us, thats one of those things and surely they can just get on with it - things happen and it cuts both ways - can't they just get on with it as a mark of thanks - i have to wear a red and blue kit that our chairman took it upon himself to order a few years ago with no consultation but i'm not gonna refuse to wear it or keep bleating on about it coz he's done a lot for the club  
    Can’t they just get on with it = no.

Whose bleating = no one.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

It obviously still hurts though, eh?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Can’t they just get on with it = no.

Whose bleating = no one.
    disagree - lets leave it there - too many silly principles and stubbornness over common sense cause most of the problems in this world 
  • Options
    You know when you are in an online meeting - it's like looking in a mirror until you realise you can catch yourself looking away.  Weird.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Pico said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

It obviously still hurts though, eh?
    nope 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I don’t dislike TS, but if he does daft and damaging things they ought to be called out. This goes way beyond what fans think is right and is damaging him and the club. This isn’t going away because he says so, it has engaged people well beyond the club. It’s not a few unhappy people on Twitter, it’s his own employees on one flank and the football authorities/media/women’s sports lobby on the other. For what, exactly?
    The football authorities don’t want the term ladies to be used? So if that’s accurate maybe the perceived issue will be resolved for him then. But as I say not my beef one way or the other. 

Back to my query on how he might perceive delays you seem to suggest that’s of his own making by being remote and not a specific issue with the management team in situ. That’s interesting. 

I guess by installing his son to be on the ground irrespective of his current title / assumed remit we get closer to fixing the remote management concern. Even if it takes time maybe MS is being groomed for a role more akin to a CEO?
    They are opposed to the change and have told the club that they should not use “Ladies” without their consent, which had not been granted.
  • Options
    So it can be branded internally as whatever you like, but the Championship table will always say Women
  • Options
    I don’t dislike TS, but if he does daft and damaging things they ought to be called out. This goes way beyond what fans think is right and is damaging him and the club. This isn’t going away because he says so, it has engaged people well beyond the club. It’s not a few unhappy people on Twitter, it’s his own employees on one flank and the football authorities/media/women’s sports lobby on the other. For what, exactly?
    The football authorities don’t want the term ladies to be used? So if that’s accurate maybe the perceived issue will be resolved for him then. But as I say not my beef one way or the other. 

Back to my query on how he might perceive delays you seem to suggest that’s of his own making by being remote and not a specific issue with the management team in situ. That’s interesting. 

I guess by installing his son to be on the ground irrespective of his current title / assumed remit we get closer to fixing the remote management concern. Even if it takes time maybe MS is being groomed for a role more akin to a CEO?
    They are opposed to the change and have told the club that they should not use “Ladies” without their consent, which had not been granted.
    Very interesting. Do we know how recently that development was ? I don’t know if you infer TS knew thus at the time of the Fans Forum but is trying to get the support he needs or if it’s more recent?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    clb74 said:
    Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

So what we saying then?
    I'm just stating there are bigger things than a name.  I know it this current scenario is emotive to many people but I would suggest being given a week's notice that you are now unemployed, 2 days prior to Christmas, is slightly more or an issue.

Really feel for those affected. Shit situation, dreadfully handled and shocking timing

What it actually sounds like your saying is, ‘suck up the name change Ladies cos you could all be out of a job by Christmas’.

That doesn’t sound great tbh.

Awful for the Coventry team, absolutely dreadful. But this has zero to do with our Women and what they would like to be called.
    Wish I’d created a new thread now so as not to get into the naming issues.  Was just saying the name is an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things.

• Options
    edited December 2021

Very interesting. Do we know how recently that development was ? I don’t know if you infer TS knew thus at the time of the Fans Forum but is trying to get the support he needs or if it’s more recent?
    You have to supply a justification with any application to change the name. Club had not provided one. Not new.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    clb74 said:
    Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

So what we saying then?

What it actually sounds like your saying is, ‘suck up the name change Ladies cos you could all be out of a job by Christmas’.

Awful for the Coventry team, absolutely dreadful. But this has zero to do with our Women and what they would like to be called.
    Wish I’d created a new thread now so as not to get into the naming issues.  Was just saying the name is an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things.

Thats what i was trying to say but there again, i'm not a woman playing for a woman's team - however, i still think its an irrelevance. Same applies for lots of issues these days - you can't havea  view coz you're not in that position - diversity issues for instance - well yes i can and its called common sense and always has been.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    It's still cafcwomen on the website

https://cafcwomen.co.uk/first-team/

and they'll never be ladies to me...
    And it still says women on the sign outside The Oakwood (well it did this morning anyway) 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    clb74 said:
    Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

So what we saying then?

Not if you’re the FA and not if you’re a female player. Nobody says other people can’t have a view but a lot of the arguments on here are just “whataboutery”. Football as a whole is an irrelevance in “the grand scheme of things” and as far as the majority of people are concerned. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter to those who do care about it.
  • Options
    Men's football is not an irrelevance, its part of the fabric of our society and was one of the things heralded as being good for the nation's mental health when it kept going during lockdown - the wishes of the womens FA anda  squad of Women whi had nothing to do with our club before  this season, taking up circa 50% of the fans forum, is disproportionate to its relevance to 99% of supporters who have followed the club for years and years - thats the point. That isn't the Womens teams fault or the FA's fault, its the air time the issue was given compared to how important it is to the vast majority. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Men's football is not an irrelevance, its part of the fabric of our society and was one of the things heralded as being good for the nation's mental health when it kept going during lockdown - the wishes of the womens FA anda  squad of Women whi had nothing to do with our club before  this season, taking up circa 50% of the fans forum, is disproportionate to its relevance to 99% of supporters who have followed the club for years and years - thats the point. That isn't the Womens teams fault or the FA's fault, its the air time the issue was given compared to how important it is to the vast majority. 
    I’m sorry, what 😳
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    But we're talking about the "grand scheme of things". Football has had a little parliamentary time recently, but what proportion of HoC time is taken up discussing it? Is it as important in other countries? What about on other planets? I think you're missing the big picture, Doucher, which I will define as it suits me...
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    clb74 said:
    Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

So what we saying then?

Thats what i was trying to say but there again, i'm not a woman playing for a woman's team - however, i still think its an irrelevance. Same applies for lots of issues these days - you can't havea  view coz you're not in that position - diversity issues for instance - well yes i can and its called common sense and always has been.
    Thing is it isn't "common sense".  Common sense is stuff like don't use a hammer to drive a screw, don't walk on a unlit road in dark clothing.  When it comes to issues such as this "common sense" just means "this is what I think based on my own experiences and if  you don't agree you are wrong".  
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    But we're talking about the "grand scheme of things". Football has had a little parliamentary time recently, but what proportion of HoC time is taken up discussing it? Is it as important in other countries? What about on other planets? I think you're missing the big picture, Doucher, which I will define to as it suits me...
    Do you agree that the vast majority of our fans have no interest in the women's team and even less interest in what they are called? Thats the test of relevance in this case, not a bizzare analogy to what's being discussed in Parliament.